Zalman R1: Its £25 its not aggressive *world explodes*

brownninja97

Personal review from me is now here enjoy: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/210817-zalman-r1-the-review-its-a-straight-1010/

ZM-R1_b02.jpg

So zalman have released a new case, its arriving in the markets soon, as in tomorrow in the UK and rest of the EU, but im not sure about other countries. 

ZM-R102eng_01.jpg

Standard overview from zalman which is always nice, of course they dont include every feature so that people like me can keep on doing overviews.

ZM-R101kor_05.jpg

Im not starting with the exterior today deal with it. You can see what fans are installed and what stuff you need to buy. The cheaper variant doesnt have the led fan, the fans installed are the generic zalman fans so assume 33.8cfm per fan(at 800rpm).

The ugly bracket in the middle can be removed because its ugly, ill get on to why its there later, it used two Philips head screws.

ZM-R101kor_07.jpg

There is also a triple stage fan controller that doesnt have an intrusive pcb (FRACTAL DESIGN). You can connect only two fans, low means 800rpm, high means 1200rpm and stop means fans turn off which is nice when you want to sleep and the damn leds from your fans are letting out levels of light compared to the sun.

Also the fan filter can be removed via the indent on the top of it, then go lob it in the shower with yourself, what dont judge. On the topic of dust filters there is the one in the front and one under the psu

ZM-R101kor_09.jpg

There are vents on the bottem of the case so your psu will not die a slow and painful death. Take care of your psu and it will in turn take care of you. Also rubber feat so your parents dont backhand you for scratching the floor, what seriously only me again, you guys have it easy.

ZM-R101kor_11.jpg

Its plastic brushed aluminium, you are crazy if you think they would use pure metal on a £25 case, still is it reserved enough for you. On the up side, your finger prints will not infect the front panel. Also sound dampening foam on the front panel because sound is naughty.

ZM-R101kor_17.jpg

Onto the exterior, the usb 3.0 uses a 19 pin and there is an adapter included in case you have a motherboard without the 19 port.

ZM-R101kor_23.jpg

Remove the top panel for water cooling installing and to also make the case ugly. Seriously thats not very attractive, crap I cant put my opinion in this, ignore this comment.

ZM-R101kor_27.jpg

Gpu support is crazy long, it can support up to 360mm, for comparison reasons, the 7990 is 307mm and gigabytes windforce cooler is 292mm, if you want to see how long your is(get a ruler) and check techpowerups database its pretty detailed.

Cpu support is 160mm for comparison the hyper 212 is 158mm, this also means all zalman coolers will fit in this case.

ZM-R101kor_29.jpg

Remember that bracket, you have two uses for it, you can install a 92mm fan on it or you can reduce your gpu, great for triple slot cards or anything asus makes.

ZM-R101kor_31.jpg

So now for the mounting system, you get two brackets put hdd and put them on both sides and something magical happens so they fit in the bay. You can add a screw if you dont live in the edge. 

As for hdds you can fit five in the system, you can put four in the bottem bay and a single one in the top under the 5.25 bays, you can then either add a single ssd above the drive bay or add two but that means you cant use the bay next to the 5.25 slots for a hdd, either hdd or sdd, think wisely, your life could depend on it.

Two 5.25 drives are supported and a single 3.5 is supported but that takes that hdd slot at the top.

ZM-R101kor_32.jpg

Everything thats comes with the case, before you ask im not sure what that long ass screw is for, if you know then tell me and ill add it to this. 

*long ass screw it for fans, im just noobing out.

And for a summary

ZM-R101kor_25.jpg

There is a 0.8cm gap at the back before the embossed side panel which adds 1.2cm for a total of 2cm of space there. Also if your psu is over 200cm then you die *fact.

Dimensions: 192 x 465 x 450mm

Prices:

UK:

Led version: £32

non-led version: £25

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/zalman-r1-black-mid-tower-case-with-window

http://www.alternate.co.uk/Zalman/R1/html/product/1148772?

