Shmexy 450D suggestions?

So I am looking into a new build using a corsair 450D, my general idea is to cool the CPU first off and add a GPU after the new releases.

I was just wonder if anyone had any input into rad sizes (was thinking a 360 and a 240 with low rpm fans) and brands to go with! 

If you want better water-cooling options get a 750D or 760T. The 450D has good water cooling options but It doesn't have a lot of room for custom loops.

So I am looking into a new build using a corsair 450D, my general idea is to cool the CPU first off and add a GPU after the new releases.

I was just wonder if anyone had any input into rad sizes (was thinking a 360 and a 240 with low rpm fans) and brands to go with! 

You can have a thin 360 in the top and a thin to med-thick 240 or 280 in the front. 360 + 240/280 will be fine for cooling a CPU and GPU with fans at low RPM. 

I recommend you go with Alphacool rads. 360 ST30 in the top and a 280 XT45 in the front.

Link to a very sweet WC build in the 450D: http://www.chiploco.com/corsair-obsidian-450d-chassis-33008/

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I recommend you go with Alphacool rads. 360 ST30 in the top and a 280 XT45 in the front.

Link to a very sweet WC build in the 450D: http://www.chiploco.com/corsair-obsidian-450d-chassis-33008/

Thanks yeah that was the general idea, 30 or 40 in the top and maybe a 60 in the front. 

Thats a pretty cool rig, but a bit cluttered for my personal taste  :)

Thats a pretty cool rig, but a bit cluttered for my personal taste  :)

Yup, probably would've looked cleaner if he had installed the top rad with the in/oulets facing the rear. Although this would've blocked the rear exhaust from being used. The limitations of using smaller cases for water cooling.

I just see it as an opportunity to do a wee bit of modding using some panels and carbon vinyl wrap!  

What are your thoughts on the EK-CoolStream PE line of rads? 

What are your thoughts on the EK-CoolStream PE line of rads? 

They're good relatively inexpensive high fpi rads. With low fpi rads performing just as good as high fpi rads up to 1400 RPM nowadays, there isn't really any reason to get them. You can probably still have low rpm and get good performance out of the PE's with fans that have good static pressure. The PE's are pretty thin. 

Yeah I think I am going to go with Corsair sp120 fans, so it should be ok. Am going to tool into some others as well though! 

and yeah the top at least has to be a thinner rad as there isn't a huge amount of space above the motherboard and I am running a Gigabyte z77x-ud5h so there is a heat sink near the top of the board. 

Yeah I think I am going to go with Corsair sp120 fans, so it should be ok. Am going to tool into some others as well though! 

and yeah the top at least has to be a thinner rad as there isn't a huge amount of space above the motherboard and I am running a Gigabyte z77x-ud5h so there is a heat sink near the top of the board. 

Aight, up to you. Some other high fpi rads you can give a look are the: Swiftech MCR320-XP, XSPC EX360, Harware Labs Black Ice GTS360. They all perform about the same but maybe you like the look of one more than the other. Plus I think PE's are 38mm while the others are 30mm. 

Aight, up to you. Some other high fpi rads you can give a look are the: Swiftech MCR320-XP, XSPC EX360, Harware Labs Black Ice GTS360. They all perform about the same but maybe you like the look of one more than the other. Plus I think PE's are 38mm while the others are 30mm. 

Cheers man, yeah I head heard fairly good things about the black ice. 

Now to decided weather to go with flexi or hard acrylic tubing!

Also what low fpi rad would you recommend? 

Also what low fpi rad would you recommend? 

Alphacool ST30 and XT45 for thin rads.

Thick rads: UT60, EK XTX, Black Ice SR-1

Cheers man, yeah I head heard fairly good things about the black ice. 

Now to decided weather to go with flexi or hard acrylic tubing!

If its your first water build, I'd go the flexi tubing. Just for the first time round. While the acrylic looks cool, its very time consuming to do. When you mess up that last bend on a multi bend piece, it can get very taxing.

If you do the Flexi tubing first, you can always up grade bit later once your happy with it.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

If its your first water build, I'd go the flexi tubing. Just for the first time round. While the acrylic looks cool, its very time consuming to do. When you mess up that last bend on a multi bend piece, it can get very taxing.

If you do the Flexi tubing first, you can always up grade bit later once your happy with it.

Haha yeah cheers, I am not new to the grueling modding after days spent custom leaving my PSU with para-cord, but will definitely keep that in mind especially as I will probably be adding a GPU at a later date!    

Looks good. :)

Personally, I'd have gone EK, Swiftech or XSPC on the water block. Primochill Advanced LRT for the tubing. Just for aesthetics really, nothing wrong with what you have performance wise.

Cheers man  :)  will look into your suggestions. Also by using Jaystwocents discount code you get 5% off which is always nice! 

Just a question I am planning a similar project but when the front rad is installed don't you lose all you hdd cages where you would you put a hard drive.

Yeah it looks that way, but I am going ssd anyway so not too bothered about it!