[EARLY ACCESS] Razer Cortex: Your one-stop shop for all the best video game deals.

Source 1: http://www.razerzone.com/cortex/earlyaccess

Source 2: https://www.facebook.com/minliangtan/posts/745883512136100 <Secondary for the obvious reasons.

I didn't find any similar article using the available search functions (including Google).

GET EARLY ACCESS TO RAZER CORTEX

Razer Cortex: Deals scours the internet tirelessly to let you know of price drops, sweet deals and exciting promotions on your favorite games, so you’ll never miss out on another bargain. You can now grow your game library without ever overpaying a single cent.

(Source 1)

Razer Cortex was made "to track in realtime all the sales and biggest discounts for games on all the various digital clients (Steam, Origin, GoG, etc) all the time." (Source 2)

15033914742_94e6127e19_o.png

According to Source 2 (again, take that one with a grain of salt just in case since it's FB), it will be out in 2 weeks-ish.

Note: Razer Cortex:Deals is in Beta and is currently comparing prices exclusively in the US region. Additional regions will be included after launch. (Source 1)

I think this is pretty awesome overall. It's something gamers have needed for a while imo. I'm surprised no one else came up with it first. Or that there aren't any other Open Source/Crowd-sourced projects out there that do this. If there are, I've never heard of them. Then again, I've never tried looking.

Kinda wish it wasn't Razor, but at the same time, I like the way Razor makes software. I liked Comms (so sue me). I hope I like this just as much.

Shameless: @LinusTech @Slick

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Interesting hopefully they'll sell the keys like G2A does and not just post links to Steam, Origin etc. Not much use otherwise.

Interesting hopefully they'll sell the keys like G2A does and not just post links to Steam, Origin etc. Not much use otherwise.

I disagree. There are quite a few sites that sell video game product keys. Rather than surfing all of them, I'd rather go to one centralized location that watches all of them constantly. That way, I know I am getting the best, legitimate, deals.

I see value in that, even if they just redirect to another company's website.

My question is: How are said sites going to react? Are undercutting matches going to happen? (Doubtful) Or will it be business as usual, and whoever gets the lowest deal wins?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Whether or not it does that, I'm looking for a site that doesn't look like arse and is easy to navigate. Having all the sales at one place with those requirements covered is a fairly attractive idea.

YES! I didn't even think about that. I'm just so used to not using Steam unless I know what I want specifically that I forgot how bad the UI is. I mean, come on. It's Valve. They can come up with something better.

I hope they include the Humble Bundle Store in it as well. 

† Christian Member †

Okay this is actually kind of the best thing ever. It's like Pcpart picker. but for games xD

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Huh, so it's basically reddit.com/r/gamedeals.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

And on this day the Lord GabeN sainted Min-Liang Tan and made him the patron saint of Singapore and the Three Headed Snake. And with his new found power Min shall bring the snake to new glory and new majesty. All hale Saint Min, All hale Lord GabeN.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

There are plenty of "you can find game x HERE for the lowest of low prices OMGWTFBBQ" sites out there. I personally occasionally look at CheapShark (link)

But still, nice to see a big company taking it on. Too bad it's Razer though, I personally would have loved to see steam do this (although it would be hurting them selves which I realise). 

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

So, this is essentially a search engine for video games that cross-check prices against a wide variety of online retailers and distributors. Neat. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

You it redirects you to the page on Steam or w/e to purchase. Can't purchase via this? Having access to US prices with risk of account locking due to VPN from Australia would be great. But unlikely to happen.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Huh, so it's basically reddit.com/r/gamedeals.

There are some of us that do not use reddit :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hmmmm... G2A always has the cheapest new and upcoming AAA releases, don't know about older games, but you can get a russian key for the new call of duty for only 20€, and the game can still be installed in english, not region locked.

Not trying to promote them but i've gotten some pretty impressive day one AAA deals, got Watch Dogs 1 month ahead of release for 24€.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Hmmmm... G2A always has the cheapest new and upcoming AAA releases, don't know about older games, but you can get a russian key for the new call of duty for only 20€, and the game can still be installed in english, not region locked.

Not trying to promote them but i've gotten some pretty impressive day one AAA deals, got Watch Dogs 1 month ahead of release for 24€.

Yeah, I used it(Cortex). Pretty shit, unless it comes with some extra benefits after beta. Just links you to the Steam/Origin/Whatever store page.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Yeah, I used it(Cortex). Pretty shit, unless it comes with some extra benefits after beta. Just links you to the Steam/Origin/Whatever store page.

Well, I don't personally trust G2A as I haven't used it much.

That's exactly what the point of this program is. To link you to the cheapest deals from a slew of sites. 

† Christian Member †

Hopefully it works. Unlike razer synapse 2.0.

Synapse works just fine dude.....

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Hooray for bloatware made by Razer which only does what a lot of other sites to for free and without download...

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

"Fine"

Myself, my girlfriend, my two brothers, exactly 5 of my other friends all have razor hardware and use synapse 2.0, I also happen to be the guy who built all of those machines and maintains them...never once had issues with synapse. Have however had logitech software shit out on my twice now. #mustmeanitstheworstsoftwareever.jpg

Hi! my names the internet and I decide stuff is broken because science!

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Myself, my girlfriend, my two brothers, exactly 5 of my other friends all have razor hardware and use synapse 2.0, I also happen to be the guy who built all of those machines and maintains them...never once had issues with synapse. Have however had logitech software shit out on my twice now. #mustmeanitstheworstsoftwareever.jpg

Hi! my names the internet and I decide stuff is broken because science!

Logitech has broken on me once. Quite funny. It mapped all mouse movements to F.

GG

Synapse though fails at least once a week and requires restart. Though it has been much less since razer support gave me new firmware. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

This might be the one time I like Razer.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)