Rockstar Support is bloody useless.

I was forced to use Rockstar support when my gamertag was unable to access GTA online.

Before contacting support I tired a different disc and reinstalled the addons/patches, and the game itself.

The issue was that on my account only, during the first loading screen to online (not single player, single player works fine) it would freeze on the 3rd or 4th online related tile.

This has been happening since the huge game breaking bug, where everyone was running around with billion dollar bounties on there head.

I did accidentally run over someone with the bounty, which is when I first discovered this bug.

I then went onto buying the large dump truck and the Bugatti looking car, and had some great times with those vehicles.

This is when the xbox would freeze in the loading screen, but just simply pulling out the disc and whipping it down appeared to solve the problem.

About a month after the repair of the bug the xbox froze everytime I tried accessing gta online, single player was still fine. My gold soon expired and I didn't bother to try and solve it.

On July 18th a couple of bahds of mine got GTA 5, so I found some trial cards and tried to fire up GTA online, it still froze. Later that day I sent my first of three support requests to Rockstar support.

They responded the next day with restart your xbox, try different discs, restart your modem and router. I responded with I tried that already and I also tried another gamertag and it worked a gamertag other than mine.

Rockstar support comes back with a link to a forum post and said "this is a known issue and heres the fix" and the support ticket was marked "Solved". 

So the first step in the forum post ~"unlink your rockstar social club from your gamertag and wait for a couple minutes for the changes to take effect". So I unlinked my account, went out for a hour came back fired up single player and sure enough my Rockstar social club account was unlinked, started online and it froze again, in the exact same spot.

I responded to the ticket saying that "I still have an issue, your solution didn't fix my problem, it wasn't useful information."

They didn't respond for three days, so I tweeted there twitter account, saying "hey its been three days since I last got a response, is this normal?"

Their twitter account responded with "We appoligize for the inconvience and just reply with your ticket number and we will look right into it."

About 20 minutes after I replied to that tweet I get a response asking for a screenshot of the ipconfig in cmd, ping test, and what is my ip.

I sent them that, and they replied with "We are so sorry for the inconvience this has caused and thank you for your patience we are escalating your support ticket to the next level".

An entire week goes by and theres no response. I send a message saying I still need help, how long is the wait for level 2 service. They replied with the exact same bloodly link that they first sent me. The one about restarting your modem and what the crap not. I respond with "what happend to level 2 support?", there was no reply for a week.

So I started a second ticket, I mentioned the previous ticket in the discription of this ticket and immediately I got upgraded to second level and marked as "solved.", 2 weeks go by and theirs no response.

SOOOO Third ticket now, this is where I have screen shots because the others got marked as solved and they disappear from my support account. 

I have also been sending tons of screenshots to Rockstar support demoing the issue and showing that other gamertags can access gta online.

Heres my twitter history:

R69RF89.png

NkdwXZG.png

Heres a copy and paste of the chat log 

page 1:

WierdSausage August 01, 2014 22:19
If the first GTA Online load screen freezes completely (no sound, no animation, and no ability to access Xbox Home or the PS3 XMB):
^ that first line is off of some article on the support page. This is my exact problem.

v your solution.
one possibility is that you have created a GTA Online mission using the Creator, and the description has unsupported characters such as "%". We are investigating this issue now. If you know that you have a mission with a "%" sign in the description, and you would like us to delete it for you, Submit a Request from the email associated with your Social Club account be sure to provide:

This is on the xbox 360.
My gamertag is FLOPPYKANTFISH (Btw I am currently using 48hr gold cards because I have only been playing on weekends and I have a tower of these cards laying around. The reason i bring this up is because my account shows up as silver but it can still use online multiplayer because of these cards.)
My rockstar Social Club nickname is : WeirdSausage.
My created map 'World Rally Car' needs to be deleted because it contains '%' (twice) in the description.
So delete 'World Rally Car' please. Within the next week would be nice

Julian F August 03, 2014 13:38
Hello WeirdSausage,

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with one of our titles. Below you will find some Console Troubleshooting steps which may help resolve the issue. These are the official troubleshooting steps provided by Microsoft on their support site:

Before troubleshooting, please check the following:
1. Turn the console off and on.
2. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
3. Update your console software (this article from Microsoft details how to check if your console software is up to date http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system-updates/system-updates-info)

Clearing the System Cache:
1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
2. Select Storage or Memory.
3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
4. Select Clear System Cache.
5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Clearing the Game Data:
(Prior to clearing the game data, ensure that you back up any Save Data so it doesn't become deleted)
1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
2. Select Storage or Memory.
3. Highlight any storage device, and then press A on your controller.
4. Select Games and Apps.
5. Scroll through the list until you find the game you want to clear the data, once you find it press A on your controller.
6. Delete any game related files which are not "save" files, if these files are deleted they cannot be recovered.
7. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the Xbox Dashboard Home.
8. Reboot the game.

