Motherboard & CPU help :)

Hello! 

My current build has an amd x4 750k and a gigabyte ga-f2a88xa-ud3. I'm currently looking to upgrade the cpu. Preferably an amd cpu. My current board is an fm2+ board and is quite new. I'm in a position where I can upgrade both the motherboard and the cpu. In all likelihood I will probably end up replacing the motherboard also, as the kavari apu's won't outperform my 750k by THAT much (in terms of cpu performance; or so I have been told).

So in the case that I do replace the motherboard as well as the cpu, I will probably go with an FX 8320 (and overclock it to the level of a 8350). But I have absolutely no idea about what motherboard to choose from. My budget is roughly $75-$150 (note these will be purchased around Christmas so sales should be taken into account). I know this sounds kinda superficial but it must fit with a colour (sorry I'm European) scheme of red/black so preferably the board should be red/black or just black. Any suggestions?

Any response would be greatly appreciated!

There isn't really a more powerful CPU on the FM2+ as of now. So going to the AM3+ platform with the FX series is your best bet regarding better CPUs.

The Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 is an excellent mobo for the price. I have one paired with the 8320, absolutely no problems with it. However it's a blue and black color scheme. Gigabyte also has a good 990FX board that's all black and grey colors. 

Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 - http://www.amazon.com/M5A99FX-PRO-R2-0-990FX-Motherboard/dp/B008B6ONXK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408728580&sr=8-1&keywords=M5A99FX

Gigabyte - http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GA-990FXA-UD3-990FX-SATA-Motherboard/dp/B0055QYKQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=GIGABYTE+990FXA

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Not really on topic but if that is the correct motherboard name, Gigabyte needs to get a better naming scheme.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Well AMD is set to drop the prices on there FX series CPU's starting 1st September and like others have mentioned, this (8320 - 8350) is the way to go for better performance.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I've always wanted ASUS to come out with the "maximoose VII park ranger". Though I don't know how well that would go over.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

There isn't really a more powerful CPU on the FM2+ as of now. So going to the AM3+ platform with the FX series is your best bet regarding better CPUs.

The Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 is an excellent mobo for the price. I have one paired with the 8320, absolutely no problems with it. However it's a blue and black color scheme. Gigabyte also has a good 990FX board that's all black and grey colors. 

Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 - http://www.amazon.com/M5A99FX-PRO-R2-0-990FX-Motherboard/dp/B008B6ONXK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408728580&sr=8-1&keywords=M5A99FX

Gigabyte - http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GA-990FXA-UD3-990FX-SATA-Motherboard/dp/B0055QYKQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=GIGABYTE+990FXA

These two were the boards I was looking at and I was all over the asus board apart from the colour. The gigabyte 990fxa seems the like the most likely option. Thanks for the response! :D