Similarly, tried buy one but won't ship to CANADA. 

COME ON LINUS you are in Canada yourself. 

Intel i7-4770K @4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | Asus Z87-Deluxe | Crucial Ballistix 16GB

EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ ACX Cooler | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Dell U2713HM

I like how almost all comment is international shipping my ass (same here canada,montreal) but video was fun still linus check info before saying international shipping work

Still i dont realy see a point of grabbing that 1276V3 xeon over the 4790K, for gamers.

Cause the K cpu can be overclocked, and will be better / faster then.

Also for the price, they cost allmost the same so yeah.

So a Quadro is as good as a GeForce too? Radeon and FirePro? :3

A quadro will game (and overclock) quite well, but for the price if Gaming is all you are concerned with a workstation GPU is not cost effective (look like this, a K5000 is more or less a GTX770, but cost more than 4 GTX770's in SLI).  

That said, I game on a Quadro 2000m (GTX460m with gddr3), and it handles all the games I play quite well, and overclocks like a beast (maxed out the sliders on memory and core while undervolted and passing stress tests (catzilla, haven, and 3d mark 11) without an artifact). BUt be warned, the laptop was not purchased mainly for gaming, I use Autocad and Blender massively more than games. 

Also @Sintezza I think you missed the point here. While a k series will overclock, and if you are gaming ONLY, that is the best choice, the Xeon has features that make it better for other uses, like CAD, while not affecting its gaming performance. (not to mention the few FPS that you get from overclocking make the investment a waste unless you are running 4k monitors on tri/quad SLI). 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

They should've done some different tests. For example heat output; linus mentioned that xenons are better per watt and thermally cooler. So why not test it? I would like to see what the power/performance would be on the same level.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

A quadro will game (and overclock) quite well, but for the price if Gaming is all you are concerned with a workstation GPU is not cost effective (look like this, a K5000 is more or less a GTX770, but cost more than 4 GTX770's in SLI).  

That said, I game on a Quadro 2000m (GTX460m with gddr3), and it handles all the games I play quite well, and overclocks like a beast (maxed out the sliders on memory and core while undervolted and passing stress tests (catzilla, haven, and 3d mark 11) without an artifact). BUt be warned, the laptop was not purchased mainly for gaming, I use Autocad and Blender massively more than games. 

Also @Sintezza I think you missed the point here. While a k series will overclock, and if you are gaming ONLY, that is the best choice, the Xeon has features that make it better for other uses, like CAD, while not affecting its gaming performance. (not to mention the few FPS that you get from overclocking make the investment a waste unless you are running 4k monitors on tri/quad SLI). 

My post was a joke, you are actually incorrect. A Quadro will perform significantly worse than a GeForce card because the NVIDIA drivers optimize work programs for Quadro and games for GeForce, this is the same to AMD.

Watch deadmau5's stream, he has nothing but issues trying to run his games with his Quadro K5000.

My post was a joke, you are actually incorrect. A Quadro will perform significantly worse than a GeForce card because the NVIDIA drivers optimize work programs for Quadro and games for GeForce, this is the same to AMD.

Watch deadmau5's stream, he has nothing but issues trying to run his games with his Quadro K5000.

I do wish you would tell my laptops that a quadro performs worse, because it seems someone forgot to tell the hardware that. That said, I do not have a GTX460m to test against, but I would bet it is fairly similar (the differences in drivers gaming wise is not that big unless you are playing on release day or close to it, as the Quadro driver is generally 2 releases behind, and iirc never a beta driver).  

If you would like an example, I am more than happy to record a bit of gameplay with hardware ids (GPUz, and CPUz) and upload it to youtube for you, if you would like to share a reliable link on how to record gameplay (Never tried, so I honestly don't know).  

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

@Sheldon_King

Offcourse i was only talking about gaming indeed.

i know all the pro´s and con´s about both chips in general.

But still thanks for explaining :)

@Sheldon_King

Offcourse i was only talking about gaming indeed.

i know all the pro´s and con´s about both chips in general.

But still thanks for explaining :)

Well, you see that is where a lot of this community (pc enthusiast, not LTT specifically) miss the point. While we may game, that is not the only use of a computer, and teh vast majority of computer users don't care if it can run say Crysis on ultra. For those that do game and other things (like I do) a quadro or a Xeon is a great choice. 

Basically, I think what I am saying is that it is pointless to assume that gaming is the only purpose of a computer build. And even if it is, the 2-5 FPS you MAY get with overclocking is generally not worth the $100ish between a 1235V3 and a 4770k (the extra $100ish would be better spend for gaming on a GPU anyway). 

EDIT: Spelling

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Personally I wouldn't buy a Xeon chip simply because quite frankly I don't think it is very cost effective. If you take into account that hard drive reliability is more important than than error correcting memory, you would be better off getting a consumer grade CPU and investing the rest of the budget into a higher quality raid card and server grade hard drives. This is from home/small business point of view. Xeon chips and motherboards are more oriented towards larger companies that need to have several servers running 24/7. So until I become serverroom admin for a large company or win the lottery and have so much money that I don't know what to do with it, I think i'm gonna stick to consumer grade Cpus.

Well, you see that is where a lot of this community (pc enthusiast, not LTT specifically) miss the point. While we may game, that is not the only use of a computer, and teh vast majority of computer users don't care if it can run say Crysis on ultra. For those that do game and other things (like I do) a quadro or a Xeon is a great choice. 