If this is still happening let's try this on a second 360 to see if the same issue is occurring.

Best Regards,
Julian F.
Rockstar Support

WierdSausage August 06, 2014 12:36
I've done all of the following it freezes at the exact same spot on three different consoles that work

WierdSausage August 06, 2014 13:39
I also tried unlinking social club and coming back an hour later and it still froze. I tried connecting the xbox directly to the cable modem. Still froze. On the same network there's a second xbox that has no problem with connecting to gta online on a DIFFERENT xbl account

Ashley J August 07, 2014 11:32
Hello WeirdSausage,

Thank you for the reply.

We are sorry to hear you are still experiencing difficulties with GTA Online. There may be an issue with your 360 Profile. Let's try deleting and re-downloading your 360 account in attempt to resolve this issue. To do this...

Go to your Dashboard.
Go to System Settings.
Go to Storage.
Choose your HDD .
Go to Gamer Profiles.
Find your profile, press X, and choose to delete the profile. 7. *Important Choose delete only profile, not delete profile and all files.
Bring up your guide menu with the Xbox button.
Choose sign-in.
Choose download profile.
Use the e-mail address and password associated with your 360 account.
You should now have deleted and re-added your 360 profile without harming any of the files saved to the profile.

Please keep us updated once you try the above steps, so that we can investigate further if the issue is not fixed.

Best regards,

Ashley J.
Rockstar Support

WierdSausage August 07, 2014 12:29
cam00747.jpg - downloading gamer tag on console #1
cam00749.jpg - going straight to online (hasn't frozen yet) still console #1
cam00750.jpg= console #1 frozen on the 4 or 5 tile. (console #1)
Console #1 has working single player. I also downloaded my profile on console #2.Console number 2 has been successful at going on line with another xbl account.
cam00751.jpg- console #2 has single player workng (also works on console #1)
cam00752.jpg - displaying that my account is signout of rockstar social club.
cam00753.jpg - console #2 freezing on character selection. console #1 also will freeze here. Theres about 3-4 seconds of running as the character models load, if i hit 'a' right away the game will still freeze on the next loading screen, that's if the game doesn't freeze right away on the characetr selection page.
cam00754- displaying that pushing on right on the left thumbstick does nothing.

Once again, the same thing is happenning to both consoles (different harddrives, different GTA 5 disks). It appears that my account has some sort of bug that's preventing me to play.

CAM00747.jpg (800 KB)
CAM00749.jpg (1 MB)
CAM00754.jpg (1000 KB)
CAM00750.jpg (1 MB)
CAM00753.jpg (1 MB)
CAM00752.jpg (1 MB)
CAM00751.jpg (1 MB)
WierdSausage August 07, 2014 16:03
I also tried having a friend invite me to a race. It froze once it got to the loading screen

Brent.Y August 07, 2014 16:26
Hello Wierdsausage,

Try this and see if this works. This has been known to fix the issue locally.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202793063-Being-Stuck-on-Load-Screen-When-Entering-GTA-Online

Best Regards,
Brent Y
Rockstar support

WierdSausage August 07, 2014 16:29
I've literally tried all of those several times. I think my profile is corrupt.

Brianna A August 07, 2014 16:46
Hello WierdSausage,

if you believe your gaming profile is corrupt, we recommend reaching out to Microsoft in regards.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

If you need our assistance in the future with any of our titles, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brianna A
Rockstar Support

WierdSausage August 07, 2014 16:58
No no no. Not xbl. It works fine except for your game. I believe my gta online character is corrupt

Brianna A August 07, 2014 17:55
Hello WierdSausage,

Have you tried un-linking from Social Club?

If your issue persists, please let us know.

Best Regards,
Brianna A
Rockstar Support

WierdSausage August 07, 2014 18:08
Yes it's been unlinked for a couple days now. Problem is still presistant

Brianna A August 07, 2014 19:24
Hello WierdSausage,

We recommend speaking with Microsoft in regards to this issue. If you are using gold cards and still considered Silver, we're not sure if this may have impaired your account, resulting in the freezing you're experiencing.

If after speaking to a Microsoft representative in regards to your account and profile, and you are still not able to play freely without freezing, please let us know and we will continue to investigate.

Best Regards,
Brianna A
Rockstar Support

WierdSausage August 07, 2014 19:27
It was still freezing when I had gold. I'll reply once I've contacted ms support

Brianna A August 07, 2014 19:37
Hello WierdSausage,

We appreciate your cooperation.

We hope you are returned to normal game play as soon as possible.

We'll be glad to continue support if you need additional assistance.

