Mystery: Are there games that use more then 3gb of vram on 1080p?

Guest Onlynormalgamer
Go to solution Solved by Guest Onlynormalgamer,

So answer is NO.

I have asus gtx 780 directCU II OC.
I know that some people were saying that watch dogs was using 3.4gb of vram,but that was before they fix optimization a little bit.
Also are bf4,crysis 3,far cry 3 use more then 3 gb of vram on this gpu? (I think that they don't use same amount on every gpu).
So what is your personal experience? Also what will happen if game use more then 3gb of vram and I have only 3gb? Will I lose some fps,or quality of image a little bit or what?
Thank you.
Also will new games use more vram?

Sometimes I feel like 2gb of vram is not enough for games like Dayz Standalone.

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

does adding a lot of mods in skyrim count? If it counts then yes, it will use 3gb of vram or more if you mod skyrim a lot. 

Not when you have trash like a 7870 :( I regret my purchase, I can't even play Minecraft

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

I have 3gb on asus gtx 780 oc. I am asking are games use more then 3gb of vram.

Not when you have trash like a 7870 :( I regret my purchase, I can't even play Minecraft

I have an HD 7750... How bout that!

"Nope, said the engineer"

Aww :(

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

does adding a lot of mods in skyrim count? If it counts then yes, it will use 3gb of vram or more if you mod skyrim a lot. 

No it doesn't count. Or at least I considering that. But what about games that I mention?(far cry 3,crysis 3,watch dogs,bf4)

I have 3gb on asus gtx 780 oc. I am asking are games use more then 3gb of vram.

I was just adding for comparison.

Edit: I'd like to think that only poorly optimised alphas and betas will use more than 3gb of vram. 

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

Aww :(

Please... I have intel celeron 2.53ghz,1gb of ddr2 ram,80gb of old hdd,and amd x300/x550/x1050 series

Skyrim kept crashing on me when i had my 2gig 7850s

Now im trying to push it until it crashes again. With my Asus Strix 780. 6gigs of vram xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I was just adding for comparison.

Oh,ok.

I know that game use more then 2,but does they use more then 3gb of vram on 1080p... :D

Please... I have intel celeron 2.53ghz,1gb of ddr2 ram,80gb of old hdd,and amd x300/x550/x1050 series

OH MY GOD.....

I'm sorry

I'm so sorry

"Nope, said the engineer"

Short answer: NO.

Only games that need more than 2GB Vram @1080p are games like Skyrim where you added a TON of visual mods or poorly coded games which have to be really terribly coded, which means you won't bother playing them either way.

OH MY GOD.....

I'm sorry

I'm so sorry

Hahahahaha :D

I played cod 4,on 800*600,with everything off,or low(if off wasn't option) And I was getting about 23fps average :D

on 1024*768 like 10fps...

No it doesn't count. Or at least I considering that. But what about games that I mention?(far cry 3,crysis 3,watch dogs,bf4)

i only have 2gb of vram and i don't hit the spike, i guess any type of game could use more than 3gb of vram if your gaming at a super high resolution or have a muti monitor setup 

I have an EVGA 780ti Kingping Edition and I can run every game I have played so far practically maxed out so my opinion on this would be that its not just vram that matters when gaming as you can get a gpu with 3gb for about 70€ (idk like 150$ maybe lol) that wont even run minecraft xD or a 3gb gpu like mine for 790€ and run everything at max. When choosing a gpu there are many things to take into account like the speed, architecture of the card, cooling, vram, cuda cores, overclockability...but those things wont always tell you how it performs though. Look at benchmarks of Games with that gpu then you will really know :D

I have an EVGA 780ti Kingping Edition and I can run every game I have played so far practically maxed out so my opinion on this would be that its not just vram that matters when gaming as you can get a gpu with 3gb for about 70€ (idk like 150$ maybe lol) that wont even run minecraft xD or a 3gb gpu like mine for 790€ and run everything at max :P

did you play any of the game I mention?

I edited my post but anyway I play many games heres a few : Watch dogs, Cod from world at war to ghosts, bf3, bf4 , need for speed, gta 4 (waiting for 5 :P) , and many more

And of course I play the most GPU demanding game of all time MINECRAFT :P #300-450 fps xD

I edited my post but anyway I play many games heres a few : Watch dogs, Cod from world at war to ghosts, bf3, bf4 , need for speed, gta 4 (waiting for 5 :P) , and many more

Do you have watch dogs or bf4 installed on your computer? I was thinking that maybe you could help us all and put this theory to test :P

And of course I play the most GPU demanding game of all time MINECRAFT :P #300-450 fps xD

like I said I get 20fps in it with everything low :P

What other parts you have?

it's minecrafts fault! I even play dayz standalone with more frames than I need ;)

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

it's minecrafts fault! I even play dayz standalone with more frames than I need ;)

I dont understand this whole minecraft fps problem thing going on, I mean even with my integrated graphics I got like 80-100 fps sometimes at  8 render distance everything else maxed

If your problems are that bad then try using optifine as it does increase fps a LOoOt :P