Windows 9 upgrade either free or $20, Enterprise has no Metro interface

Deletive

The resolution 1400 by 900 at a base model.... 1080p (1920 by 1080) is better. And SSD may be slower but not by much and its double the capacity. No matter how fast the ssd is, you only got 128GB for the base model which can't do shit.

And even so, thats what great about Lenovo, they have discounts constantly to the point that it is essentially their MSRP. And Apple rarely has discounts so its still a fair comparison.

Actually I've never seen the price that low on the Y40.

I was comparing to the Retina MBPR, not the Air. The Air still would have way longer battery life and it's also more portable.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

really only two games that is what you got no Battlefield no Tomb Raider no Crysis 3 and you only choose the crappy console ports.

Man did you even click on the links for those two reviews? In BOTH reviews (Iris Pro as well as 840m), they show drop-down comparisons. They tested like 20-25 games, and guess what? I went and looked up BF4, TR, and Crysis 3.

Here are the results (All benches are Low - 768p):

BF4

Iris Pro: 62.9 fps

840m: 64 fps

TR

Iris Pro: 123.1 fps

840m: 124 fps

Crysis 3

Iris Pro: 50.7 fps

840m: 39 fps

I checked a bunch of other ones. In ~75% of the games, they are neck and neck, with an average difference of around 1% to 2%. In some of the games (Crysis 3, GRID, GRID 2, etc), the difference is HUGE! That is a 23% difference in Crysis 3, for example.

Console port or not, the 840m is - AT BEST- equal to the Iris Pro. At worst, it gets Tyrannosaurus rekt by the Iris Pro.

Now, I'm not actually saying that Mac computers are better or worse than Windows. In fact, I don't want to touch that argument at all. I'm just supporting @ShadowCaptain when he says that the Iris Pro is no slouch, especially compared to the many shitty low-end mobile GPU's out there.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Man did you even click on the links for those two reviews? In BOTH reviews (Iris Pro as well as 840m), they show drop-down comparisons. They tested like 20-25 games, and guess what? I went and looked up BF4, TR, and Crysis 3.

Here are the results (All benches are Low - 768p):

BF4

Iris Pro: 62.9 fps

840m: 64 fps

TR

Iris Pro: 123.1 fps

840m: 124 fps

Crysis 3

Iris Pro: 50.7 fps

840m: 39 fps

I checked a bunch of other ones. In ~75% of the games, they are neck and neck, with an average difference of around 1% to 2%. In some of the games (Crysis 3, GRID, GRID 2, etc), the difference is HUGE! That is a 23% difference in Crysis 3, for example.

Console port or not, the 840m is - AT BEST- equal to the Iris Pro. At worst, it gets Tyrannosaurus rekt by the Iris Pro.

Now, I'm not actually saying that Mac computers are better or worse than Windows. In fact, I don't want to touch that argument at all. I'm just supporting @ShadowCaptain when he says that the Iris Pro is no slouch, especially compared to the many shitty low-end mobile GPU's out there.

Yes I clicked on the link and saw it but I was talking about the results he presented and kaveri is better in gaming gaming.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Thanks dude

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yes I clicked on the link and saw it but I was talking about the results he presented and kaveri is better in gaming gaming.

the... results... he presented? wtf

Your post doesn't make any sense. He posted 2 games that showed Iris Pro being on par with the 840m. You then called him out, basically dismissing the results, saying "shitty console port". FYI, the Titanfall PC port is actually pretty damn good, and the texture resolution is pretty kickass.

Case in point - Screenshot comparisons between PC and console for Titanfall:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Titanfall-PC-Xbox-One-Graphics-Comparison-Shows-Fog-Masking-Lower-Resolution-62077.html

And sure of course Kaveri is better for gaming. So is a GTX 880m. What does that have to do with ANYTHING? No one brought up Kaveri, or any other higher end mobile graphics solutions. Someone said the 840m was far superior to Intel graphics. They were wrong. REALLY wrong.

I still don't really know what your point was.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

the... results... he presented? wtf

Your post doesn't make any sense. He posted 2 games that showed Iris Pro being on par with the 840m. You then called him out, basically dismissing the results, saying "shitty console port". FYI, the Titanfall PC port is actually pretty damn good, and the texture resolution is pretty kickass.

Case in point - Screenshot comparisons between PC and console for Titanfall:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Titanfall-PC-Xbox-One-Graphics-Comparison-Shows-Fog-Masking-Lower-Resolution-62077.html

And sure of course Kaveri is better for gaming. So is a GTX 880m. What does that have to do with ANYTHING? No one brought up Kaveri, or any other higher end mobile graphics solutions. Someone said the 840m was far superior to Intel graphics. They were wrong. REALLY wrong.

I still don't really know what your point was.

Will then I was an asshole for a minute and I apologize

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Will then I was an asshole for a minute and I apologize

Well I wouldn't go so far as saying you were an asshole. Rather, I think your point just wasn't coming across very clearly.

Well I wouldn't go so far as saying you were an asshole. Rather, I think your point just wasn't coming across very clearly.

I guess I understood him wrong and my point was the Iris pro graphics is good for gaming and what CPU come with Intel Iris pro graphics

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Why are people still arguing about Apple products? You can argue the facts all you want, but everyone knows you do pay a little bit more for the product. But the product you get is polished, and it works. I owned 4 windows laptops before my Macbook Pro, and each of them were not only pretty ugly, but I was constantly fighting with the thng to work. This laptop, while yes I spent more than I'd care to admit, will last with me for the rest of my life (and I keep my gaming PC around for well..gaming.)

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

Why are people still arguing about Apple products? You can argue the facts all you want, but everyone knows you do pay a little bit more for the product. But the product you get is polished, and it works. I owned 4 windows laptops before my Macbook Pro, and each of them were not only pretty ugly, but I was constantly fighting with the thng to work. This laptop, while yes I spent more than I'd care to admit, will last with me for the rest of my life (and I keep my gaming PC around for well..gaming.)

You mean you bought four cheap laptops, got what you paid for, and then finally got something premium and found that it was better. Who woulda thunk it?

You mean you bought four cheap laptops, got what you paid for, and then finally got something premium and found that it was better. Who woulda thunk it?

Really cute. 2 of them were in fact pretty cheap (old lenovo thinkpads), 2 of them probably net around $600. Yes, I spent more on the Macbook Pro than I did on the Windows based machines, but at least the device works when I want it to. There isn't constant tinkering that's necessary with the machine, and I've found that with all of my windows machines.

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

Really cute. 2 of them were in fact pretty cheap (old lenovo thinkpads), 2 of them probably net around $600. Yes, I spent more on the Macbook Pro than I did on the Windows based machines, but at least the device works when I want it to. There isn't constant tinkering that's necessary with the machine, and I've found that with all of my windows machines.

That's not a fair comparison, you can't compare cheap low spec machines to premium high spec machines.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That's not a fair comparison, you can't compare cheap low spec machines to premium high spec machines.

It's successful Apple marketing at work. Make people think that Macs are the only premium machines you can buy. It's how they work.

The hell does any of this have to do with Windows 9 possible being free? If it gets rid of Metro, even at a small cost I'll be sure to pick it up and dual boot on my machine. 

It's handy to have some times.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

"Also a test version of Windows 9 RT has been created but it will only run on Microsoft’s Surface 3."

I'm very curious how true this is since the rumours state that RT and Windows Phone will merge into one system. What worries me most, though, is whether at least the Surface 2 (RT) will get whatever version of Windows 9 is intended to run on tablet. It's only a year old device, I can see no reason why it shouldn't get updated.