Best Regards,
Brianna A
Rockstar Support

WierdSausage August 07, 2014 21:44
A representative from Xbox Live, says that my account has no issues that would cause a problem and that using gold trial cards will not cause an issue with freezing.

We (as in the representative and I) refreshed my console, and gamertag. The issue still remains exactly as described before. The representative is saying that he has to assume that it is an issue with the GTA cloud on the Rockstar servers and theres nothing he can do about it.
One last quote: "The suspended xbox live Gold subscription cannot cause a game to freeze because it is just a subscription." This justifies that the subscription trial cards should work perfectly fine.

So lets recap whats happened in the past 3 weeks.
Console- not the problem
disk- not the problem
router- not the problem
internet connection- not the problem
Xbox live account - not the problem
rockstar social club - not the problem
harddrive- not the problem
downloading and installing - not the problem.

So can this be taken more seriously than it is right now, you've sent me the same 2 links over three times each on 3 tickets that you eventually mark as "solved" and just ignore. I have a unique problem here and I can't fix it on my side, its all you.

WierdSausage August 08, 2014 18:20
Hey, still having an issue, this support hasn't been useful, not to mention how long it has taken so far.

Brianna A August 08, 2014 19:08
Hello WierdSausage,

We're sorry our previous solutions did not solve your issue. We'd like information about your network to rule out as a potential cause of your freezing.

We'd like to look into this; however we'll first need some screencaps from a PC connected direct to your Broadband Internet modem.

Please power cycle router prior to tests and screenshots.

We'll need screencaps from:

www.speedtest.net
www.whatsmyip.org
www.pingtest.net
ipconfig (Windows + R > type "cmd" without quotes > hit okay > type "ipconfig" without quotes > press ENTER )
To take a screenshot (in Win Vista/7/8)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screen-shots

In XP (and earlier)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-xp/help/setup/take-a-screen-shot

Best Regards,
Brianna A
Rockstar Support

WierdSausage August 08, 2014 19:29
I am unsatisfied with the lack of support i am getting. My network has already been ruled out as a potential issue. Please take a look at my save on the GTA cloud on the Rockstar servers there has to be an issue.
Anyways i attached the results in one screen shot. I used a laptop that is connected to a router (Asus rt56u) on the second floor of my house, the router is connected via a gigabyte powerline system to a Netgear 8 - port switch that also has gigabyte speeds on the bottom floor. The second router is a dlink dir-655 on the main level of the house. All network devices are setup properly and there has never been an issue with them.

theresults.png (600 KB)
Brianna A August 08, 2014 19:56
Hello WierdSausage,

Are you able to resend the screenshots from www.whatsmyip.org and your ipconfig with each page completely visible? Some information is missing for our review.

Best Regards,
Brianna A
Rockstar Support

WierdSausage August 08, 2014 19:58
here you go

fui54frjsvsdfvsd.png (200 KB)
Brianna A August 08, 2014 20:08
Hello WierdSausage,

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Your case has been escalated to the proper department for review. Please note, cases are addressed in the order they are received. We appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
Brianna A
Rockstar Support

WierdSausage August 08, 2014 20:08
ok thanks

WierdSausage August 12, 2014 12:16
Hello? still need help...

Liam Q. August 13, 2014 19:03
Hello,

Thank you for contacting R* Technical Support.

We've received reports of players getting stuck on the load screen when entering GTA Online and have found several troubleshooting steps which may help resolve this issue. For more information on this matter please refer to the instructions of the following article on our Support site:
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202793063

If this does not resolve your issue or if you require any further assistance please let us know.

Best Regards,
Liam Q.
R* Technical Support

WierdSausage August 13, 2014 20:16
That link didn't help

WierdSausage August 13, 2014 20:16
I thought i was being moved up a tier, why does it still say support tier one?

WierdSausage August 14, 2014 13:17
I tried making a new rockstar social club account "WeirdToppins" and it still froze at the same spot, both consoles, both discs. Reminder: the both consoles work online with another account, but not mine.

WierdSausage August 15, 2014 14:57
I still have an issue, how long does it take to get to the second tier, one month or two?

page 2 Is simply me sending a reminder: "SOOOOO still need help" from one week ago.

If you read the chat log, you can see that they asked me to contact MS support, long story short, my gamertag is fine. Thats basically where its been left off. As seen in the twitter screen shots I send them another message basically saying its been a month and I am still at square one of your support.

So Ill keep this updated with my progress, in the mean time ill be spreading this around until it gets fixed.

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

Your name is hairy ass flaps rofl

Yeah my gamertag is supposed to be pronounced FluppyKuntFish

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

I got a reply from Rockstar after a week of no activity, they have finally deleted a map that may be causing an issue cause the description contained a "%". 

Would like to try to see if this has worked but i have ran out of Xbox live gold trial cards.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.