M8 vs S5? (I know there is other topics)

upliftsleet1974

Looking at getting a new phone and can get either the Samsung S5 or the HTC M8 what would you get?

please vote on it and if you so please reply with why you voted the way you did :D

Thank you so much!!

Edit: Please do not recommend other phones. 

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

I like the M8, but the S5 is waterproof

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Z2

This ^

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Z2

I would never recommend an Xperia to anyone after Sony released an update which introduced tons of bugs and battery issues right before cutting off support for the Xperia Z

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

I would never recommend an Xperia to anyone after Sony released an update which introduced tons of bugs and battery issues right before cutting off support for the Xperia Z

custom rom

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

M8

I have it

It's awesome

Plus you can flash the Google play rom onto it!!!!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

custom rom

locked bootloaders

locked bootloaders

theres always a way around them

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

theres always a way around them

tell me, my battery is dieing to know.

regardless, Sony shouldn't rely on people voiding their warranty with custom ROMs as a workaround for their fuckup.

tell me, my battery is dieing to know.

regardless, Sony shouldn't rely on people voiding their warranty with custom ROMs as a workaround for their fuckup.

I agree but you can revert it to stock again so the warrenty isnt voided

I agree but you can revert it to stock again so the warrenty isnt voided

well it's kind of hard to revert it to stock if your phone is broken

well it's kind of hard to revert it to stock if your phone is broken

fair enough

I think everyone here knows what I would say, but seeing as the OP specifically asked for people not to recommend other phones, the HTC One M8 is clearly superior to the Galaxy S5. Everything else aside, the build quality of the M8 is iPhone-level. (oops, I said it)

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Neither iPhone

iPhone 5s all da way. And jailbreak it. You must jailbreak it. 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

One m8 all day my friend has it 

s5=lagwiz... i used it

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Thank you for all the feedback :D

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

I think everyone here knows what I would say, but seeing as the OP specifically asked for people not to recommend other phones, the HTC One M8 is clearly superior to the Galaxy S5. Everything else aside, the build quality of the M8 is iPhone-level. (oops, I said it)

Get out!

OP: M8 for sure.

Remove the poll and do M8 vs Z2.

S5 is junk unless you custom rom the shiznit out of it.

Also a friend of mine bought the S5 and returned it within 2 hours. (reasson lags right at the first boot and keeps lagging)

He then switch to M8. loves it.

M8 still wins.

And I'm a Z1 owner. 

Thinking about an iPhone soon...

M8 m8. Just got mine, it's good.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Get out!

Hahahaha.

Wait, that was a friendly joke, right? You do seem to agree with me...

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /