[Rant] People that buy low end Android devices then move on to iPhone

Pommy192

Get a task killer such as Advanced Task Manager Pro, it's free on the play store

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | Cooling: H100i | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengence Pro 1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4457125http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/hHZ8TW

i hate how samsung became the face of android

ever since the S3 its the slowest bloated peace of shit ever

S2 was amazing in comparison

it sad not many people know what nexus devices are :(

I agree, my s2 has been with me for close to 4 years I think and is still going strong.

Currently on my nexus and whenever I use touchwiz on my s2 I wish it would burn in hell.but the s2 was very solid, not so much for s3-5

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

It doesn't matter the specs- the iPhone 4 is half the performance of a Moto G, yet I don't see people running to it.

(START_BLASPHEMY)Some people don't like Android(END_BLASPHEMY)- not all people who get iPhones get a 5S. I have a 4S, which I paid $129 after absolutely detesting Android on a Moto G. And the G is markedly faster!

I had a guy claiming that the new iphone processor beats out the arm processors used by major manufacturers. Fucking joke.

The iPhone is a simple smartphone. It brought the appeal of smartphones to the masses, and in that respect it has remained king (until ics imho). Android has a stigma attached, and this can only be combated with the masses gaining something elusive - it is called 'common sense' and unfortunately cannot be bestowed, it must be earned by the individual.

So many world problems are just because, as a species, we are stupid. The intelligence we have is dwarfed by our utter stupidity. Its not gonna change, guys. Just keep investing your money so google can keep doing what its doing.

I'll just leave this here. Not Qualcomm's highest offering, but it's in your precious M8 and S5.

http://versus.com/en/apple-a7-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-801

EDIT- I love that a quad-core 2.3GHz chip gets its ass kicked by a dual-core 1.3GHz chip.

EDIT 2- Qualcomm originally laughed at the 64-bit capabilities of the A7, now their future 808 and 810 chips are 64-bit. Also, the new Metal API in iOS 8 is basically Mantle for mobile. Apple takes their hardware seriously.

I agree! Same thing happens all the time. Though most of my friends are LLT fans.

They all have high end android phones, mid to high windows phones, and one with a iPhone 5S.

We daily fight about who has the better CPU and yell at our one AMD owner because he first said

"Your stupid Intel CPUs only have 4 cores! Mine has 8!"

He is past that now, but we still bring it up. 

I also hear "Android is too confusing" a lot. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Another story was a friends-friend bought a netbook for around £300 and was complaining what it was horrible, then, their family went out and bought a Mac for £1,200.

Yeh, I know right.

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | Cooling: H100i | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengence Pro 1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4457125http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/hHZ8TW

That is the general consumer - buy it as cheap as possible, since you want an Apple, but "can't afford it". Then that low-end device doesn't quite perform (surprise, surprise!), which convinces them to buy the Apple device anyway.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

S5 is supposed to be high end but its laggy though ... IPhone 5s>S5 screw lagwiz... Samsung craps on android HTC,LG,Sony,Nexus devices do it right

That's the problem with Samsung's phones. The phones are some of the most powerful phones on the market but touchwizz is just as resource hungry as an anti virus program so the components just don't stand a chance.

I'll just leave this here. Not Qualcomm's highest offering, but it's in your precious M8 and S5.

http://versus.com/en/apple-a7-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-801

EDIT- I love that a quad-core 2.3GHz chip gets its ass kicked by a dual-core 1.3GHz chip.

EDIT 2- Qualcomm originally laughed at the 64-bit capabilities of the A7, now their future 808 and 810 chips are 64-bit. Also, the new Metal API in iOS 8 is basically Mantle for mobile. Apple takes their hardware seriously.

Hang on a second, aren't you completely ignoring the fact iOS gets its speed through optimisation? Android is an open platform available for tons of hardware and even supports multiple architectures natively, whereas iOS is literally around 4 very select sets of hardware and thats it. The main reason older devices are phased out is to allow focus on newer devices, because if apple maintained software support for as many chips as google, or even just the meagre amount of devices it has released, the optimisation would suffer and people would see how inferior the hardware is. I can't complain AT ALL about speed on an iphone, what i hate is the locked down nature necessitated by such an approach to software. Android STILL technically maintains support for the lowest of low end hardware.

