Nintendo Gamecube Keyboard Controller

I just purchased a Nintendo Gamecube ASCII Keyboard Controller.

31D8MFQDAML.jpg

Does anyone know of a way to make this function like a normal keyboard. I know they have PS/2 to Gamecube adapters, but I have found nothing for the reverse. I have a Gamecube to USB adapter for Dolphin.

41ylUrEX6IL._SY300_.jpg

But I am unsure if this will do the job. And if it does, than I don't want it to run through Dolphin. And I will have to buy another one of these so I can have four available for Smash Bros. And I don't want to purchase another one.

For those of you wondering. Yes this is a legit controller. It was meant for Phantasy Star Online which was a MMO.

This is what you get when you have too much money

facepalm.exe crashed

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You might be able to use JoytoKey to make that keyboard work, but you would need to map every key and it might not be worth the effort to you.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

That's the problem of trying something that not many people have tried (or even heard of).. Nobody knows

But that controller though

laugh_zps952d05dc.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Congratulations, you own the most useless looking peripheral I have ever seen.

facepalm.exe crashed

I can't tell if you guys are post farming or just trying to be ass holes, the OP just had a simple question. I'm starting to get really sick of all of these useless posts on this forum.

I can't tell if you guys are post farming or just trying to be ass holes, the OP just had a simple question. I'm starting to get really sick of all of these useless posts on this forum.

The irony in your post being equally as unhelpful as ours.

GG

The irony in your post being equally as unhelpful as ours.

GG

I generally only post on topics that I can actually be at least somewhat helpful on, and not just post to be rude to the OP. All of the crap posting on this forum is getting really ridiculous in my opinion.

I did a bit of extra digging and i could only find the one you already posted :/

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't mind all the spam posts as long as some useful info is also sprinkled in. Makes for a more interesting post. :P

And it's less the money and more the passions. I am a huge Nintendo fanboy. I like keyboards. And I played Phantasy Star II. So there is a bit of nostalgia with this controller.

I did a bit of extra digging and i could only find the one you already posted :/

Thank you anyway.

i have no idea if that would work but if all you want it do it the keyboard i would guess you could always replace the controller board with a teensy micro controller and some custom firmware if it comes down to it

that controller was meant for online play(yes the gamecube had a few games that you could play online), the game was phantasy star online, it has no purpose outside of that game, the controller is a good collectors item, so it's not completely useless.

that controller was meant for online play(yes the gamecube had a few games that you could play online), the game was phantasy star online, it has no purpose outside of that game, the controller is a good collectors item, so it's not completely useless.

I knew as much already.