Best 1440p monitor under 600$ for gaming?

romaing633
Go to solution Solved by cYRoN,

The ASUS PB278QR (the new refresh) with an AH-IPS Panel could be something.
No Tests or Reviews atm since its brandnew.
But Im actually looking forward to it, the older PB278Q wasn't really suitable for gaming with an average latency of 22,5ms (prad.de).

And its PWM-controlled backlight was a dealbreaker anyway.

Let's see if LGs IPS Panel fixes the latency - the backlight on the 'Refresh' is already DC-controlled, so far so good.
And in comparison to the other IPS-Screen models manufactured by ASUS (not the PAs) its almost safe to say that the latency will prolly be at least cut in half.

IMO that's not very specific. Atleast include whether you want a TN or IPS. Personally I want a IPS because I play on a TV ATM and that has like 10 ms response time. A good IPS has 5.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

IMO that's not very specific. Atleast include whether you want a TN or IPS. Personally I want a IPS because I play on a TV ATM and that has like 10 ms response time. A good IPS has 5.

Yes, I apologize, I would prefer IPS.

Have you seen the new RoG Swift Linus reviewed? That looks Awesome!!

Yeah, but the price is way to night.

To night? What are you kids saying these days? /facedesk. It's 500 bucks so Idk what the prob is

I've never seen it for $500 in any "dollar" (CAD, USD or AUD). Also bear in mind he is in Canada.

The PB278Q is regarded as a good 1440p IPS monitor (there are two versions - 4K and 1440p - obviously the 1440p is cheaper).

To night? What are you kids saying these days? /facedesk. It's 500 bucks so Idk what the prob is

Woops, sorry about the spelling. Anyways, last time I checked the swift was 750$ CAD.

Overlord temptest x270oc

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

The benq bl2710pt retails for 499 and it doesn't use pwm dimming. Plus, it has better black levels than the asus pb278q.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

The Swift is 800 dollars..

It's 899.99 in Canada. Once again, Canadians get the shaft...

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

The ASUS PB278QR (the new refresh) with an AH-IPS Panel could be something.
No Tests or Reviews atm since its brandnew.
But Im actually looking forward to it, the older PB278Q wasn't really suitable for gaming with an average latency of 22,5ms (prad.de).

And its PWM-controlled backlight was a dealbreaker anyway.

Let's see if LGs IPS Panel fixes the latency - the backlight on the 'Refresh' is already DC-controlled, so far so good.
And in comparison to the other IPS-Screen models manufactured by ASUS (not the PAs) its almost safe to say that the latency will prolly be at least cut in half.

• 3 months later...

The benq bl2710pt retails for 499 and it doesn't use pwm dimming. Plus, it has better black levels than the asus pb278q.

I was thinking of getting this one, But since it's more professional and not for gaming, I had my doubts

I don't follow. What do you mean?

He means you brought back a super old thread.