64bit google chrome

NUFCThomas

"Google made the exciting reveal of 64 bit Chrome for Windows 7 and 8 back in June. Since that reveal the 64 bit version has yet to be released to the public in a stable form, that’s until today. Today Google revealed the stable version of 64 bit Google Chrome as part of the Chrome 37 rollout. As expected the 64 bit version promises faster browsing, more stability and better security. Google are touting improved media performance such as with the VP9 codec that is used in YouTube HD videos – they claim 15% better decoding performance. Results from Google’s beta programs also reveal that the 64 bit rendering engines are almost twice as stable as their 32 bit counter-parts." -- Eteknix

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/?platform=win64

P.S I have tried it and it is very fast

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

Is it more demanding now too? 

(asking you since you've tried it)

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Is it more demanding now too? 

(asking you since you've tried it)

No idea, dont have a clue what it use to use.

However while posting this it uses up to 0.4% of my cpu (specs in sig) and 80mb of ram

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

How different is it from Canary?

Edit:

Google with new update: With just 2 tabs open, one on Google, the other LTT. It used ~0.3% of my cpu, but it's a little eratic, spiked up to 15% loading various pages, 128mb ram usage

Canary: Same as above: 2 tabs, 1 for google, other for LTT. ~0.03% cpu usage idle, spikes up to 11% loading pages. 97mb ram usage.

Have multiple extensions running, main ones are Adblock Plus, Ghostery & Proxymate for both browsers.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

No idea, dont have a clue what it use to use.

However while posting this it uses up to 0.4% of my cpu (specs in sig) and 80mb of ram

Woah, that's ALOT less than before. Thanks for info. 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

this is good and bad, i use waterfox a 64 bit version of firefox however you need 32bit browser for battelog i used to use chrome for that now what am i to use?

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Canary is buggy as shit. Stable is stable.

Only trouble i've had with it, is it does not like my bank's website - Barclays.

Other than that it's been perfectly stable, for me.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I tried it and didn't see any difference that much. Maybe because I only tried it for 30 minutes and I can't play Battlefield because of a Battlelog plugin not supporting 64-bit browsers.

I reverted back to 32-bit as of now :P

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Is 64 bit any faster? And can you just install 64 bit over 32 bit? Basically I HATE when my tabs get lost. Lots of tabs in lots of instances always open. Wish chrome had a way or reopening instances not just tabs.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Is 64 bit any faster? And can you just install 64 bit over 32 bit? Basically I HATE when my tabs get lost. Lots of tabs in lots of instances always open. Wish chrome had a way or reopening instances not just tabs.

You have to uninstall the x32 if I recall correctly and it's supposed to be faster because it can leverage all those memory unlike x32, and as Google claimed,

Speed: 64-bit allows Google to take advantage of the latest processor and compiler optimizations, a more modern instruction set, and a calling convention that allows more function parameters to be passed quickly by registers. As a result, speed is improved, especially in graphics and multimedia content, which sees an average 25 percent bump in performance.

Security: With Chrome able to take advantage of the latest OS features such as High Entropy ASLR on Windows 8, security is improved on 64-bit platforms as well. Those extra bits also help better defend against exploitation techniques such as JIT spraying, and improve the effectiveness of existing security defense features like heap partitioning.

Stability: Google has observed a marked increase in stability for 64-bit Chrome over 32-bit Chrome. In particular, crash rates for the renderer process (i.e. Web content process) are almost half.

TrinityFX

CPU: i5-4440 @ 3.1Ghz RAM: Crucial 1 x 4GB @ 1.6Ghz  MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate GPU: PCS+ HD 7870 Ghz Edition | CASE: NZXT Source 210 Window | HDD #1: Toshiba 3.5" 500GB HDD #2: Toshiba 2.5" 500GB PSU: Cougar SL500 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2wccCJ |

I tried it and didn't see any difference that much. Maybe because I only tried it for 30 minutes and I can't play Battlefield because of a Battlelog plugin not supporting 64-bit browsers.

I reverted back to 32-bit as of now :P

they fixed the battlelog plugin already.

You can install it over the 32-bit version.