Wireless Keyboard w/ Touchpad or USB Remote Control w/ Keyboard & 'Airmouse' ?

So I've been using xbmc for quite some time now with a wireless xbox 360 controller as a remote but the batteries always die real fast and I think it might be better getting a wireless keyboard with a touchpad in case you want to do something in windows.

Now the thing is I don't know whats better so I hope someone here has experience with these kind of products and how good they are for controlling a pc from your couch.

First thing I could think of was a regular wireless keyboard but with a built in touch pad, like the

Logitech K400,  EUR 29,90 on Amazon

wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r-glamour-lg

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-Built-In-Multi-Touch/dp/B005DKZTMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408641098&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+k400

I know Logitech and from what I can tell they make quality products, other than that this is just your regular keyboard so it may be a bit bulky and take away too much space on the coffee table.

So I went ahead and found some smaller ones, like this one here:

the iPazzPort Apache, EUR 19,99 on Amazon

41KKTd4-13L._SX300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/iPazzPort-Wireless-Handheld-Keyboard-KP-810-19A/dp/B0093ITXOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408641251&sr=8-1&keywords=iPazzPort+Apache

Never heard of that company before and while it looks kinda cool, I think the small keys may become annoying. On the other hand tough, this is more the format of a remote control so the whole "space" problem would be gone.

or maybe it would be getter to get an actual usb remote control with a keyboard?

I found this,

The Mele F10-PRO, EUR 39,90 on Amazon

20131230143611wdqsovl6.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Mele-F10-PRO-Wireless-Keyboard-Intelligent/dp/B00DHEUBPA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408641798&sr=8-1&keywords=Mele+F10+PRO

Haven't heard about Mele before either and the difference from the Apache thing above is that it doesn't have a touchpad but a gesture controlled air mouse. And I don't really know if that's good or bad, since I don't know how that gesture thing works. Is it with some sort of sensor bar like a wii? And I think it's pretty expensive for what it is.

On the other hand this one has actual remote control buttons wich would be cool for using xbmc with it.

Of course if anybody knows something even better feel free to post it here.

EDIT: I put the prices from german amazon but the links to US amazon, so that the descriptions and stuff are in english. I know everything is cheaper in $$$, especially the Mele F-10 pro...

I actally have that Mele one and, for simple pointing and clicking, is actually not bad. AND its charged by USB so no battery swapping madness.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

I actally have that Mele one and, for simple pointing and clicking, is actually not bad. AND its charged by USB so no battery swapping madness.

Can you tell me how the air mouse works? Does it use some sort of sensor bar or does it work in another way?  And how much did you pay, since I'll just order it from the UK if it's cheaper.

Can you tell me how the air mouse works? Does it use some sort of sensor bar or does it work in another way?  And how much did you pay, since I'll just order it from the UK if it's cheaper.

When you press a button, the infrared wakes up and, using the dongle it comes with (which is as big as a thumb drive), works in a similar way as a Wii remote, only without the silly bar thing :)

I paid £15 for it.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

When you press a button, the infrared wakes up and, using the dongle it comes with (which is as big as a thumb drive), works in a similar way as a Wii remote, only without the silly bar thing :)

I paid £15 for it.

ok thanks. But I guess the whole air mouse thing won't really work for me tough, since my pc isn't close enough to my tv.

I've used the Logitech K800 before, and it was pretty nice. It was small enough and light where you could probably put some velcro along the edges of the keyboard and some under a coffee table, and it would just sit there, and it wouldn't be that obvious.

Personal opinion, of course.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I've used the Logitech K800 before, and it was pretty nice. It was small enough and light where you could probably put some velcro along the edges of the keyboard and some under a coffee table, and it would just sit there, and it wouldn't be that obvious.

Personal opinion, of course.

thank you, I ended up ordering the logitech k400 after I found a review on youtube by barnacules.

thank you, I ended up ordering the logitech k400 after I found a review on youtube by barnacules.

Good idea. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)