Apple takes it's hardware seriously? are you joking mate? It takes it's profits VERY seriously, and that along with it's image it takes very seriously, but nothing else springs to mind. They need to shake up their game, because their strategy worked well for a time but it isn't long term - there are limits to how smooth and fast a device can be percieved to be, and other manufacturers have focused on providing value elsewhere while apple has kept the same stale system.

Their future chips are 64-bit for tablets, which will soon be widely available with 4gb of ram for the biggest improvement 64 bit brings, and possibly for chromebooks and such devices (portable consoles-see vita- are also a safe bet). Apple brought it's 64bit processor out with the only explanation as to why being 'it's better than 32-bit, honest' and the public lapped it up. The only reason anyone is even thinking about 64 bit as 3gb of ram and massive mobile files are not the norm is because of consumer misinformation, and apple is the reason. Of course everyone else is going to capitalise on it now.

Please, stop. The only thing apple still sells now with some decency is it's ipod classic, an mp3 player with huge storage at a decent price, and that's a relic from an age ago, when apple gave two shits about consumers.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Hang on a second, aren't you completely ignoring the fact iOS gets its speed through optimisation? Android is an open platform available for tons of hardware and even supports multiple architectures natively, whereas iOS is literally around 4 very select sets of hardware and thats it. The main reason older devices are phased out is to allow focus on newer devices, because if apple maintained software support for as many chips as google, or even just the meagre amount of devices it has released, the optimisation would suffer and people would see how inferior the hardware is. I can't complain AT ALL about speed on an iphone, what i hate is the locked down nature necessitated by such an approach to software. Android STILL technically maintains support for the lowest of low end hardware.

Apple takes it's hardware seriously? are you joking mate? It takes it's profits VERY seriously, and that along with it's image it takes very seriously, but nothing else springs to mind. They need to shake up their game, because their strategy worked well for a time but it isn't long term - there are limits to how smooth and fast a device can be percieved to be, and other manufacturers have focused on providing value elsewhere while apple has kept the same stale system.

Their future chips are 64-bit for tablets, which will soon be widely available with 4gb of ram for the biggest improvement 64 bit brings, and possibly for chromebooks and such devices (portable consoles-see vita- are also a safe bet). Apple brought it's 64bit processor out with the only explanation as to why being 'it's better than 32-bit, honest' and the public lapped it up. The only reason anyone is even thinking about 64 bit as 3gb of ram and massive mobile files are not the norm is because of consumer misinformation, and apple is the reason. Of course everyone else is going to capitalise on it now.

Please, stop. The only thing apple still sells now with some decency is it's ipod classic, an mp3 player with huge storage at a decent price, and that's a relic from an age ago, when apple gave two shits about consumers.

Of course iOS is optimized- beacuse Apple is more focused on its experience than Google. All Google wants is to have Android running on as many devices as possible, and forfeits optimization and quality by doing so. That's not really their fault, but they made it open, and now it can never be as polished as iOS unless they work with 3 or 4 main manufacturers to stay in a smaller bubble of chips and hardware. The comapnies will never optimize heavily themselves, so that's out of the question.

For one thing, the fact that Apple even shipped a complete rewrite of its OS in 64-bit (not to mention the major overhauls iOS 7 brought) is prettt respectable, and it did so in less than a year. They take their hardware very seriously, but not just giving out copies of its OS out like candy to whoever shows a phone to them. 64-bit allows for a more stable OS, along with more RAM to be recognized, and it does run faster and more efficient than 32-bit. I don't believe on the website it says 'it's faster. Trust us.'

By doing this, they still support a phone from 2010 on their latest OS, and can make the most of it, whereas phones form 2013 will never see anything past what version of Android they shipped with. Sure, you can mod, but Google should take some responsibility and push manufacturers to support devices instead of tossing them out the window so they can ship a new one every four months. You shouldn't need to hack your phone to make it work the way you want it to.

Apple designs its own chips, and manufacturers making phones for Android just stick a Snapdragon in. How can you say Apple doesn't take hardware seriously then they design their own chips, program for them, creat APIs to take full advantage of them, and support them for much longer than other companies do? Last I checked, HTC and Samsung didn't do shit to optimize, they just slap on a skin that bogs the phone down further, and put it on a standardized Snapdragon 801 chip.

Apple designs its own chips, and manufacturers making phones for Android just stick a Snapdragon in. How can you say Apple doesn't take hardware seriously then they design their own chips, program for them, creat APIs to take full advantage of them, and support them for much longer than other companies do? Last I checked, HTC and Samsung didn't do shit to optimize, they just slap on a skin that bogs the phone down further, and put it on a standardized Snapdragon 801 chip.

Apple make their own "chips"? Samsung make the CPU's for the iPhones, they don't design and make it themselves, Samsung do it for them.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/20/samsung-confirmed-to-be-manufacturer-of-apples-new-a7-chip-in-iphone-5s

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/apples-next-generation-a8-chip-will-also-be-made-by-samsung-report-426391

Also, this topic is to do with people who go out and spend the smallest amount on a android mobile device and complain then spend 2x the price on an apple product.

Apple make their own "chips"? Samsung make the CPU's for the iPhones, they don't design and make it themselves, Samsung do it for them.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/20/samsung-confirmed-to-be-manufacturer-of-apples-new-a7-chip-in-iphone-5s

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/apples-next-generation-a8-chip-will-also-be-made-by-samsung-report-426391

Also, this topic is to do with people who go out and spend the smallest amount on a android mobile device and complain then spend 2x the price on an apple product.

Yes, Samsung builds them, but Apple designs them. They don't just order up a ton of Snapdragons.

I got a Moto G, and went back to my 4S, which is slower and older. So I do belong on this thread.

Of course iOS is optimized- beacuse Apple is more focused on its experience than Google. All Google wants is to have Android running on as many devices as possible, and forfeits optimization and quality by doing so. That's not really their fault, but they made it open, and now it can never be as polished as iOS unless they work with 3 or 4 main manufacturers to stay in a smaller bubble of chips and hardware. The comapnies will never optimize heavily themselves, so that's out of the question.

For one thing, the fact that Apple even shipped a complete rewrite of its OS in 64-bit (not to mention the major overhauls iOS 7 brought) is prettt respectable, and it did so in less than a year. They take their hardware very seriously, but not just giving out copies of its OS out like candy to whoever shows a phone to them. 64-bit allows for a more stable OS, along with more RAM to be recognized, and it does run faster and more efficient than 32-bit. I don't believe on the website it says 'it's faster. Trust us.'

By doing this, they still support a phone from 2010 on their latest OS, and can make the most of it, whereas phones form 2013 will never see anything past what version of Android they shipped with. Sure, you can mod, but Google should take some responsibility and push manufacturers to support devices instead of tossing them out the window so they can ship a new one every four months. You shouldn't need to hack your phone to make it work the way you want it to.

No mate. First of all, im talking google's strategy (open) vs apple's strategy (closed). Apple do not give out 'copies of its OS out like candy to whoever shows a phone to them', they don't give it out AT ALL to anyone, in any shape or form. Google's open source approach means manufacturers CAN optimise phones heavily, as is seen most often in the low end. Do you ever wonder why the iphone has such an average battery life by the standards of the latest smartphones? It should be judged on the same level as those, right? Because they don't need to change it. Their battery is tiny, and yet the phone is about on par for thickness with flagship androids. Why? How can an android manufacturer like HTC craft something more metal than the iphone (glhf with your broken glass), more comfortable than the iphone, more powerful than the iphone, and with a massive battery compared to the iphone, in around the same thickness? The larger screen gives more room, yes, but that doesn't account for the massive discrepencies in hardware between apple and the likes of HTC. HTC is doing terribly, and yet manages this? Why can't apple? Because it would cut into profit margins. Apple sells phones by the bucketload on image alone. don't kid yourself that the warranty, build, or components are even on par with android equivalents. The only thing apple excels at is software, and the locked down nature means every iphone looks almost exactly the same in software. When phones are used by almost everyone, and everyone is forced to use something apple deems best, do you really think apple found the magical formula for software that suits everyone? Not even close. They treat you like sheep, and you bleat accordingly.

And yeah. Apple's marketing. Complete wishy washy bullshit. Watch an advert (at least here in the UK). Its the most vague thing you could ever see. I honestly remember in one that there was a guy claiming the iphone was 'just better'. They havnt get anything over the competition but image.

And what utter bullshit are you on about with android updates? My own razr i, a phone that was popular with enthusiasts (to an extent) because of the intel 2ghz chip but didnt catch on at all in the mainstream, is recieving kitkat by the end of september. Forget the fact androids openness (such a bad idea obv) allows unnoficial updates to even the original htc dream, this is an official update from motorola after being acquired by google and then by lenovo (announcement made after the latter). Phone from late 2012, very unpopular, and latest android is incoming - it's taking a while because of the x86 architecture and unique implementation of such by intel, with many software tweaks to make it optimised with android. It still runs as fast as a flagship and the camera opens faster than the iphone 5s's (tested side by side against a friend's phone), taking pictures quicker too, which generally look the same. My old xperia pro, very old and very unpopular, ended updates officially with 4.0 but has since been updated by the guys at xda to 4.4 running fairly well. Apple doesnt even give you the bloody option! you clearly don't understand the way android works either, saying you have to hack your phone to update is like saying you have to hack a surface to install linux - just enable options in deep settings, and off you go. It's not brain surgery, and neither is recommended for normal users but both work fine. And do you even have an iphone 4? it runs shit on the latest ios - sister has one and complains she spent the £100 on it for the name. There are android phones for that price that can run smoothly with updates for two years more. Apple until recently had a two year support system, same as most android phones. Apple have done good with updating older phones last gen, but it's moot because most people are on contract for flagships, and they last two years generally. When sim free, phones tend to be replaced even quicker - usually every year, thanks to technology improvements.

Stop making shit up and come back with a real argument please.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

I think I smell an Apple Fanboy.

Apple can't compete with the specs that high end phone are put out with.

Still, this topic isn't an argument for brand loyalty.

No mate. First of all, im talking google's strategy (open) vs apple's strategy (closed). Apple do not give out 'copies of its OS out like candy to whoever shows a phone to them', they don't give it out AT ALL to anyone, in any shape or form. Google's open source approach means manufacturers CAN optimise phones heavily, as is seen most often in the low end. Do you ever wonder why the iphone has such an average battery life by the standards of the latest smartphones? It should be judged on the same level as those, right? Because they don't need to change it. Their battery is tiny, and yet the phone is about on par for thickness with flagship androids. Why? How can an android manufacturer like HTC craft something more metal than the iphone (glhf with your broken glass), more comfortable than the iphone, more powerful than the iphone, and with a massive battery compared to the iphone, in around the same thickness? The larger screen gives more room, yes, but that doesn't account for the massive discrepencies in hardware between apple and the likes of HTC. HTC is doing terribly, and yet manages this? Why can't apple? Because it would cut into profit margins. Apple sells phones by the bucketload on image alone. don't kid yourself that the warranty, build, or components are even on par with android equivalents. The only thing apple excels at is software, and the locked down nature means every iphone looks almost exactly the same in software. When phones are used by almost everyone, and everyone is forced to use something apple deems best, do you really think apple found the magical formula for software that suits everyone? Not even close. They treat you like sheep, and you bleat accordingly.

And yeah. Apple's marketing. Complete wishy washy bullshit. Watch an advert (at least here in the UK). Its the most vague thing you could ever see. I honestly remember in one that there was a guy claiming the iphone was 'just better'. They havnt get anything over the competition but image.

