GTX 770 vs r9 280X

Go to solution Solved by EMENCII,

I think u should go with the 770... (asus or gigabyte, best gigabyte but asus should be cheaper)

Apart from the 290 (ok, is one of the best, we know...) the 770 outperforms the 280x by a little (http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu), but you really have to choose from the software included... AMD is far behind nVidia, not for drivers optimization, but Geforce Experience is really unique... (i know amd has sth similar...)

Also the gtx runs a bit cooler, and i've always had Nvidia cards and they're really good, never let me alone with cpu's graphics... (my old gt340m overclocked double its clock...)

thanks that's realy helpful

That's $1 under my absolute maximum budget, plus that's not including the shipping fee...

it's a few bucks, you can save up more, but if you can't really spend a bit more then get the gtx 770

IMO, you can't really just look a 3D Mark results. It is synthetic benchmarks after all.

You need to consider real in-game results.

i.e.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1041?vs=1037

U are right, depends much from the card itself, how well ocs, how cool can stay, depends if u are familiar with the brand and familiar with the software... Today nVidia and AMD produce pratically the same model, as performance results, so is just like what do u prefere for ur money...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

U can say "this beats that", yeah, for 0.8 fps, and actually 0.8 makes one beat another, but for me doesnt really matter... (for example, u can say that the r9 290 beats the 780, but my 780 actually scores exactly the same as a 780ti, when i oc it...)

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS