Sharkoon Vs4- Also drops the aggressive appearance, also £25

brownninja97

125a.jpg125c.jpg

Yesterday I told you about Zalmans change of heart, today Sharkoon seems to also drop the aggressive rip your lungs out kind of appearance. As the markets change more companies seem to be moving their cases in the direction of being simple. It seems elegance is the new trebd that pc users want for their cases.

So this comes in three configs;

• standard: dual usb 2.0, no window, no leds
  • value: dual usb 3.0(19 pin)
  • windowed: has a window(NO WAY) dual usb 3.0(19 pin) and led fans.

Before you ask the fans all are standard oems, est specs, 33.8cfm at 1200rpm. the led and non led fans perform the same.

big_VS4-S_05.jpg

• So the top drive cage is removeable, bottem one isnt. 
  • All stand-offs are pre installed, if you wanna move them then do that
  • A single fan is installed in the normal and value version, the windowed version has two fans, one in front and at the back
  • The sharkoon site is pathetic and finding facts is damn hard on it

big_VS4-S_03.jpg

• Max cpu height it 160mm, it will fit a Noctua nh-d14 in other words.
  • Max gpu length is 310mm, its cant therefore fit a 6990 what a shame.
  • Max psu length is 250mm, it cant fit corsairs titanium psu, what a shame, i cry every time.
  • support for three 3.5 drives
  • Support for three 2.5 drives but that bracket must be left in, that reduces gpu clearance to 250mm.
  • You can mount a hdd out side of the case and no that isnt a hot swap bay so i dont know what the hell it is
  • No support for dual rads due to nothing on the top of the case
  • Crazy lack of pictures on the site

Prices

UK:

£25 for one of them, not sure which one

EU:

25 euros, also dunno which one, cases made in europe so cheaper prices

22.79 euros for the standard one

US:

$35 for one which once  again dunno which

http://elchapuzasinformatico.com/2014/08/sharkoon-vs4-semitorre-desde-24-99-euros/

http://www.techpowerup.com/204587/sharkoon-announces-vs4-series-case.html

http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/node/2618

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/2014/08/sharkoon-announces-vs4-series-case/

http://www.alternate.de/Sharkoon/VS4-W-Geh%C3%A4use/html/product/1133026?

http://www.alternate.es/Sharkoon/VS4-S/html/product/1133024?

Now dont tell me that isnt enough links, what do i need to link wccf to teach you a lesson, thats what i thought

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Finally cases that don't suck for coming to budget builds.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I actually like the design... Hmm. 

Also the Ax1500i is 220mm tho. 

There are some pretty decent value optimised cases coming out at the moment (and reported by you, thanks :)) that make budget cases seem like much less of a compromise. If I were building a medium spec PC, I would certainly look at this case, although I would want to see some reviews of stuff like cable management and whether there are sharp corners etc.

HTTP/2 203

It looks good enough...

I wonder if you can change those status LEDs...

compared to the zalman case you posted yesterday this is shit 

yes, yes it is, but ive had a long day, this is the first thing i could think to post as i wanted to post something.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

If it had no bump-out and no glossy plastic on the front io this would be a near perfect budget case.

You know you watch too many rubbish movies when you think Sharkoon is a play on monsoon and shark to make some kind of brilliant Sharknado rip-off.

I'd watch that just to kill some time...

• 2 months later...

Have you bought the case? If so, how is the build quality? Is it stable or really shaky?

Have you bought the case? If so, how is the build quality? Is it stable or really shaky?

if it's anything like the VS3-S I wouldn't bother buying one. the VS3-S was only ~20€ when I bought it but the quality really sucks (thin, very easily bendable construction (even with the sidepanels on) and wobbly) and there were already 2 expansion slot covers missing when it arrived. it does it's job (keeping all the parts in place) but for a few bucks more you'll get better quality with more features. never again will I buy a product made by Sharkoon.

Color me impressed. It's good to see some cheaper cases which don't try to look super edgy with lights and pointy parts everywhere. Hopefully the market continues like this.

Its ok, slightly worse then zalman, ive built in two as it was on sale and zalman which is my normal go to was out of stock. This is still one of the better cases in its price range. the quality reflects the price, you cant do much better and still get a profit. However there is the zalman r1 which beats this at everything , cooling, silence, build quality, appearance. This is like the dicaprio of cases, great but sadly got overshadowed by something even greater.

Listen if you care.

This actually looks very nice, especially for the price.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

What's with the side panel bulge on cheapo cases?

"Look, we could afford a stamping machine!"

?

If the case was wider instead, it would really be a nice case.

Edit: Also, "LET'S MAKE THE ONE PLACE YOU'RE MEANT TO TOUCH BE GLOSSY"

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

?

Edit: Also, "LET'S MAKE THE ONE PLACE YOU'RE MEANT TO TOUCH BE GLOSSY"

Its a cheap way to be able to shove 24pin cables behind the motherboard.

Listen if you care.

?

Cough cough NZXT Vulcan cough cough

Jk that's my case. I need another one though.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

Its a cheap way to be able to shove 24pin cables behind the motherboard.

i forgot the name of the cheap good looking zalman case, can i ask for a memory refresher?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i forgot the name of the cheap good looking zalman case, can i ask for a memory refresher?

r1

Listen if you care.

I'd love to see Bill Owen to take a stab at this :)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

r1

Thank you

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

• 2 weeks later...

Its ok, slightly worse then zalman, ive built in two as it was on sale and zalman which is my normal go to was out of stock. This is still one of the better cases in its price range. the quality reflects the price, you cant do much better and still get a profit. However there is the zalman r1 which beats this at everything , cooling, silence, build quality, appearance. This is like the dicaprio of cases, great but sadly got overshadowed by something even greater.

What about the zalman r1? Is it solid or can you shake it around easily?

I really like this case but I think the z3 looks better and also the enermax ostrage Q is awesome and there is an aeroocool case that I can't remember that is awesome.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650