Can't install .NET Framework 3.5 on a Windows 8.1 computer.

So I had to reinstall my windows 8 operating system because of a corrupted operating system and all seemed well until I tried to install my games and curse. Now when I try to download the .net framework I get the error code 0x800F0906,

After trying all the solutions provided on the microsoft support website I have still not been able to install the .net Framework 3.5.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

try and find the offline version and download it -

then install it...

Computer Programming Nerd Guy + Computer Support @ Red Tree IT

I tried using the supposedly offline Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:F:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess  but I was told that the source file could not be found. My installation disk was the F: drive

After hours of searching, I finally found the solution to this problem on Superuser:

I had the same problem and solved it as follows: I noticed that two recent Windows updates refer to .NET Framework 3.5. I uninstalled them both and then was able to install .NET Framework 3.5 from Control Panel.

I'm not sure if was necessary to uninstall both updates. They are KB2966826 and KB2966828.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem on my WIndows 8 Pro, but I do not have the KB2966826 and KB2966828 updates installed, so I can't delete them.  Suggestions?

• 11 months later...

I have the exact same problem on my WIndows 8 Pro, but I do not have the KB2966826 and KB2966828 updates installed, so I can't delete them.  Suggestions?

The same MS14-046 security bulletin uses different KB numbers for Windows 8.0.  You can try uninstalling KB2966827 instead.

MS also recognizes the issue and posted this update to address the issue.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3005628