Euro

LED: 40euro

non-led: 35euro

http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00171168.html

US

LED: $40

non-led: $35

http://www.zalman.com/global/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=925

http://www.pc-specs.com/case/Zalman/Zalman_R1/1386

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

For the money its not bad

Its like a cheap fractal case

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It actually looks pretty sweet

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Looks like a Fractal Design R2 mixed with an enthoo pro and a little of H440.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Wow, this looks really nice, and 3 pre-installed fans for a 35€ case are good as well. Looks like an interesting budget case.

Gypsy fractal, prepare your checkouts retailers the e-chavs are coming.

They even called it RX lol

nice post btw, luvs plenty of images.

I genuinely wonder what the case smells like.

Looks like a Fractal Design R2 mixed with an enthoo pro and a little of H440.

Design team,

Person 1: I like this simple case its called a define r4

Person 2: Yeah but that h440 is sexy

Person 3: What about phanteks?

Person 4: Fuck it lets use them all!!

Person 5: I like the Z11

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hmm.. Now if the build quality is okay then this shall be the first good Zalman product ever. 

I'm impressed with Zalman this time :)

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Hmm.. Now if the build quality is okay then this shall be the first good Zalman product ever. 

zalman doesnt really have too bad build quality, I think its decent, not amazing but its the type of quality that if corsair put their badge on it people wouldnt complain about it(apart from the drive cage being stuck on)

Listen if you care.

zalman doesnt really have too bad build quality, I think its decent, not amazing but its the type of quality that if corsair put their badge on it people wouldnt complain about it(apart from the drive cage being stuck on)

Oh I complain about Corsair's build quality. 

actually looks decent. might think about getting it.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Holy shit. That looks nice for £25

If it comes here i might actually consider it

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

This is exactly what you need if you're getting a new build on a budget.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

wow i might buy this

Gypsy fractal, prepare your checkouts retailers the e-chavs are coming.

They even called it RX lol

nice post btw, luvs plenty of images.

I genuinely wonder what the case smells like.

recycled material, cheap paint, and maybe a hint of child labor

would hang on my rear view/10

though for 25 euro it's pretty nice, most cases are hella gaymin down in that territory.

Error: 410

That looks really good considering the price, I have a Zalman Z11 Plus and that is still a pretty sold case :)

So many cheap cases coming out and I really like it. They are great value for money so people that don't want to spend much on a case which doesn't matter all that much can spend the money on better hardware.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

They could have easily have cheapen it by removing that gpu holder, no dampening foam since it doesnt do much, not include top mounting for watercooling or make just mesh with holes to put rads on and no cover

filtered intake for psu is kinda useless since you get enough filtered fresh air from 2 intake fans, just replace one exhaust fan for intake so its positive pressure and a bit more fresh air. todays psus are very efficient anyway so they dont kick out much heat.

great exterior look tho!

They could have easily have cheapen it by removing that gpu holder, no dampening foam since it doesnt do much, not include top mounting for watercooling or make just mesh with holes to put rads on and no cover

they could also just use 2 fans ( not LED ) fans infront and no exhaust, and also filtered intake for psu is kinda useless since you get enough filtered fresh air from 2 intake fans. todays psus are very efficient anyway so they dont kick out much heat.

great exterior look tho!

At that price there will be a lot of improvements to think about, i think this could beat the n200 as my favourite case, im just shocked that its so cheap.

Listen if you care.

That is such a compelling value I may just need to get one...

I see you have restored the balance and reverted to your original and best avatar, good job. :)

At that price there will be a lot of improvements to think about, i think this could beat the n200 as my favourite case, im just shocked that its so cheap.

We so need review of this case, i want to see what that top is all about and support for AIO+ fans.

Linus should ask Zalman ASAP for unit.

Might have to grab one to throw my old rig in.

Really competitive with the Source 210.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO