Phil Fish to sell Polytron and Fez IPs and leave the video game industry in wake of major hack

Ph8nJkp.png

Phil Fish is leaving the video game industry and is selling off the FEZ and Polytron IPs.

It comes after a huge dossier of personal information was obtained by hackers who claim to be working on behalf of 4chan's /v/ board.

The hackers first took over the Polytron website, which displayed this page until it was taken down by the website host:

oS54fpp.png

Searching for the website on google and other search engines yielded this result:

b2a636a198.png

Finally, the hackers took over the official Polytron twitter account:

qQL3tgF.png

mFpPqRB.png

My opinion on this is that while I do not condone what the hackers did and what I think they did is not only wrong but is despicable, with the way Phil Fish has acted in recent years, he had it coming.

I'll add more to this post as new information emerges over time.

You could say they Fish-ed out his private details and Phil-ed an archive with them..

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It seems quite unlikely that /v/ would do anything like this. It's a board that seems to be mostly comprised of 12 year olds.

Still, Phil Fish is a moron.

Edit: Yeah. No one who actually goes on 4chan refers to the boards with a capital letter, or spouts that shit about 'we do not forgive'. This whole thing is retarded.

Hue Hue Hue.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Phil Fish might be a dumbass, but these are criminal acts done to him. There is NO justification for doxxing or hacking, or releasing private info: NONE! I hope police catches these fucktards and give them a hard sentance. You can disagree and criticize him all you want, but the man has rights, including free speech. That is being violated and should be severely punished.

At the end of the day, these doxxers are only proving Phil Fish, Zoe and all the SJW idiots right.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

IT'S okay guys he has his other career to fall back on.

Phil Fish plays pokemon.

Why was he targeted? 

I'm not sure specifically but he was being offensive and egoistic on twitter over the last few days so I'm sure that would have something to do with it.

Who gives a fuck about Phil Fish

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm sorry, Who? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I have no idea who phil is or whether or not he deserved it. but if self proclaimed judge and jury lynch mobs do this every time a developer says something they don't like,  then They will be the ones that kill the internet,  not comcast or time warner.    But them, as the fear of having our personal details sprawled across the net by an anonymous hacker is enough o deter people from taking up indie game development.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Who gives a fuck about Phil Fish

there was a video about it on the forum yesterday

it all started when Zoe Quinn started whoring around with 5 guys so she can better her career

and kept acting like a victim so she can get more publicity

also i dont really care about this but there are many who are passionate about gaming and they are ruining it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Why was he targeted? 

I think this was about his "there is such a thing as white privilege" and other.. strange statement's recently, along with his temper tantrums in the past and the hackers' ability to do nothing productive with their time. I don't blame him for quitting after this, but maaaaybe he should have known internet fame means you don't blatantly speak your mind as if you're always right.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

This, this is starting to sound like the most pathetic thing ever. Especially the hacker, just take a moment, go outside, maybe try to improve your social skills and stop masturbating 6 times a day. Fuck.

I'm out, I'm gonna go back to not knowing who Phil Fish is.

what does all this have to do with 5 Guys?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

what does all this have to do with 5 Guys?

It's a reference to an ongoing controversy regarding an indie game dev and five guys who she has been accused of sleeping with.

It's a reference to an ongoing controversy regarding an indie game dev and five guys who she has been accused of sleeping with.

thanks for clarifying 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

This, this is starting to sound like the most pathetic thing ever. Especially the hacker, just take a moment, go outside, maybe try to improve your social skills and stop masturbating 6 times a day. Fuck.

I'm out, I'm gonna go back to not knowing who Phil Fish is.

An egotistical pile of shit, you haven't missed much.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

An egotistical pile of shit, you haven't missed much.

I dunno man, I find people who anger the internet to be quite endearing, generally speaking.

The internet is full of retards, somebody has to troll them.

Damn! I was expecting amazing fallout from the Quinnspericy issue but this is far beyond anything I imagined. Better get more popcorn and watch what happens to the others that were involved...