German site leaks 4770 data and benchmarks

Sklomp

Source: http://www.heise.de/ct/meldung/Fruehstart-Intels-Haswell-im-Kurztest-1868226.html

This is their article, but I translated it into English so you can understand what they say.

Actually, Intel will introduce the next-generation Core i Haswell known only at the start of Computex - as the high point of a precisely choreographed PR strategy. So there was since 2011 roadmaps with various bits of information. Boards were already seen at the Embedded World and the CeBIT. This was followed by press conferences for Iris Graphics, and since a few days may manufacturers of PCs, workstations and motherboards to their products Haswell chat - if they reveal any specific details about chipsets and processors. However, Intel is apparently not succeeded in making this plan also all German online retailers to understand. So we were able to advance purchase a Core i7-4770 for 326 euros and test in c't laboratory shortly.

He comes with four cores, Hyper-Threading, 8MB L3 cache and a nominal frequency of 3.4 GHz to 3.9 GHz with Turbo stages in the footsteps of the Core i7-3770 from the Ivy Bridge generation. However, it requires motherboards with the new LGA1150 socket. Intel speaks of a completely new microarchitecture.

Some pictures

IMG_0116-b17f521920a4f268.jpeg

Intel has not all dealers under control: This boxed processor we could already buy.

CPU_verpixelt-f2d41ca57c0ae466.jpeg

Core i7-4770
Officially, the Core i7-4770 will be presented and sold in June, but c't was able to acquire and test a copy.

schild-4821e4f0cc307f98.jpeg

Product Code
Packaging, product, S-spec code and hologram show that we have obtained a very regular processor.

CPU_hinten-5fd1ca2be5ff8c85.jpeg

Underside of the processors
The Haswell processors have 1150 contacts and therefore require new motherboards.

LGA1150-8f775370ece1d6a0.jpeg

LGA1150 socket
The new LGA1150 socket looks confusingly similar to the old. Nevertheless, there are significant changes especially in the power supply to the CPU.

Luefter-46f13ca7dc25d209.jpeg

CPU Cooler
The cooling system remains unchanged from the LGA1155 predecessors. The included Intel cooler is not increased, despite slightly higher TDP.

Corei7-4770-IDLE-6af31255210351ab.png

CPU-Z
With the switch from Intel Haswell Ivybridge on the TDP has increased from 77 to 84 watts.

Corei7-4770-Last_AlleKerne-218d9e33a1c26

Full load
Putting all four cores under load, overclocked the Core i7-4770 3.7 GHz. Have to do only three, there are 3.8 GHz, or even 3.9 GHz.

mpdetect-Corei7-4770-dd163f560eaa3318.pn

Transactional Memory
Playground for programmers: The Core i7-4770 dominates two different extensions for transactional memory: hardware lock Elison and Restricted Transactional Memory.

Cinebench-Corei7-4770-f7a5cdf62854d95b.p

Cinebench
In CPU-intensive Cinebench Haswell can not play its trump cards and is only marginally ahead of his predecessor.
From the previous software hardly benefited, regardless of whether it uses one or more cores. Increase the points in Cinebench just four to eight percent. No wonder, as the changes relate essentially the AVX units, in turn, require special software. Already uses this AVX2 and especially the new FMA instructions (fused multiply-accumulate), then Haswell pulls up and away. In highly optimized Linpack alone brings about the 60 percent increase in performance.
Intel has also improved the integrated graphics unit, even if our test only the HD 4600 GPU and not "Iris" has. In 3DMark11 the Haswell chip 1360 points, its predecessor creates only about half. Thus Intel catches up to the 3D performance of the APU from AMD, but can the A10-5800K not pass - at least not with the HD 4600th

LGA1150 motherboards at CeBIT

42e75e4104270b37.jpeg

Asrock B85M
Apparently the B85 chipset follows the B75, which is aimed at affordable motherboards.

3f07d892cafaa237.jpeg

Asrock Z87 Extreme6
Typical overclocker board with many phases in Spanungswandler.

58c66e9f3ae62448.jpeg

Asrock IMB-180
Uses the QM87 chipset and has a socket for mobile cpu's

67bffdac21af31cb.jpeg

Biostar H87S3 +
The H87 chipset follows the current H77.
In our test processor, which apparently stuck in the standard package, Intel has released two extensions for Transactional Memory (TSX). However, both require hardware lock elision (HLE) and Restricted Transactional Memory (STM) specially compiled code and it is not yet clear how much benefit systems with only one CPU socket and with comparatively few nuclei of it. Transactional Memory is especially intended for (database) server with two or four CPU sockets and numerous seeds. Because, however, still have to wait quite a while to Haswell Haswell-EP and EX, the programmer can practice but as ever.
Whether Haswell processors - as is speculated for quite some time - actually work more economical than their predecessors, yet can be difficult to assess. Our Core i7-4770 took the short test in many scenarios about the same power as the i7-3770 However, we have the latter on a particularly economical LGA1155 motherboard measured. When we LGA1150 has not enough comparable values ​​to assess the effectiveness of the board similarly accurately. In addition, Intel has shifted the voltage converter with Haswell (and thus conversion losses) from the motherboard to the CPU.

post-1244-0-30316500-1369688972.png

With software that actually puts the AVX2 units and the graphics cores  under full load, the power usage is higher than before. While we have measured with an older, optimized for AVX Linpack compilation 82 watts on the 12 volt rail to the CPU, there are 95 watts with AVX2 software. This is probably also the reason that Intel has raised the TDP of 77 to 84 watts. 

What do you guys from the upcoming processor and the different chipsets? For me I like the fact that they release a motherboard with an mobile cpu socket, because it means that you can buy mobile processors in store now. This means that you can upgrade your clevo laptops easier than before and cheaper than doing it trough the reseller of your laptop.

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

So I think that Haswell would require not much voltage to overclock this thing since its running at 3.7 at 0.88V. Not sure if this is on load or idle. Does it turn its voltage lower when it is idle?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This looks interesting, but than again it's not proven so we can't rely on it.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

So I think that Haswell would require not much voltage to overclock this thing since its running at 3.7 at 0.88V. Not sure if this is on load or idle. Does it turn its voltage lower when it is idle?

they say that it is under load, it would explain the psu problems with haswell also, because of the low voltage

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

Very interesting voltages. Should keep the 4770k quite cool when overclocked, I personally will stick with my 2700k or a 3770k sometime in the future

144Hz goodness

Looks like haswell won't require all the volts in existence to get a decent overclock, nice!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |