"Best" graphics card choice?

(copied + pasted from Tom's Hardware, I'm expanding my reach to get as many opinions as possible.)

Long story short, I've recently disposed of a faulty Gigabyte WINDFORCE OC edition. I now need a card that will not fail like the last, one that will run Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Global Offensive, all of the high-end stuff.

My system specs are:

i7 4770k

Dark Rock 3 CPU cooler

16gb Corsair Vengenace RAM

z87 G65 Gaming Motherboard

250gb SSD

1TB HDD

AX860 Corsair PSU

GPU: To be decided!

Phantom 410 case.

The faulty Windforce I used to own never passed 60 degrees, cooling doesn't seem to be an issue as my room is well ventilated, in other words, petty damn cold all the time. Maybe it was a good temp because it's a Windforce, but as long as temps don't go to damaging levels on either of these possible choices, I don't mind.

My choice is between EVGA, or MSI. What one should I go with, and why?

I do have an MSI motherboard (z87 G65 Gaming mobo) and I wonder if getting an MSI card to match will spell better security in terms of stability?

Thanks for any help provided.

Sapphire R9 290 (maybe x) Tri-x

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I think MSI offers some OC options when you pair a MSI GPU with a MSI Mobo. Other than that, both EVGA and MSI TF4 are very good coolers, so just go with the cheaper one.

who cares...

If possible, EVGA GTX 780TI Kingpin or Dual Classy if possible. But depending on which card you get, EVGA will usually serve you better

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Uhh we need a budget on how much your willing to spend on a graphics card to chose which graphics card is best for your money.

As far as your budget will take you.

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-TITAN-Z-680x448.jpg

Sell the kids, useless organs, car, etc.

Are you doing anything heavily threaded other wise drop the i7.

My bad whats your budget?

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-TITAN-Z-680x448.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

snip

IMAO i'm dieing xD

You know what the best thing is. We never get to help because the OP doesn't check the thread to reply to us.

780ti or r9 290

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

You know what the best thing is. We never get to help because the OP doesn't check the thread to reply to us.

Just for fun...

Hey, @JayzTwoCents always suggest a TitanZ. It's his favorite card. he has TWO of them. :)

Just for fun...

Hey, @JayzTwoCents always suggest a TitanZ. It's his favorite card. he has TWO of them. :)

Actually the reason we rarely see in his closet is because it's filled with Titan Z boxes.

The more expencive card is almost always the better.

A gtx 780ti is good.

A r9 290 is good and you wont gain much from getting a 290x exept if you simply want the bling.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Sorry guys, my budget is £600, and I'm looking for a 780ti Varient. EVGA or MSI 780ti?

Are you doing anything heavily threaded other wise drop the i7.

My bad whats your budget?

£600.

Looking for 780ti, MSi or EVGA, I wonder what the best company is? Will MSI Mobo + GPU work out better?

I have a Sapphire Graphics card that came with a nice sci-fi game.

It runs flawlessly after nearly 9 years of heavy use and it beats any competitor I have seen.

Using the same motherboard and GPU OEM will not make any difference at all. Also, it's probable that the card that failed on you was a one-off. Gigabyte isn't particularly unreliable. Personally I'd go for an ASUS card if I had the option, or EVGA if I was planning on water-cooling down the line. But it doesn't really matter all that much unless you have something specific you're looking for, like really low noise, or the absolute best overclock. Nobody here is going to know what's cheaper where you live unless you tell them.