Is the regular shield still going to be supported or is the tablet the only way to go?

pipnina

My parents have offered me something £250 or less for getting good grades in my GCSEs. I was going to ask for a shield but realised that the original shield FAQ still says it is only sold in the US and canada for one. For a second i'm unsure if the original shield is even still relevent given as the tablet has been released.

Obviously the tablet is out of my price range as the controller is sold seperately (The cheapskates)

I also thought of another issue that i might run into; Games: Do all my games stream to shield? even ones that run on emulators? And do the andorid games from the US even work in another region (like the CD regions)?

Knowledge is appreciated

~pipnina

@pipnina 

Yes, the Shield Tablet is an addition to the Shield family. It doesn't replace the regular Shield.

"Rawr XD"

Yup. It will get Android L, Nvidia has confirmed.

As for games, that may not last as long when it comes to Tegra exclusives.

The regular shield will still be supported.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It will still be supported, however it's not as powerful and when more pc games get ported over it might be insufficient.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yup. It will get Android L, Nvidia has confirmed.

What is Android L? I have only ever owned 1 android phone and it's quite old so IDK what android names mean. Also, "Will"? Does that mean it doesn't now?

Yes, the Shield Tablet is an addition to the Shield family. It doesn't replace the regular Shield.

Well that's a relief. TY.

As for games, that may not last as long when it comes to Tegra exclusives.

It will still be supported, however it's not as powerful and when more pc games get ported over it might be insufficient.

I'm mainly interested in GameStream, TBH and using it as a controller for some of my games that need one. As well as emulators... So the exclusives aren't a major factor for me, anyhow.

Also, If i go to another part of the country and leave my computer on, can I stream across the country?

Also, If i go to another part of the country and leave my computer on, can I stream across the country?

Yes, as long as you have a minimum of 5 mbps up and down

Yes, as long as you have a minimum of 5 mbps up and down

Alas, virgin media blesses me with 60Mbps down. But only 2.8 up.

I wonder if I can inquire about this to them.