cheapest XLR to USB converter

PJemus

I am going to buy a new microphone and i think i have decided which microphone i want but i cant find any helpful information about connecting it to my PC.

the mic i want to get is the MLX V67G. it is XLR which means i will need an adapter of some sort. 

i dont think XLR to 3.5mm is going to be a good option since my sound card is sheity. so XLR to USB is my only option.

I need phantom power for the mic and so i was thinking of getting a blue icicle or something. i just dont have that much money. I saw this XLR to mini USB on Amazon but i dont have any idea if it will work. im sure it will work with mics that don't need phantom power, but i dont know if it will work with mics that do need it. 

Really, what i need to know is what the cheapest way to use an XLR mic that requires phantom power is without losing any audio quality from the mic. By 'cheapest' i mean like, no more than $20NZD ($18CAD). 

I have never used this forum before, so if this post is in the wrong place, can a mod please move it?

probably doesn't exist.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Phantom power is 48V, you're never going to get that from USB. On top of that you need a mic pre-amp, which your computer can't do either. What you need is a cheap mixer or good audio interface, Behringer will get you by if you're really on a budget but I'd rather invest a bit more and consider something from PreSonus.

Phantom power is 48V, you're never going to get that from USB. On top of that you need a mic pre-amp, which your computer can't do either. What you need is a cheap mixer or good audio interface, Behringer will get you by if you're really on a budget but I'd rather invest a bit more and consider something from PreSonus.

then how does the blue icicle work? i have seen the at2020 run off of the blue icicle and it requires 48V of phantom power.

I am going to buy a new microphone and i think i have decided which microphone i want but i cant find any helpful information about connecting it to my PC.

the mic i want to get is the MLX V67G. it is XLR which means i will need an adapter of some sort. 

i dont think XLR to 3.5mm is going to be a good option since my sound card is sheity. so XLR to USB is my only option.

I need phantom power for the mic and so i was thinking of getting a blue icicle or something. i just dont have that much money. I saw this XLR to mini USB on Amazon but i dont have any idea if it will work. im sure it will work with mics that don't need phantom power, but i dont know if it will work with mics that do need it. 

Really, what i need to know is what the cheapest way to use an XLR mic that requires phantom power is without losing any audio quality from the mic. By 'cheapest' i mean like, no more than $20NZD ($18CAD). 

I have never used this forum before, so if this post is in the wrong place, can a mod please move it?

DAP UCI-10 - USB-XLR 

get a blue yeti or snowball and just take out the insides and put it into that MLX u got :P