Windows 8.1 Users could get Windows 9 for free (price leaked)

You guys are going on complaining about how much Microsoft Charges a lot for windows and how Mac OSX is free but like what the OP says Microsoft is mainly a software company and relies on the money they get from that. While Apple on the other hand, gains a crap ton of money from their sales of computers/idevices so they don't need to charge as much for their software

Surface

Windows Phone

Those two categories should bring in a nice chunk of change. It's just that $99 for an OS upgrade is a little extreme these days.

Surface

Windows Phone

Those two categories should bring in a nice chunk of change. It's just that $99 for an OS upgrade is a little extreme these days.

It felt horrible spending $100 on 8.1 just a couple months ago for me. That is a bit extreme.

One thing though, not sure about the phone, but the surface has cost MS 1.7billion USD in losses for FY2013 and FY2014 alone. Yikes!

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Surface+Losses+Total+676M+USD+for+FY2014+Will+Launch+in+25+Additional+Markets/article36351.htm

Adding to my earlier post- with Windows updates now dropping yearly, $99 is too much. It isn't like before when we got one every 4-5 years. Apple is now offering it free, with a major update every year. Windows has the yearly part down, but still charging too much. Even $29 would be more reasonable.

It felt horrible spending $100 on 8.1 just a couple months ago for me. That is a bit extreme.

One thing though, not sure about the phone, but the surface has cost MS 1.7billion USD in losses for FY2013 and FY2014 alone. Yikes!

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Surface+Losses+Total+676M+USD+for+FY2014+Will+Launch+in+25+Additional+Markets/article36351.htm

Early adoption got me windows 8/8.1 for 30 bones :)

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

any offer for windows 7 dudes?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Anyone can get OS X Mavericks for free. Oh, and Yosemite too.

#GloriousMasterMacRace

Mircro$oft needs to stop charging $100 plus for new editions of Windows that 99% of peole hate.

they only just changed that when microsoft dropped the initial upgrade cost to win 8 to $40. Prior to that it was what ~$35 or something.