295x2 Custom water cooling?

Go to solution Solved by nj4ck,

As for connecting acrylic tubing to the stock blocks, I don't see a way it could be done. The fittings for hardlines are pretty thick in diameter and would likely not fit inside the aluminum shroud, that is if you somehow manage to fit them to the asetek blocks. What I would do instead is get a block like this:

ex-blc-1727_2.jpg

and plasti-dip it to make it look something like this

mOkxGgs.jpg

as for the sanding, it should probably work, you should be able to see by taking a close look at it if the color is painted on or if the actual plastic is colored red.

Hey guys, so I eventually I'm going to get a pair of 295x2's.  Now i have two questions about these cards, one being that I actually really love the aluminium frame housing on this card but I also want a custom water cooling loop. The 1st question i have is do you guys think it would be possible to get my own acrylic and or petg tubing in through the stock 295x2 aluminum housing? And either connect the tubing to the stock asetek water block or if you know of any other low profile water block that would fit well and make my life easier. I realize this would be a tedious job but when you have such expensive cards its nice to show em off a lil :) 

Now if what I stated above is even possible than here's the 2nd question. I'm sure you guys have seen on like the gtx 780's and titans how the glowing geforce logo can be sanded down and its actually white instead of green. Well i was wondering if that's possible with the 295x2. See for some odd reason i want to make a yellow build. I really don't know why but i just like yellow PC's there's not too many of em that I see around, so anyway i was thinking maybe i could sand down the radeon logo and plasti dip it yellow.and the vrm fan well I think I could figure out how to mod that pretty fast and turn the led off or even try to make a yellow led fan. post-122645-0-02357800-1409172233_thumb.

I'm getting an NZXT H440 in orange from Newegg and then plasti dipping the orange inserts yellow. post-122645-0-30163500-1409172415.jpg

This is all going to a build for 4k gaming, possibly rog swift pg278q eyefinity in the future, but also youtube editing recording, and what ever else I find fun. But mostly gaming. The entire build will be uploaded to youtube for you guys ill keep you posted (:

Crazy how just not even a months ago I was a console pleb.. :(... but now i have build 2 pc's and for my third I'm going all in $$$ so if you guys could provide any help I would greatly appreciate it!

Love, Jape.

This isn't a troll?

Sadly can't answer any of your questions , but dayum DUAL R9295X2s?! That's something...

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

yeah thanks i know about this and i know this would make it worlds easier but i was trying too keep the gpu aluminum body and still use a custom loop

only thing I can think of is cutting off the tubing and putting some fittings

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

why cryy? :(...

jealousy just those are more than my computer combined and I have a gtx 650

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

only thing I can think of is cutting off the tubing and putting some fittings

hmm yeah actually I think that's my best option. i know its a bit shallow that im going through all this trouble just keep some freaking led's but i enjoy lil projects like this so think it will turn out nice. thanks btw

hmm yeah actually I think that's my best option. i know its a bit shallow that im going through all this trouble just keep some freaking led's but i enjoy lil projects like this so think it will turn out nice. thanks btw

turns out that the aluminum part is a cover for the block inside so if you take that off you shoul have access to the block directly but I would cut the tubing near the fan so nothing gets damaged

As for connecting acrylic tubing to the stock blocks, I don't see a way it could be done. The fittings for hardlines are pretty thick in diameter and would likely not fit inside the aluminum shroud, that is if you somehow manage to fit them to the asetek blocks. What I would do instead is get a block like this:

ex-blc-1727_2.jpg

mOkxGgs.jpg

as for the sanding, it should probably work, you should be able to see by taking a close look at it if the color is painted on or if the actual plastic is colored red.

Pastidip is too opaque to let enough light through for a logo. You will need to use a yellow film or dye to get yellow light out of it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ex-blc-1727_2.jpg

mOkxGgs.jpg

OMG! im in love! that looks so nice! thank you!

Pastidip is too opaque to let enough light through for a logo. You will need to use a yellow film or dye to get yellow light out of it.

truee 

turns out that the aluminum part is a cover for the block inside so if you take that off you shoul have access to the block directly but I would cut the tubing near the fan so nothing gets damaged

i have so much thinking to do

jealousy just those are more than my computer combined and I have a gtx 650

im getting a pc instead of a car don't feel bad haha. 

im getting a pc instead of a car don't feel bad haha.

you can get a used r34 here with that kind of money

• 5 months later...

Any update on logo color change? I am also wanting to change my led color on my r9 295x2 h440 build