iSwitched to Android: From An Apple Fanboy

I have to say i really appreciate what you did here, and while your review is biased, there are points here that i can not (or anyone else) argue. Investing a ton of money on ios apps then moving to another platform is something i can totally understand why peeps dont want to do. Inconsistent ui: this is something that has been bugged me as well(sadly i could never afford apple tho), i was a lot of time envious about how much more unified and just plain prettier ios apps look like, hope Android L brings a big upgrade in that matter.Update wise, you are again right, lot of manufacturers dont support phones even if they could be, carriers hold up updates even more shamelessly(i remember my HTC desire S not getting icecream sandwich ever because of T-mobile, even tho HTC officially upgraded to it), whereas apple only has to upgrade a handful of devices and even the i4 is still supported until ios8 and it has came out more than 4 years ago now. Google+ integration isnt that bad, it doesnt really do anything apart from lets you sign in to select apps with it(same as FB) does, you get a g+ account anyway with the gmail and as far as i can see it, it doesnt really harm anything. And on notifications, its just something you got used to on ios, and anyway there are a lot of apps that do that now. On the playstore-asppstore, i think both are equally full with sketchy-shady apps.

Bottomline is, the beauty of android is that it has many faces, depending on manufacturer skins, and just user-level tweaking and customizations(not to mention custom roms), so even if you dont like one instance of it, chances are that you will find something from another manufacturer(or another ROM dev) that will suit your needs. On the other hand iOS is exactly same on all devices, apart from that plus 1 row of icons from i5 and up, so if you dont like it then you're pretty much stuck with it. And while its undeniably a good system(hell several million users cant be wrong), on that logic the same goes for android as well. Its a matter of habits and preferences.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i