Maximum core temperatures for AMD CPUs is 62 degrees C.

How do I fix gpu usage and FPS?

If you don't want to bottleneck two 7950's you should go intel. It even bottlenecks my single 7950 with a 8320 at 4.4 Ghz sometimes.

What FPS do you get?

no no no!

it wont!

90° would be cool.

this has nothing to do with bottlenecking.

that goes for intel cpus. amd chips need to run much cooler, specifically under the 72c threshold. maybe at 72 it won't instantly fry, but there'll be significant thermal throttling and you seriously risk damaging the cpu. Check the maximum temperature on amd's website: http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=770&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=&f11=&f12= I couldn't find any official temperature limits for the piledriver cpus but this holds truw with all probability.

@Sauron amd shutoff point is 90c :)

hm are you sure? I must have old info then. there0s this though: http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=770&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=&f11=&f12=

look at the max temperature indicated

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

that goes for intel cpus. amd chips need to run much cooler, specifically under the 72c threshold. maybe at 72 it won't instantly fry, but there'll be significant thermal throttling and you seriously risk damaging the cpu. Check the maximum temperature on amd's website: http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=770&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=&f11=&f12= I couldn't find any official temperature limits for the piledriver cpus but this holds truw with all probability.

wtf. i don't trust this.

What FPS do you get?

60 at ultra in most games, sometimes high. I like Vsync so I'm not sure what the max is, it just stutters sometimes and if I turn Vsync of my GPU usage isn't at 100%. I will do a test run in BF3, shouldn't be too different from BF4.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

that goes for intel cpus. amd chips need to run much cooler, specifically under the 72c threshold. maybe at 72 it won't instantly fry, but there'll be significant thermal throttling and you seriously risk damaging the cpu. Check the maximum temperature on amd's website: http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=770&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=&f11=&f12= I couldn't find any official temperature limits for the piledriver cpus but this holds truw with all probability.

How can I get higher FPS?

60 at ultra in most games, sometimes high. I like Vsync so I'm not sure what the max is, it just stutters sometimes and if I turn Vsync of my GPU usage isn't at 100%. I will do a test run in BF3, shouldn't be too different from BF4.

Okay thanks, What FPS should I get if I have no bottleneck 2x7950 900mhz 6GB DDR3 1333mhz Silk Road Conquest 64p Ultra 1080p?

Okay thanks, What FPS should I get if I have no bottleneck 2x7950 900mhz 6GB DDR3 1333mhz Silk Road Conquest 64p Ultra 1080p?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJALX4dTt7M

How can I get higher FPS?

upgrade your cpu to an 8350.

wtf. i don't trust this.

@Enderman seems to think I'm right, at this point I'm not so sure anymore though

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

and then?

i have a FX-6300 running at 75° atm boosting to 3.8Ghz.

and I can run my car with the same oil for 20k miles so I guess no harm there and everyone else can

also 8 core counterparts have different thermal thresholds than lower core count chips. 4 core and 6 core can deal with higher temps.

You're flat out wrong if you think he should run an 8320 at 75c in perfect safety.

Error: 410

In the third mission I get mostly 70 fps, inside 90. GPU is pinned at 97-98% so looks like it isn't really cpu limited for me.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

@Enderman seems to think I'm right, at this point I'm not so sure anymore though

not entirely, throttling point will begin somewhere in the 70's, shutoff point is likely 90c.

The probability of instability increases after ~62c

generally this can vary a bit by the board, or might throttle instead because of VRM (more likely)

I know some Gigabyte boards do this neat little cycled throttling as a type of "anti-turbo" core where one module at a time will downclock to keep temps down, so there are some variations.

I get a bit lower like 10-20fps any way to close the gap?

maybe overclock the gpus a bit (both must run at the same speed)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Intel CPUs can go to 90C before they begin throttling. They will auto shut down at 105C to prevent damage.

AMD CPUs have a maximum core temperature of 62 degrees. Socket temp is a little higher, about 70-75C

It is possible to exceed 62C for stress testing overclocks, but NEVER have it over 62C for daily usage and gaming.

and then?

i have a FX-6300 running at 75° atm boosting to 3.8Ghz.

Then your CPU will fail in less than 3 years.

Overvolting a CPU to the point where it exceed its safe operating temperature is extremely reducing the CPU's life span from 15+ years to less than 5 years.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

not entirely, throttling point will begin somewhere in the 70's, shutoff point is likely 90c.

The probability of instability increases after ~62c

generally this can vary a bit by the board, or might throttle instead because of VRM (more likely)

I know some Gigabyte boards do this neat little cycled throttling as a type of "anti-turbo" core where one module at a time downclocked to keep temps down.

I had heard amd's shutoff system isn't very good at all and you seriously risk melting the cpu if it runs above standard. Might have improved in the last few years though

Intel CPUs can go to 90C before they begin throttling. They will auto shut down at 105C to prevent damage.

AMD CPUs have a maximum core temperature of 62 degrees. Socket temp is a little higher, about 70-75C

It is possible to exceed 62C for stress testing overclocks, but NEVER have it over 62C for daily usage and gaming.

that's what I thought, but others seem to be of different opinions. will the cpu actually melt over 72c or do I have wrong recollections?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

hm are you sure? I must have old info then. there0s this though: http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=770&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=&f11=&f12=

look at the max temperature indicated

That's the max 'safe' temp (bit like intel rate theirs at 72c tcase) but the tj shutoff is 90c :)

I had heard amd's shutoff system isn't very good at all and you seriously risk melting the cpu if it runs above standard. Might have improved in the last few years though

I wouldn't know, I've never pushed a CPU far enough to temperature throttle or shut off.

that's what I thought, but others seem to be of different opinions. will the cpu actually melt over 72c or do I have wrong recollections?

It won't melt, but it will seriously compromise stability and risk degradation and seriously shortened lifespan.

I wouldn't know, I've never pushed a CPU far enough to temperature throttle or shut off.

It won't melt, but it will seriously compromise stability and risk degradation and seriously shortened lifespan.

worked for me when I set the wrong voltage (1.4 instead of 1.3) on stock cooler and primed it :/

aka don't do it then ^^ so I was giving good advice from the start *whew* few things are worse than discovering that you might have been spreading misinformation

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It wont melt, but it will die much sooner than it should. If it stays at over 70C it will probably fail in a couple years.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

maybe overclock the gpus a bit (both must run at the same speed)

Nothing wiith the CPU?!?!?! he has a 3820k...

Then your CPU will fail in less than 3 years.

Overvolting a CPU to the point where it exceed its safe operating temperature is extremely reducing the CPU's life span from 15+ years to less than 5 years.

it isn't even overvolted.

-snip-

also 8 core counterparts have different thermal thresholds than lower core count chips. 4 core and 6 core can deal with higher temps.

You're flat out wrong if you think he should run an 8320 at 75c in perfect safety.

yes, that might be true.

i didn't tell him too, but it won't fry at 72°c.

Nothing wiith the CPU?!?!?! he has a 3820k...

I said GPUs

sudo chmod -R 000 /*