powersupply ...?

seve6979

i dont know how "big" supply do i need? Cause all those calculators give diffrent answers.

my build 

Video Card: Gigabyte GV-N780OC-3GD

600W or bigger

i dont know how "big" supply do i need? Cause all those calculators give diffrent answers.

my build 

Video Card: Gigabyte GV-N780OC-3GD

Motherboard: MSI Z97M-G43*

600 watt will do easily

Compatible with Windows 95

500-600W will do. Just make sure it has at least an 80+ Bronze rating.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

600 watt will do easily

You have to have a 600w or bigger for a 780

600 watt and use pc parts picker its very accurate. :)

500-600W will do. Just make sure it has at least an 80+ Bronze rating.

It has to be 600W or bigger for the GTX 780

600W should be enough, as long you have a 80 plus bronze or higher psu then your okay.

A quality 450w can power your system, but I'll recommend a 550w unit for you. What is your budget and where are you able to buy from? Do you plan to SLI?

Some guy ran a 780ti off a 450w or something like that so he will be fine with 500w. Doesn't have to be 600w. 550 will do fine.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

It might be recommended, but it by no means "has to be". I think it was tek syndicate that ran an overclocked 780ti (or something along those lines) on a 450w. 

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

No you don't. The CPU and GPU will draw maybe a little over 300 watts combined on load.

OP can get away with something 450 watts and above to have overhead.

No.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Some guy ran a 780ti off a 450w or something like that so he will be fine with 500w. Doesn't have to be 600w. 550 will do fine.

But Nvidia says you need a 600W PSU don't risk it.

No.

No you don't. The CPU and GPU will draw maybe a little over 300 watts combined on load.

OP can get away with something 450 watts and above to have overhead.

Nvidia says a lot of things that aren't true.

Nvidia says a lot of things that aren't true.

Ok don't be mad when it doesn't work

Favepalm*

If you have one system with a 780 and a 4770k in it, it is not going to draw more power than another system with the same specs. So if a 780 has been run off a 500w, then a 500w will be fine fir his 780. They set the bar high.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

You're wrong, plain and simple.

It's not a risk. They just say alot extra if you have a bad PSU and a crazy, dual Xeon system

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

That recommendation is based on full system recommendation that take into consideration of various of components as well as various of PSU qualities. There are some 600w power supplies that like only have ~450w (37.5A) on the 12v rail for example, and that is as much as some quality 450w units such as the Seasonic G 450w.

If you know what you are doing, you certainly can go lower than what Nvidia recommends.

I have an overclocked i5 and two 770's running off of a 750 watt PSU.

By your logic, I should have a 1200watt PSU to power these things, which isn't true. I've ran these things at full load, overclocked and I'm still not maxing out the PSU.

Don't go off of what Nvidia and their partners put on the box, go off of what real world tests show, and real world tests show that the 780 coupled with a high performance CPU like the aforementioned 4690k will not pull more than 400 watts.