Building a new computer. What can I do better?

Globalite

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($130.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($76.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($392.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1259.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-21 13:53 EDT-0400

Hi, this computer will be mostly used for high-end gaming/streaming and I'd like to run most games on atleast very high/ultra if possible. I have a €1.1K budget but anything below that is fine aswell. Anyhow, after posting to /r/buildapc I ended up with this one and I'm liking it so far but I'm not sure if I should get a Radeon R9 290 or go for a gtx 780ti and why is an i7 exactly overkill? doesn't it increase my performance? 

Any feedback/comments would be highly appreciated.

Id get a 750W or 850W PSU

An i7 might be of benefit if you are streaming.

Anyway I would suggest a better psu. The nex isn't that good. If you plan on dual gpu's then you want an 850W. For a single gpu then 550W/650W is fine.

You could also go for a cheaper cooler such as the Coolermaster Hyper Evo 212

oh please amd cards dont use 500w alone.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Welcome to LTT, and thank you for choosing an i5 since i7's have no benefit for gaming over i5's (to answer your question plainly, you'll only get maybe one or two extra frames over an i5, if any, so they're not worth it for gaming rigs).

If you can afford the 780ti, get the 780ti. You'll be happy with it :)

Other than that, I don't see anything wrong.

The PSU he has is enough for his setup.

oh please amd cards dont use 500w alone.

I know but more power would be a smart decision for further upgrades

Go for better PSU! I would go for Seasonic / Corsair PSU. 850W is overkill, but you can go for 750 if you are gonna buy one more videocard. You can't run all games on ultra (too bad ports nowaday) on 4K, but if you are going for 1080p it's OK. :) Whatever go for better PSU. If you don't have money for better PSU - downgrade the CPU cooling (liquid cooling is a bit overhyped imo).

"I am like ninja, but less gay" - Deadpool

Since you will be streaming I would look into a 4770K, then doing an OC. Also get a different PSU as the others said, the wattage is fine, but I am not sure about reliability.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

The 650W EVGA supernova should put you in a good place for power UNLESS you're planning on upgrading to an SLI/crossfire setup in the future, in which case do 2 things:

1: make sure the mobo supports SLI

2: pick up an 850W power supply. if you look at my profile, the EVGA power supply I have I highly recommend. Supernova 850W.

Maybe get an Nvidia GTX 780Ti if you can afford it.

Maybe go with the i7-4790k for better stream handling while gaming.

Maybe step down to an air cooler if you don't plan to overclock.

Seems like you have a good idea of what you need, pretty solid for a first plan.

Git Gud.

@Globalite thats a very nice build, you've almost got the best bang for your buck..I actually just built a rig for my friend with the identical budget. Here is his build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PTVgrH

You can get 1866 DDR3 for $4-5 more http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f314900cl9d8gbsr

I also prefer the Asus Z97-A for premium features at a budget price.  Take a look at the board and see what you think.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($349.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1134.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-21 14:11 EDT-0400

Welcome the forum @Globalite . Enjoy your stay. 

1.What will you be doing with the computer other than gaming? Video editing? Animation? Rendering?

2.Are you aware of the fact that you can't really buy it in the US? (Unless you want to pay loads of shipping fees and taxes.)

3.Where are you located?

4.At what resolution while you be gaming at?

An i7 usually increases your performance in a very minor way since most applications use a maximum of 4 cores. In applications that use more than 4  cores hyperthreading increases the perfromance by a good 25%. (The hyperthreading on an i7 would be helpful for streaming)

Also don't listen to @Cokeman there is no reason to get a PSU that can supply so much wattage unless you want to Crossfire/SLI.

Also the R9 290 obviously delivers value for the money but the 780ti is the pinnacle of Single GPU cards. So do what you want with that information.

Go for better PSU! I would go for Seasonic / Corsair PSU. 850W is overkill, but you can go for 750 if you are gonna buy one more videocard. You can't run all games on ultra (too bad ports nowaday) on 4K, but if you are going for 1080p it's OK. :) Whatever go for better PSU. If you don't have money for better PSU - downgrade the CPU cooling (liquid cooling is a bit overhyped imo).

What are you talking about? EVGA powersupplies are really solid and deliver a great value.

1.What will you be doing with the computer other than gaming? Video editing? Animation? Rendering?

2.Are you aware of the fact that you can't really buy it in the US? (Unless you want to pay loads of shipping fees and taxes.)

3.Where are you located?

An i7 usually increases your performance in a very minor way since most applications use a maximum of 4 cores. In applications that use more than 4  cores hyperthreading increases the perfromance by a good 25%. (The hyperthreading on an i7 would be helpful for streaming)

Also don't listen to @Cokeman there is no reason to get a PSU that can supply so much wattage unless you want to Crossfire/SLI.

Also the R9 290 obviously delivers value for the money but the 780ti is the pinnacle of Single GPU cards. So do what you want with that information.

Now a lot of people will tell you the 290X is better I don't think it is but a lot of people will tell you its better then the 780 ti

Now a lot of people will tell you the 290X is better I don't think it is but a lot of people will tell you its better then the 780 ti

It is not unless we are talking about Crysis 3.

If you really want to blow your budget out of the water, then get a 780TI

@Globalite

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($144.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1412.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-21 14:19 EDT-0400

Thanks.

Nothing much really, just watch movies/gaming and possibly stream in the future but probably not going to happen.

I'll probably be purchasing the parts off more local sites though, I'm just using partpicker to get an idea of what I'm getting and what the price range roughly is going to be.

3.Where are you located?

In the Netherlands. I'll probably be purchasing the parts off more local sites though, I'm just using partpicker to get an idea of what I'm getting and what the price range roughly is going to be.

4.At what resolution while you be gaming at?

Not sure yet, I'll be getting a new screen after I build my computer.

Ah yeah, I've already made up my mind and I'll most likely be getting an i5, might upgrade the power supply by a little bit but I'm not sure yet. there's currently alot of room for potentional upgrades but i'd rather stay away from the unneccesary upgrades.

What are you talking about? EVGA powersupplies are really solid and deliver a great value.

Unfortunately the NEX isn't one of them. The G2/P2 are the ones to go for if buying EVGA.

Unfortunately the NEX isn't one of them. The G2/P2 are the ones to go for if buying EVGA.

The NEX Series is still a good unit for the monies.

The NEX Series is still a good unit for the monies.

The Rosewill Capstone would be a better choice.