Looking for IPS Monitor Recommendations

madknight3

I'm moving across Canada and instead of shipping my Acer and Samsung TN monitors, I'm thinking of putting that money towards two new IPS monitors.

My requirements are

• 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 IPS
  • 24 inch (I guess 23 would be acceptable though)
  • VESA mount
  • Good adjustability is a bonus

Monitor is used for

• Gaming (PC mostly with some PS3)
  • Watching videos
  • Programming
  • General use

In short, I spend a lot of time in front of these monitors with multiple things open so I want something really nice to look at. It'll probably be a while until I upgrade to 1440p so I guess I'll just get some nicer 1080p/1200p monitors.

Right now I'm considering getting 2 Dell U2412M monitors at $280 a piece but I'm open to suggestions of better/comparable monitors at this price point or less. I've never used a 1200p monitor before but I like the idea of having the extra space.

I would agree with the Dell U2412M. Though it is not the best preforming, it is a Dell. You can't go wrong with a Dell.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Something you might want to consider, because of the way resolution works in games, is that your field of view with a 16:10 1920x1200 res monitor is going to be a tad compromised on the sides. But if this is what you want then go for it. Just thought I'd let you know though. ;)

@madknight3

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Something you might want to consider, because of the way resolution works in games, is that your field of view with a 16:10 1920x1200 res monitor is going to be a tad compromised on the sides. But if this is what you want then go for it. Just thought I'd let you know though. ;)

@madknight3

Good to know. Hopefully I wont mind, I don't have a 1200p monitor to test out beforehand.

Good to know. Hopefully I wont mind, I don't have a 1200p monitor to test out beforehand.

Easy fix, just create a custom resolution on your current monitor of 1920x1200 and you'll be able to see before you buy.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Go with the Benq BL2411PT. 1920x1200 IPS goodness. It's amazing and it doesn't have PWM, so no flickering. Review HERE.

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

Go with the Benq BL2411PT. 1920x1200 IPS goodness. It's amazing and it doesn't have PWM, so no flickering. Review HERE.

Looks like another good option