Is CSGO ruining me as a gamer? Should I dedicate to it?

ManOfDisguise

Pls read the whole post if you can :P 

1st question - Should I dedicate to it?

I always liked CS, didnt play it for super long but played since 1.6, never liked Source that much, than i got on CSGO. But now that im back to CS and enjoying it more than before i keep playing it...and only it. Only have CSGO installed atm and all my other games uninstalled. I lost interest for singleplayer games as im too impatient w them and playing vs AI is not my thing. I have always been a well rounded versatile gamer who plays multiple games. I feel like if i play CSGO too much i will miss out on other good games(however i dont really have money to spend on games atm so only f2p for now or the games I have) 

2nd question - CSGO and school, etc.

Since I'm going back to school in like a week I will have much less time to play CSGO as i will need to study and stuff. As you all who play CS may very well know, if you take a break from it you will play like shit, meaning i will be inconsistent and if i wana play at a competitive level i would need more time for CS. 

Plan B

Plan B would be to play games that are not so competitive but more casual which i would not mind at all in fact i might like them more, less presure etc. I could quit out of game at any point, not have to play too often to keep in shape etc. etc. 

TLDR: I got back to CS, im hooked, but i feel like im missing out on other games and i think i need to play something more casual since school is gona limit me in CS

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

The same thing that happened to my friends with LoL is happening to you.... *cringe*

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Play what makes you happy

there is not much else to say

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Focus on school, gaming should not be your first priority.

Also, don't play ranked matches until the weekends. Stick to casual servers during the "working week".

Also, i took a 3 month break from CSS, went back to it last week and after the 4th round i already had someone calling me a hacker, with a score of 41 - 1. Taking breaks isn't that bad tbh.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

1) You're definitely missing out on other gaming.

2) Don't dedicate time away from school for it. Just my 2 cents.

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

Play what makes you happy, we aren't going to dictate what you will play. If a game stops entertaining you, either because of you suck or it just gets repetitive, you should take up something diffirent. Just please don't prefer gaming before school and other real life activities, being a pro gamer is a dream of many, but ends up a nightmare for most. 

If CSGO stops entertaining you after you start school, I can recommend Battlefield, it's a lot more casual and doesn't require such dedication. If you do, you can hit me up as well, we are from the same country anyways.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

The more I think about this post, the more I agree with a couple others, do what makes you happy. While yes, you are missing out on a ton of other gaming out there, I can remember playing certain games a ridiculous amount. If it's working for you, don't worry about it *shrug* just don't let it affect your personal life.

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

The more I think about this post, the more I agree with a couple others, do what makes you happy. While yes, you are missing out on a ton of other gaming out there, I can remember playing certain games a ridiculous amount. If it's working for you, don't worry about it *shrug* just don't let it affect your personal life.

i like CS mainly when i play with other people however i dropped the whole group thing i dont like to be in clans anymore. but i think i should stop playing competitively i dont wana play under pressure of being deranked all the time ya know

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I'm going back to school as well and I plan on only doing competitive when i have time since I find those matches to be the most fun. I love CS:GO and it's my main game right now, but Smite free gem Sunday is tomorrow so I got to do what i got to do. Just do what you have time for. School is important, don't forget that.

Don't ever let games affect your studies. If you have the what it takes to compete against the big guys, then go ahead. I have the same problem as you, my first game is Counter Strike Global Offensive and it is affecting me some how. I'm very picky on shooters. In fact, I don't even feel like buying any Battlefield or CoD games even I have never played them before. There are other good FPS I have to say, Payday 2, L4D series, Insurgency and killing floor series which emphasize on team works. They are unlike BF or CoD at all and it will appeal to you when you play it.