Basically, I think what I am saying is that it is pointless to assume that gaming is the only purpose of a computer build. And even if it is, the 2-5 FPS you MAY get with overclocking is generally not worth the $100ish between a 1235V3 and a 4770k (the extra $100ish would be better spend for gaming on a GPU anyway). 

EDIT: Spelling

Well i do game, but i also do allot of virtualization and stuf, thats the reason why it use AMD. ☺

Those xeon´s are basicly very nice chips if you do indeed more then gaming.

If you talk about the weaker xeon´s like the 1230V3 or 1231, then yes they are on an i5 price point.

Which would make them a better choice for productivity, then an i5-k.

For just a gaming rig, i dont realy see a point of getting with one of those xeon´s. i5-k would be fine (if not better) there.

productivity yes such a xeon could be a nice cheaper solution

however you could also look at AMD then.

Well i do game, but i also do allot of virtualization and stuf, thats the reason why it use AMD. ☺

Those xeon´s are basicly very nice chips if you do indeed more then gaming.

If you talk about the weaker xeon´s like the 1230V3 or 1231, then yes they are on an i5 price point.

Which would make them a better choice for productivity, then an i5-k.

For just a gaming rig, i dont realy see a point of getting with one of those xeon´s. i5-k would be fine (if not better) there.

productivity yes such a xeon could be a nice cheaper solution

however you could also look at AMD then.

At that price point, you could also get a locked i5 and save even more. The 1-2% improvement from OCing is not worth the cost in these cases either (plus take the $30ish from the cooler you don't need, the money from a locked i5 or 1230v3, and get yourself a much nicer GPU ($130 would make the difference between say a 770 and a 780 or a 280 and a 290). 

That said, you are aiming at 2 different people here. A 1230v3 for example would be a far better chip for someone that lets say renders video or cad models off teh CPU than a 4670k would, even overclocked. It would also blow the 8320 out of the water in most of these 8 threaded workloads too (stronger cores), assuming both at stock speeds, as the AMD would need much more investment to reach a high enough clockspeed to compete with a 4790k or the like. (whereas the xeon will operate just fine in the lowest prices H81 board, assuming UEFI support). (iirc on the 8320 clockspeed statement). 

^^ Also, getting a xeon for a gaming ONLY board would not net hardly a single benefit. The suggestions for xeons come because people do thing OTHER than game, and lets face it, a Xbone or PS4 would be a better investment if all you do is game. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

yes offcourse the 1230V3 renders better then an i5, cause it has HT.

However i disagree that the 1230V3 blows an FX8350 out of the water at heavy workloads or rendering, cause that is definitely not allways the case.

The only + is that you can run the xeon 1230V3 on a cheap board, but stil.

But yeah i am going a bit offtopic with the xeon 1230V3 and 1231 and FX, cause Topic wasn´t about them. sorry :)

Long story short.

- Is the xeon 1276V3 suitable for gaming? yes it is.

- is it worth it to look at one over an i7-4790K for gaming + rendering? no its not cause they cost arround the same.

- For pure gaming i would still grab an i5. atm

I do wish you would tell my laptops that a quadro performs worse, because it seems someone forgot to tell the hardware that. That said, I do not have a GTX460m to test against, but I would bet it is fairly similar (the differences in drivers gaming wise is not that big unless you are playing on release day or close to it, as the Quadro driver is generally 2 releases behind, and iirc never a beta driver).  

If you would like an example, I am more than happy to record a bit of gameplay with hardware ids (GPUz, and CPUz) and upload it to youtube for you, if you would like to share a reliable link on how to record gameplay (Never tried, so I honestly don't know).  

I don't understand what you just said, can you just explain it in a simpler form? So the Quadro performs worse? I'm just comparing the Quadro to the GeForce chips because GeForce are optimized for gaming and Quadro is optimized for work, unlike Intel CPU (which this topic is about) which works just the same in both gaming and work loads.

I don't understand what you just said, can you just explain it in a simpler form? So the Quadro performs worse? I'm just comparing the Quadro to the GeForce chips because GeForce are optimized for gaming and Quadro is optimized for work, unlike Intel CPU (which this topic is about) which works just the same in both gaming and work loads.

I don't have a GTX460 to compare against it. I can overclock my quadro to 800MHz and 2200MHz without touching voltage and complete stability, and so far it games very well. I would gladly test the games I play (Black Ops 1, MW3, Euro Truck Sim 2, Sniper Elite V2 (waiting to test SE3 on it and Saints Row 4) on both if I had a 460 to swap in. I guess what I am saying (not very well), is that it is a great gaming chip and has the same chip as a GTX460m. Only diference is double precision compute, and DDR3 vRam. Differences are within margin of error more than likely.  

That said, it will not compete with a GTX480 or a 7950 or the like, but it is a Laptop and a Workstation at that. It does gaming okay and CAD Great, and I would take that over great gaming and ok CAD anyday (especially seeing as a gaming laptop, asus and MSI from the same generation would have been $350 more than the $200 I paid for this). 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

So much for international shipping on the cheero. Was going to buy one but it will not ship to New Zealand.

Same, here, no shipping possible to the EU, international shipping my arse.

I can't even find the international shipping option on the amazon website. There's only one product on the page, unlike the two you can see in the video.

I like how almost all comment is international shipping my ass (same here canada,montreal) but video was fun still linus check info before saying international shipping work

From Cheero FB:

263bzmf.png

Seems like sold out and restock in a couple weeks for international. 

Intel i7-4770K @4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | Asus Z87-Deluxe | Crucial Ballistix 16GB

EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ ACX Cooler | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Dell U2713HM

Damn the video doesn't loads.Can any one tell ke the difference please? Just in short words.