NCIX: http://bit.ly/1qmnJIz

Amazon: Coming soon

The Logitech Harmony Ultimate is "more than a remote" with Bluetooth control for consoles and control for Philips Hue lighting. But is it an essential part of any living room media setup?

Say my name Nick

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Hi nick

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I would never get a Harmony remote again, too difficult to set up even for someone like me.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

damn shot and edit that fast? you guys are good

I got the Harmony 700 series 

The software may look daunting at first

but once you got the model of your device correct

you get almost all the features that you can use on the Harmony just like the original remote

this remote was a life saver when my original remote for my AV receiver died after the Duracell batteries leak the chemicals and damaged it

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I was first to comment on YouTube. Winning like Charlie Sheen.  Eh .. ok .. maybe not. :S

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Linus i think you should of added u can buy the hub itself for $100 which makes this actually quite compelling for people that are happy using there phone which as soon as i saw this i thought why not just use my phone and then u showed the app so actually think this is decent if u just buy the hub price could be lower like $60 but still its pretty good.

0:24      Tone = Set

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

I think I will keep the Logitech Harmony 900 I purchased years ago for 100 USD ... Doesnt seem like it is any kind of improvement.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Thanks Nick!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

In terms of performance, the high end logitech harmony remotes still do not compare to the performance and functionality of the universal remote apps for the ancient windows mobile pocket PC's. I currently use an old pocket PC as a universal remote, while the setup is not as easy as the logitech remotes, the performance is a lot better. A proper IRDA port can chain together many commands very quickly, and custom macros are good

I use mine to simply turn everything on (all commands are issued in under a second), in addition to a separate macro which turns everything on, waits a few seconds for the startup, then reduces the volume on everything, then increases the volume to a preset listening level. other than that, there are a few simple macros for heading directly to certain channels

The one primary limitation of current universal remotes, is the one way communication. Because it is one way, the remote cannot automatically tell the status of each device, and thus they cannot account for if you manually turn a device on or off.

Ultimately, what is needed is a universal 2 way communication standard between all home theater devices so that universal remotes can actually tell the status of a device, and thus issue better commands, and also save energy by having commands buffered, e.g., the remote powers up for 100 milliseconds and in that time, issues a number of complex commands to each device in the system and those devices will then buffer those tasks and complete them each at their max speed instead of worrying about delays in the universal remote macro.

A girl at my schools dad designed these before they were sold to Logitech. Needless to say he's retired now.

That intro...

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i3 3220 |     Mobo:     Asus  P8H77i |    RAM:    Non-bra nded (yeah i know) 8GB DDR3 |    GPU:    Palit GTX 660 ti |     Case:    Cooler Master Elite 1 20 |   Storage:   Cruc ial M4 64GB SSD/500GB HDD |   PSU:   OCZ CoreXtreme 500W |  Display:  Samsung SA550   |  Cooling:  Cooler Master Vor tex 211Q | Keyboard: CM Storm Q uickfire TK (Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G602/Steelseries QcK Mass

About Ting:

I tried the calculator with my last 3 months of phone invoice, but it seems I am the 1% where Ting wouldn't benefit me. Which is alright, because I live in Germany ^^

So...

Actually a review I can comment on.

I've had a Harmony Ultimate the past 7 months. I agree it has some quirks that can take time to nut out, it i VERY expensive for a remote and what I probably find most annoying about it and that Linus didnt comment on is that the play/pause button is all the way up the top of the remote and reaching for it or holding the remote at the top just feels weird or uncomfortable.

Before the ultimate,I had a Harmony One, similar looking but I always, ALWAYS had my wife complaining because she would set the remote down or turn it or something before it would finish its blasting cycle and therefore woudn't complete an action of which she had no chance of recovering from.

Right now I have the following devices

A samsung 58 non-smart TV

Pioneer receiver

PS3

Wii U

HTPC

I have invested a little time into my config, I love that it communicates via RF so you push the button and do whatever you want with the remote, all commands received! Where I got a bit tricky is I set my HTPC up to emulate a PS3 remote using PS3BluMote and then added it to the Harmony as a 2nd PS3. It paired no problems and once I had mapped my keys there were no issues. I did this because my HP IR receiver sh*t itself, previously the HTPC was set up to use IR as a Microsoft -> XBMC device which does an excellent job of mapping keys to the remote.

The thing is, if anyone else tried to drive my system, or if you think if anyone else comes over and tries to drive yours if you have a TV, receiver and then devices they will probably struggle anyway. The best theoretical resolution is a universal remote and the best universal remote that i've ever seen or used is the Logitech Ultimate.

There are still some features coming which I am looking forward to such as supporting WOL but until that happens I have a IR device wired directly to my PSU for a IR On/Off instead of just waking from sleep :)

Im glad this device didnt get ripped on, I really like mine 

I think Linus accidentally signed up for eHarmony while he was trying to set up the remote...

Who's hand is at 3:00? Is it his wife?

OH NO!

LINUS HAS A PS4!

OH... THE PCMASTERRACE HORROR!

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

OH NO!

LINUS HAS A PS4!

OH... THE PCMASTERRACE HORROR!

I think in the video he said he borrowed it, and in the start menu it had luke's account 

Can this turn on/off PCs (laptops) and NAS systems? Yes I know it's a stupid question.  Just want to know. 

Can this turn on/off PCs (laptops) and NAS systems? Yes I know it's a stupid question.  Just want to know. 

There is no such thing as stupid question.

PC's/laptops kinda yes, kinda no. To elaborate it can tell your pc/laptop to sleep/wake but wont go into a full on/off state. However there are workarounds for that such as an IR power switch which you wire directly into the PSU, thats what I have on mine, its the same as pushing the button on the front of the unit.

The NAS is a bit more complicated, a typical NAS I would say no, however if it was a NAS that has built in media playback and comes with a remote, and that remote lets you turn the NAS on and off then the answer is yes. Even if the Logitech cant find the model of device you have you can face the factory remote toward the harmoney and go through keypresses to 'teach' the harmony the IR commands from the factory remote.

Hopefully that answers your questions.