folding

Hi !

So i have a problem with folding. I just started folding. So i set up everything and it's working, but i don't use the computer a lot and while i'm gaming i can't run the folding. So i fold only when surfing the internet and when i'm downloading something and the computer is on. So the problem is that i have only 4 hours left and the progress is 70%. If this is going to happen every time then it's not worth my computer power since it will go wasted if it can't finish the unit in time. Can i do something about this or just stop folding ? Like can i adjust the setting somewhere to get a unit that is done faster ? Or can i get more time ?

Hi !

So i have a problem with folding. I just started folding. So i set up everything and it's working, but i don't use the computer a lot and while i'm gaming i can't run the folding. So i fold only when surfing the internet and when i'm downloading something and the computer is on. So the problem is that i have only 4 hours left and the progress is 70%. If this is going to happen every time then it's not worth my computer power since it will go wasted if it can't finish the unit in time. Can i do something about this or just stop folding ? Like can i adjust the setting somewhere to get a unit that is done faster ? Or can i get more time ?

You can pause it then resume it the next day. It's what i do. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Is that 4 hours left, the time to complete? That is fine, that is the time left to finish all the calculations, not the time left to get it done. Typically most projects have 3-7 days to complete projects and pausing the work while you game and such is fine. If you look at the advanced view, you can typically see the when the WU expires, you should have lots of time.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99