What's that "sound switching app" he was using? I often need to switch the audio from my headphones to my TV, and it's pretty annoying going through the playback devices every time and switching the default. I'd love to have keyboard shortcuts for that.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

What's that "sound switching app" he was using? I often need to switch the audio from my headphones to my TV, and it's pretty annoying going through the playback devices every time and switching the default. I'd love to have keyboard shortcuts for that.

I had the same thing done with AutoHotkey and just mapped it with a macro, you can then emulate that macro with the remote.

Here's a link http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/68257-toggle-set-default-audio-device-in-windows-7/page-2

This is the first time I've slow facepalmed to one of your penis jokes. Congratulations.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

what is he running on his media PC? that's the one from the PC desk fan mod vid right? what OS or program...anyone know?

Windows 10 | AMD FX-8350 @4.6GHz | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | 16Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866 | MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4Gb | Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb | Corsair HX750 | NZXT Source 530 case | Logitech G710+ keyboard | Logitech G500s mouse | Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle | Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR

There is no such thing as stupid question.

PC's/laptops kinda yes, kinda no. To elaborate it can tell your pc/laptop to sleep/wake but wont go into a full on/off state. However there are workarounds for that such as an IR power switch which you wire directly into the PSU, thats what I have on mine, its the same as pushing the button on the front of the unit.

The NAS is a bit more complicated, a typical NAS I would say no, however if it was a NAS that has built in media playback and comes with a remote, and that remote lets you turn the NAS on and off then the answer is yes. Even if the Logitech cant find the model of device you have you can face the factory remote toward the harmoney and go through keypresses to 'teach' the harmony the IR commands from the factory remote.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Thanx. I appreciate it.

• 3 months later...

Anyone know where he bought the IR receiver for his PC? Can't find one myself.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB