Windows 9 upgrade either free or $20, Enterprise has no Metro interface

Deletive

http://hardware-360.com/?p=11639

http://www.myce.com/news/windows-9-enterprise-has-no-metro-interface-upgrade-to-windows-9-free-or-20-72511/

"The move mirrors Apple’s OSX which also has very cheap or free upgrades for OSX. Apple however, makes a significant part of their profit from hardware. Microsoft relies mostly on software sales, so ensuring consumers don’t get too used to cheap upgrades is crucial."

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Not to be that guy but this is a repost...

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

Welp, I'm buying Enterprise

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

if by enterprise they mean normal cost (like $70-$90) then id still rather pay that to get rid of the metro ui

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

What of those that bought a computer with Windows 8 (my parents)

upgrade to 8.1 than you can get it for like 20$

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I still find it amusing that people think OSX is free.  Nothing is free, If you think your getting something for free you aren't looking at the bigger picture.

And yes, this means I highly doubt windows will be free,  it might look that way but in the end it will cost, they all do.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Not sure, I have gotten used to switching between desktop & metro. I actually think it's faster from my perspective. 

The only problem I've seen is that "tablets" would only have the Metro UI, Which I hope doesn't include their surface line. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Guess im buying enterprise or pro all I really care about is no fn metro and windows media center fornmy hd homerun primes as its the best I found to use with it

I still find it amusing that people think OSX is free.  Nothing is free, If you think your getting something for free you aren't looking at the bigger picture.

What are you trying to say?

Anyone can download it, there's literally no DRM.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

What are you trying to say?

Anyone can download it, there's literally no DRM.

What he means is you buying a mac pays for the OS. 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

What he means is you buying a mac pays for the OS. 

Yeah but all of the OSes are free. You don't even have to own a Mac, like I said, it's DRM free.

And even if it were true, what's his point? You get a good value when you buy a Mac, hardware wise and especially software wise, so who cares if the OS is included in that price?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yeah but all of the OSes are free. You don't even have to own a Mac, like I said, it's DRM free.

And even if it were true, what's his point? You get a good value when you buy a Mac, hardware wise and especially software wise, so who cares if the OS is included in that price?

"Apple" and "good value" don't belong together. 

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

"Apple" and "good value" don't belong together. 

Tell me why.

Seriously. You simply can't match the value of a MacBook Air. I dare you to try.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Tell me why.

Seriously. You simply can't match the value of a MacBook Air. I dare you to try.

In the USA maybe...

Here the basic model costs almost $1500.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

In the USA maybe...

Here the basic model costs almost $1500.

So, in other words, your post should really be:

"Apple" and "good value" don't belong together in my country.

Right?

I'd still challenge you to find a similarly specced PC for less. Trust me, I tried and came to the conclusion it can't be done, (yet.) Lenovo comes close with their stuff.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

So, in other words, your post should really be:

Right?

I'd still challenge you to find a similarly specced PC for less. Trust me, I tried and came to the conclusion it can't be done, (yet.) Lenovo comes close with their stuff.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-UX32LN-R4053H-Ultrabook-Review.118273.0.html

Heck,this is even better.

It even has an 840M,which is way way waaay better for gaming(if that's your stuff)

It has a 1080p IPS panel(compared to the 1440x900 of the MBA's)

And it's 900 EUR,so in the US that would be around 900 bucks.Not widely available though(it is where I live though)

The only thing nobody can match is the battery life,but that's mainly because of the OS.

-snip-

In USD that's over $1200, for which price you can get a MacBook Pro Retina 13" with 2560*1600 display, Iris Pro, and an i5-4278U.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I will be inclined to buy enterprise then. I like Windows 8 looks, not function. So Windows 9 Fuck Yea!

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

In USD that's over $1200, for which price you can get a MacBook Pro Retina 13" with 2560*1600 display, Iris Pro, and an i5-4278U.

facepalm*

Another blind Apple supporter.

You know the prices in Europe are much higher,yes?

That MBP retina 13" costs $2000 here.

The usual price conversion goes as follows :

price.inUSD=price.inEUR

Ex : $1000 becomes 1000 EUR.

That is the general rule for pretty much the entire Europe.

facepalm*

Another blind Apple supporter.

You know the prices in Europe are much higher,yes?

That MBP retina 13" costs $2000 here.

The usual price conversion goes as follows :

price.inUSD=price.inEUR

Ex : $1000 becomes 1000 EUR.

Blind Apple supporter? What? That Zenbook costs $1219 USD, which the article states.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Blind Apple supporter? What? That Zenbook costs $1219 USD, which the article states.

In Germany...

I'm guessing this is for like the first few months or something cuz win8 I got for 50 bucks brand new when it was first released. I am very glad I did get windows 8 cuz its been really good. I am exited for the changes in windows 9 though making it a much more seamless, Finley tuned OS. It's really going to be like a windows 8.1 upgrade in design n function. I've been really excited about the direction windows is going. They are going the direction I've wanted in my tech world.

In Germany...

That's not even a complete sentence. What's your point? Euros are not a 1:1 exchange with USD.

Here's the laptop at a store that sells to the US: http://www.adorama.com/ASUX31XH51T.html?cvosrc=cse.google.ASUX31XH51T&cvo_cid=38589028051&gclid=CP_6wp7dtMACFZTm7AodCWwAkg

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /