Switch iOS to android. What do I need to know?

Hi

I'll soon be switching to android for at least 2 months for my daily driver phone (Cyanogenmod) after using only iOS as a smartphone OS. ever (I'm 17). I'd view myself as a techie so I can work some stuff out.

If you've already done this or have switched, what should I know about (like Apps not available, weird-ish settings)

also other advice is much appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Marius

btw I use arch

I just recently switched from a 4S to a Moto G.

Unfortunately, I couldn't stay. I just love iOS too much.

But, get the Google Experience Launcher for the most stock launcher available (much cleaner than most manufacturer skins).

Welcome to a better qol. I'd look into ParanoidAndroid as a valid competitor for Cyangogen, if you don't want just one option.

Expect more work to do simple stuff and brain power. Android has way more icons, menus, buttons and such, and also development options like root and adb.

Demands a learning curve, but is more accessible and versatile than iOS, and also customizable. Has a shitton of apps also on the Play Store.

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

You need to know the IOS is way better

Welcome to a better qol. I'd look into ParanoidAndroid as a valid competitor for Cyangogen, if you don't want just one option.

except AOSPA is SOO basic.

omg ples stop

this comment should be moved to "experience with non-techies"

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

this comment should be moved to "experience with non-techies"

Thats personnel preference

You must be joking.....

Some people like it better.

Thats personnel preference

#facepalm

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

#facepalm

#Andriodfanboy

#Andriodfanboy

my phone is a ZTE F160 search it up

my phone is a ZTE F160 search it up

WHO SAYS SEARCH IT UP?

WHO SAYS SEARCH IT UP?

ZTE_R230_1.jpgme

ZTE_R230_1.jpgme

So how do you know Android is better and iOS is bad if you have never used either

I'd go for a new launcher right away. I personally use Lightning launcher for the customisation it gives you. It's fun in a way to create your own themes and such. 

Some of mine: 

nZYA3mz.png

NbUng0P.png

mMfYXTe.png

So how do you know Android is better and iOS is bad if you have never used either

my mom uses an iPad and I have many friends who use android

except AOSPA is SOO basic.

omg ples stop

That's the design they follow. Close to AOSPA with improvements that honestly should be in the normal builds.

Get a task killer app such as Advanced Task Manager because apps will be running in the background and be hogging ram.

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | Cooling: H100i | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengence Pro 1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4457125http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/hHZ8TW

That's the design they follow. Close to AOSPA with improvements that honestly should be in the normal builds.

close to AOSP but yeah sure but I really don't like the way that the settings are placed, it's really inconvenient and their method of storing user preferences with things such as immersive mode and quicktoggle pull is obnoxious as you have to reset all user preferences just to change things. It's REALLY silly,

close to AOSP but yeah sure but I really don't like the way that the settings are placed, it's really inconvenient and their method of storing user preferences with things such as immersive mode and quicktoggle pull is obnoxious as you have to reset all user preferences just to change things. It's REALLY silly,

No you don't.

jqLt.png

No you don't.

jqLt.png

ah I see they've updated that since last time. Well that's a lot better. But still I really miss hybrid modes from 4.3.1, which is why I won't flash PA since it has none of that.

ah I see they've updated that since last time. Well that's a lot better. But still I really miss hybrid modes from 4.3.1, which is why I won't flash PA since it has none of that.

Blame Google/Android. Paranoid kept the code for the tablet UI in a hacky method back in 3.xx builds. It was removed at some point in 4.2.x by Google. They hacked it back in. Now they're all about clean and good code, with excellent quality features. CyanogenMod is too messy for me. ;)