Programming laptop help recommend me

Charismatic

So i am a web developer that has little to no knowledge about hardware and i am looking at getting a new laptop and i would like some help.
information
Budget - around $1000

i need to be able to program on it and run a localhost web server

decent battery time and does not over heat to much

this is just for university and just for programming and watching movies

any suggestions?

If you just want a laptop that works, I would look at the Dell Inspiron 5000 series. 

https://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-14-5447-laptop/pd?oc=dncwl2508b&model_id=inspiron-14-5447-laptop

Or for something with 1080p

https://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-14-7437/pd?oc=dncwa1706b&model_id=inspiron-14-7437

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

i was looking at the y40 its a bit weaker but cheaper. what are your thoughts?

the one @Benjio had is pretty good and under 1000, so get it.

If you want something with better battery life, consider the Thinkpad T and X series. Both are perfect for programming, and are very rugged. They can be configured with various features to hit $1000. Might even be a bit more, but they're worth the price you pay. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Get either the lenovo y50 or y40. (I personally would go with the y50 as it has the larger screen and I like it more.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

sigh not available in australia, down under problems zzz

Sorry, didn't realize you were from Australia.  :unsure:

Sorry, didn't realize you were from Australia.  :unsure:

yeah its a hard life down here no lone wants to sell us anything

You could try Amazon.com, they ship to Australia and charge an Import fees deposit - which will be returned to you if it's unused (most likely will be unused depending on how lenient customs is). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2