GPU fans are making a "grinding" noise.

Exansis

when i have been playing for a while and the pc starts to become a bit warm inside my gpu's fans start to make this grinding noise. it sound like the fans are either touching the edge or very loose. i have checked the clearance and i can't see the actual fan touching the edges of the gpu. so i am guessing that it is either comming loose or lack of oil or something. this started happening 1 week ago maybe. and i have had this pc for about 2 months now.

Direct link to the graphics card: 

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB PhysX CUDA with ACX cooling fans

Edit: i think my gpu might running a bit fast because i only got the stock bitfenix fans(phenom m case). might put two fans in top and change the back one and bottom one.

Let me take you to the mountain!!

Pretty much sums it up.

I'm just a norwegien skier/snowboarder addicted to pow.

grinding noise may mean the fan bearings are the problem

open you case and hear carefully

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Do you maybe mean coil whine?

maybe. explain what that sounds like and why it happends.

Pretty much sums it up.

Check if you have any GPU sag.  Mine would make a similar noise when it sagged and when I propped it up with zipties the noise went away 100%

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Check if you have any GPU sag.  Mine would make a similar noise when it sagged and when I propped it up with zipties the noise went away 100%

This this this. I have the Asus 770 and it sags pretty bad and I did the same thing with ziptying it to my 5.25 drive bays and the noise went away. Your fan blade might be scraping your fan cover and it generally only happens when it spins up which is when I noticed it.

I'm a student currently attending the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, if you attend or around there please don't hesitate to contact me!

Mudkip: CPU: i5-4670k; Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo; Memory: 16GBs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz; Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD5H; GPU: ASUS DCUII 770 2GB @ 1254MHz; HDD: Seagate Barracude 1TB; PSU: CX750M; Case: ThermalTake A31 Chaser Thunder

it sags maybe 1/10th of a inch(2mm ish) dont know if that is enough to make that noise.

Pretty much sums it up.

it sags maybe 1/10th of a inch(2mm ish) dont know if that is enough to make that noise.

If it makes the noise again try lifting it a bit to get rid of the sag.  Youll need your side panel off.  If the noise goes away theres your problem.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Coil whine:

Coil whine:

doesn't sound like that.

Pretty much sums it up.

doesn't sound like that.

Coil whining doesn't always sound the same. Usually it sounds a bit different