Constant blue screen

ajhakra

I got a random blue screen when using my pc and now whenever I try to boot up, whether it be normally, in safe mode or from the cd, I just get a blue screen. Startup repair leads to a blue screen as well. Any ideas what is causing this?

I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

If you cant even get into the repair part of Windows I would suggest that it could be hardware related? Can you not attempt a clean install or something like that or can you not even do that? Maybe something in the PC has thrown a wobbly! Worth swapping some things about to see if that helps?

reinstall windows

check windows event viewer see what it tells you the problem is

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

@Enderman I can't do that as I can't even boot up with the CD to do that

cant you just format your drive and reinstall windows?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

@Enderman I don't have another device to plug the hard drive in to.

format it from the bios

Spoiler

format it from the bios

Can you tell me how to do that?

Can you tell me how to do that?

Oh you probably wont be able to do that...nvm

Jut put the windows OS disk in, and when you choose the drive to install it on there should be an option to format the partition.

Spoiler

Oh you probably wont be able to do that...nvm

Jut put the windows OS disk in, and when you choose the drive to install it on there should be an option to format the partition.

When I try to do anything with the disk I get a blue screen. I cant access the repair part of it in order to reinstall

When I try to do anything with the disk I get a blue screen. I cant access the repair part of it in order to reinstall

what does the blue screen say

it tells you what went wrong...

Spoiler

Its shown me a range on different errors.

When trying to boot from the disk I get an error which says "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" with a code at the bottom being " STOP: 0x000000050(0xFFFFF8800080003C, 0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFF8000C548B80" and one more that is off of the screen.

When trying to boot from the disk I get an error which says "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" with a code at the bottom being " STOP: 0x000000050(0xFFFFF8800080003C, 0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFF8000C548B80" and one more that is off of the screen.

You've got a ram problem. Try removing all but one stick. If it fails you know that stick is defective and try another.

Spoiler