Anti-virus?

alby800
Go to solution Solved by alby800,

Its not an anti-virus but its to stop popup adds which is one of the major complaints of the op.

I use AVG.  I have the paid version but i use the free version on my dads computer.

thanks, I now have AVG and Ad block plus

What is a good FREE anti-virus, I forgot to do this when I built my PC and I need it now. I am getting random websites that pop-up randomly asking to do a survey and sin stuff and it is really annoying, andy ideas?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

AVG is the one I use. I eventually bought the full version but the free works great. :)

There are no really good free options. Get AVG if you absolutely can't afford it.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Surveys are not viruses...

I get them from like BestBuy and Sony.

I would use MalwareBytes though, great. Also Windows Defender scan is good. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Use adblock plus?

Peerblock is something to look into as well.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I use avast.

avast master race

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

avast free is what I use

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Use adblock plus?

How is that an anti-virus???

Surveys are not viruses...

I get them for like BestBuy and Sony.

I would use MalwareBytes though, great. Also Windows Defender scan is good. 

whatever they are they are really annoying and I want to get rid of them

AVG is the one I use. I eventually bought the full version but the free works great. :)

I'll take a look

There are no really good free options. Get AVG if you absolutely can't afford it.

Damn, AVG seems to be the best option

I use avast.

avast master race

Avast seems popular as well

Use adblock plus?

Peerblock is something to look into as well.

I thought that was bad or something?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

How is that an anti-virus???

It gets rid of advertisements you plonker.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

#AvastMasterRace

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

How so?

How so?

linus bashes it doesn't he?

It's not bad per se. I just blocks all ads and takes ad revenue away from anyone who uses them to make money. 

linus bashes it doesn't he?

You can whitelist this site, so he'll still get his ad revenue.

AVG free anti virus is really good if you don't have enough money to spend on anti virus, it has free anti virus and tunes up your pc and clean unnecessary files. 

It's not bad per se. I just blocks all ads and takes ad revenue away from anyone who uses them to make money. 

You can whitelist sites, such as LTT like i have, and still give the site ad revenue.

Other sites which i want nothing to do with can bugger off tbh.

Panda

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

You can whitelist this site, so he'll still get his ad revenue.

oh ok, I will get that then and probably AVG

AVG free anti virus is really good if you don't have enough money to spend on anti virus, it has free anti virus and tunes up your pc and clean unnecessary files. 

Thanks for the suggestion

Panda

Whats panda?

Whats panda?

Panda Cloud AntiVirus

This as well

video-undefined-1BFF1E3600000578-538_636

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It gets rid of advertisements you plonker.

Really? I had no idea....

What is a good FREE anti-virus, I forgot to do this when I built my PC and I need it now.

This was the question at hand and though he said he wanted to get rid of popups you weren't answering the entire question. Also if you wish to insult use a real one and do make up random and non existent words. :)

You can whitelist sites, such as LTT like i have, and still give the site ad revenue.

Other sites which i want nothing to do with can bugger off tbh.

I'm aware...

That's not true at all.

I would use Avast free version, I find the UI to be a lot better than AVG's, and it has really good detection rate as well. By far the best free anti-virus in my opinion.