MSI Z97 Gaming 7 booting issue

Hi,

I have following build:-

PSU: CORSAIR VS650

Motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 7

RAM: GSKILL 16 GB RAM

MONITOR:  Asus 24 inch VS248H LED

CPU:  INTEL 4770K

I am not able to boot it. One of the lights are not turned on, on mobo.

Is it like there are some compatibility issues with my build.

Somebody here told me this build is compatible.

Please let me know your views.

The build is fine they are compatible.Try this.Take out the ram use only 1 stick and see if is going to boot up

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I tried with one stick but which slot should I use to put the stick, any specific slot?

I tried with one stick but which slot should I use to put the stick, any specific slot?

Doesn't matter.Still not booting up?

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

No its not :(

You power it up and it stays that way without doing nothing or it turns itself off?

You power it up and it stays that way without doing nothing or it turns itself off?

It does stays that way and does nothing, nothing on monitor, and try using a keyboard to check if it shows some lights when pressing caps but no luck :(

It does stays that way and does nothing, nothing on monitor, and try using a keyboard to check if it shows some lights when pressing caps but no luck :(

Ok lets try some things.Had this kind of issue i know what is related too so lets start.First take out the bios battery wait 10 sec and put it back on or use the clear cmos jumper is a 2 pin connector located near the battery or bios chip(use a screwdriver to touch those 2 pins )

Ok lets try some things.Had this kind of issue i know what is related too so lets start.First take out the bios battery wait 10 sec and put it back on or use the clear cmos jumper is a 2 pin connector located near the battery or bios chip(use a screwdriver to touch those 2 pins )

Nothing bro :(

Nothing bro :(

Now the fun part.There is something that is not well connected or doesn't make contact.The 24 pin the 8 pin...something take out all the cables and plug them back it

If you are wondering why i say this is because i used to clean up my pc each part at a time and when i did put all back together it won't boot just start and stay with the power phase leds on

as i said there is something related to the contacts.Maybe the processor is not well placed or the ram or some cables

Since he ruled out RAM with you, double check EVERY connection and ensure that everything is plugged in where it needs to be. Your build is fine. I had similar issues and I just reseated everything and then it worked. Have you run through the "README: How to respond to a no POST or no power up situation" guide?

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

Since he ruled out RAM with you, double check EVERY connection and ensure that everything is plugged in where it needs to be. Your build is fine. I had similar issues and I just reseated everything and then it worked. Have you run through the "README: How to respond to a no POST or no power up situation" guide?

Thanks will go through that...

Thanks will go through that...

Any luck yet?

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

• 4 months later...

Just as a warning, the new Haswell platform is incompatible with older first gen Sandforce controllers, i.e. SF-12xx/15xx. The newer SF-2xxx controllers are fine. 

All 6 GB/s Sandforce SSDs are fine. 

But all 3 GB/s Sandforce SSDs are affected. This affects all manufacturers, including OCZ agility 2/vertex 2, Corsair force (1st gen), GSkill phoenix, OWC mercury, Mushkin callisto, Adata s599, Patriot inferno, etc.

If you're still using a first gen Sandforce drive, you might want to upgrade to a newer drive if upgrading to Haswell.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/730176-haswell-incompatible-first-gen-sandforce-ssds.html

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34217-Sandforce-SSD-not-supported-by-Haswell

Rather than dumping the SSD, or the motherboard, another option is to purchase an add on SATA card. I contacted OCZ support for my 60Gb Vertex 2 SSD and they suggested the following solution:

The series 2 model drive is not compatible with Haswell based chipsets. It will not function correctly or even at all if attached to the Haswell Intel SATA ports on the motherboard.

If your motherboard has an onboard integrated raid controller, such as one made by Marvell, ASMedia, or JMicron the drive will work fine in one of these SATA ports. But it will not function correctly when attached to an Intel SATA port on a Haswell motherboard.

I added in a $15 ebay SATA card, and now the SSD is rock solid. I used Passmark Rebooter and cycled the box through 120 reboots without a single failure. 

Are you even getting boot codes? I know it took a long time for my 5 series to boot 1st time to the bios screen. *shrug*

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

I seen someone asked if the 24 pin was connected.. is the 8pin connected also? also if your using the on board video there is a huge possibility the HDMI ,VGA plug is DOA.

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

1 more post.. I dint see a Video card listed for your build also a aftermarket cooler. If your going stock might be overheating on you. Possibilities !!!!!!!!!!!