Best Gaming Headset

ZeRoyalPanda

So recently I decided to go ahead and stop using my headset because I been using it for about 2 years but sadly now its worn out. First it fell, then it fell again, then feel once more, and finally had a nice dip in ramen. I been trying to look for an great gaming headset but all I find is razer (Which I know is expensive and not the best) or some kind of tutrle beach branded headset (I heard they break easily). Can someone help me out and tell me a good headset that I should buy? 

BTW my headset was a "Gamecom 780" which was the best headset I used lately.

Good time of day. As is standard, you will now be directed to investigate a headphone and separate microphone, which will provide better build and audio quality.

As an example, the Sennheiser HD 518 and Modmic.

To get suggestions more specific to you, please indicate your budget and country of residence.

Thank for your visiting the Audio Subforum on Linus Tech Tips!!

:)

The best headset would be a legitimate set of headphones, otherwise the HyperX Cloud is probably the most sensible 

Good time of day. As is standard, you will now be directed to investigate a headphone and separate microphone, which will provide better build and audio quality.

To get suggestions more specific to you, please indicate your budget and country of residence.

WAT! YOU BEING NICE!?!

I'm so proud :')

And I agree. If the Sennheiser PC360's were still $150 on Amazon I would suggest those. But they aren't. So I won't.

WAT! YOU BEING NICE!?!

And I agree. If the Sennheiser PC360's were still $150 on Amazon I would suggest those. But they aren't. So I won't.

He is always nice, just a matter of wither or not he is being an asshole while he is at it. 

PC3Shitty is overpriced even for $150, you can get the same for less. 

He is always nice, just a matter of wither or not he is being an asshole while he is at it. 

PC3Shitty is overpriced even for $150, you can get the same for less. 

Alright then give me an example. What can you get that is better at that price? They are excellent headphones with a good mic.

why do headsets not provide the same quality as headphones? is it because they added a mic?

Alright then give me an example. What can you get that is better at that price? They are excellent headphones with a good mic.

For Americalanders, SE-A1000 and a Snowflake. 

why do headsets not provide the same quality as headphones? is it because they added a mic?

Because you can get the same quality in both for less. 

For Americalanders, SE-A1000 and a Snowflake. 

WOW those look insane for the price. Only $70. At that point I would go for $20 over and throw a yeti in there. Geez

WOW those look insane for the price. Only $70. At that point I would go for $20 over and throw a yeti in there. Geez

No point, Snowflake is all a standard user will need, and since VoIP's compress, go buy 10 Baja Blasts and hate life for a few days. 

No point, Snowflake is all a standard user will need, and since VoIP's compress, go buy 10 Baja Blasts and hate life for a few days. 

Ah, I use a teamspeak that a friend runs and he sets it fairly stupidly high and I've been able to tell the difference between a snowflake and a snowball that one person in there has.

Ah, I use a teamspeak that a friend runs and he sets it fairly stupidly high and I've been able to tell the difference between a snowflake and a snowball that one person in there has.

Special case*, but I digress, of course there is a difference. Regardless most people won't "feel" the difference, and the Snowflakes size is more agreeable for most. 

Special case*, but I digress, of course there is a difference. Regardless most people won't "feel" the difference, and the Snowflakes size is more agreeable for most. 

Not a special case. I hang out in that teamspeak for a ridiculous number of hours. But I see your point.

Opinions on the modmic 4.0?

Not a special case. I hang out in that teamspeak for a ridiculous number of hours. But I see your point.

Opinions on the modmic 4.0?

Nah, I claim special case, one of my oldest servers ran a lower data rate codec because he had a data cap from his ISP, or another one was that he had a lower bandwidth connection.

Solid option, but I also previously listed the two cheapest options. 

Nah, I claim special case, one of my oldest servers ran a lower data rate codec because he had a data cap from his ISP, or another one was that he had a lower bandwidth connection.

Solid option, but I also previously listed the two cheapest options. 

Well I, and everyone in the teamspeak, can tell the difference, it is at a constant high data rate.

Thank you for telling me about the se-a1000, they look insane for the price. I actually have someone in mind to recommend them to.

Well I, and everyone in the teamspeak, can tell the difference, it is at a constant high data rate.

Thank you for telling me about the se-a1000, they look insane for the price. I actually have someone in mind to recommend them to.

ShearMe equates them to his HD650, I have yet to buy a pair, as I went for the CHC Silverado instead. 

ShearMe equates them to his HD650, I have yet to buy a pair, as I went for the CHC Silverado instead. 

Wow. I might have to grab some for myself.

Wow. I might have to grab some for myself.

Go for for it, I would spot you $50 for it, but I got boned with a parking ticket first day of class. 

Five thousandth post. 

Party post. 

For for it, I would spot you $50 for it, but I got boned with a parking ticket first day of class. 

Five thousandth post. 

Party post. 

gj lol

gj lol

Its not even a good song, its just what shuffle had on at the time. 

WAT! YOU BEING NICE!?!

Just wanted so see what it was like; it'll be back to being a prick in the morning.

It is because headsets are generally made by non audio companies so what that means they aren't as good in making audio products like sennheiser,akg... However hyperx Kingston are made like some qpad model and qpad uses beyerdynamic technology. Hope I helped.

It is because headsets are generally made by non audio companies so what that means they aren't as good in making audio products like sennheiser,akg... However hyperx Kingston are made like some qpad model and qpad uses beyerdynamic technology. Hope I helped.

yea you did :D maybe some day true audio companies will make good headsets :{

So recently I decided to go ahead and stop using my headset because I been using it for about 2 years but sadly now its worn out. First it fell, then it fell again, then feel once more, and finally had a nice dip in ramen. I been trying to look for an great gaming headset but all I find is razer (Which I know is expensive and not the best) or some kind of tutrle beach branded headset (I heard they break easily). Can someone help me out and tell me a good headset that I should buy? 

BTW my headset was a "Gamecom 780" which was the best headset I used lately.

First of all, don't look for headsets. Look for headphones, get a good one and attach a mic (modmics etc.) on it. Here's an excellent article on headphones that can be really good for gaming:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-update-7-9-2014-ultrasone-hfi-15g-added

I have a Sennheiser HD598 and it's amazing both for gaming and music. Good luck finding the one that suits you best! :)

Btw, Beyerdynamic DT990 and DT880 are great options too.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

yea you did :D maybe some day true audio companies will make good headsets :{

Sennheiser actually has a few like g4ame one but it's pricey...