And what utter bullshit are you on about with android updates? My own razr i, a phone that was popular with enthusiasts (to an extent) because of the intel 2ghz chip but didnt catch on at all in the mainstream, is recieving kitkat by the end of september. Forget the fact androids openness (such a bad idea obv) allows unnoficial updates to even the original htc dream, this is an official update from motorola after being acquired by google and then by lenovo (announcement made after the latter). Phone from late 2012, very unpopular, and latest android is incoming - it's taking a while because of the x86 architecture and unique implementation of such by intel, with many software tweaks to make it optimised with android. It still runs as fast as a flagship and the camera opens faster than the iphone 5s's (tested side by side against a friend's phone), taking pictures quicker too, which generally look the same. My old xperia pro, very old and very unpopular, ended updates officially with 4.0 but has since been updated by the guys at xda to 4.4 running fairly well. Apple doesnt even give you the bloody option! you clearly don't understand the way android works either, saying you have to hack your phone to update is like saying you have to hack a surface to install linux - just enable options in deep settings, and off you go. It's not brain surgery, and neither is recommended for normal users but both work fine. And do you even have an iphone 4? it runs shit on the latest ios - sister has one and complains she spent the £100 on it for the name. There are android phones for that price that can run smoothly with updates for two years more. Apple until recently had a two year support system, same as most android phones. Apple have done good with updating older phones last gen, but it's moot because most people are on contract for flagships, and they last two years generally. When sim free, phones tend to be replaced even quicker - usually every year, thanks to technology improvements.

Stop making shit up and come back with a real argument please.

When it comes to battery life, the iPhone has a 4" screen. Screen size is the main factor in battery size, as it dictates the spread of the phone- of course the GS5 has a bigger battery, the screen is way bigger!

As for updates, 3rd party doesn't count. Just because guys at XDA can get a phone to 4.4 doesn't mean anything, as the carrier doesn't support it. I'm talkng 1st party support. As for your Intel phone, that's a special case- most phones don't have that, and the Atom obviously has some power behind it that other phones from 2012 didn't. However, that's still 2012. The 4 is 2010. And don't get me started on delays- Android updates coming out MONTHS after they release the generic build, whereas every iOS device gets every update at the same exact second.

HTC can make a phone with the build quality on par with the iPhone with a bigger battery, more or less as ergonomic as an iPhone, yet still be thinner because it's BIGGER. If the M8 had a 4" screen, you could bet your ass it would be thicker than the 5S. That's like saying a Smart Car handles as well as a Prius, but does so in a much smaller package.

Sure, Apple cares about profits. So does HTC, Samsung, hell, even the Catholic church cares about profits. But Apple's phones are simply superior in build quality. The choice of OS is in the eye of the beholder, but you can't say that anything comes close to the 5S in sheer deisgn and quality. Even just the Lightning cable is so much more solid and strong than the flimsy Micro-USB port most Android phones use. The iPhone is packed solid, with no seams or gaps- the M8 has those ugly lines on the back, breaking the metal into chunks. It has the ugly HTC logo on the front, and in some cases, the carrier logo.

If you want to bring ovines into this, we're all sheep- you have your reasons, I have mine, we both think we know some mystical secret as to why iOS is better than Android, or the M8 is superior to the 5S. We can keep this going until the end of time. Both phones provide quality experiences, we just prefer different styles, company standards, and OS types. Apple may have magical marketing, but if the phones were as bad as you say, even the Pope cananizing the iPhone wouldn't sell them. Likewise, obviously if Android was as bad as I could write a book about it on, no one would even give it a second glance. We have opinions- that's the point of having competition. People take sides to convince other people.

So, truce?

Idk why all these religeous comparisons are here

When it comes to battery life, the iPhone has a 4" screen. Screen size is the main factor in battery size, as it dictates the spread of the phone- of course the GS5 has a bigger battery, the screen is way bigger!

As for updates, 3rd party doesn't count. Just because guys at XDA can get a phone to 4.4 doesn't mean anything, as the carrier doesn't support it. I'm talkng 1st party support. As for your Intel phone, that's a special case- most phones don't have that, and the Atom obviously has some power behind it that other phones from 2012 didn't. However, that's still 2012. The 4 is 2010. And don't get me started on delays- Android updates coming out MONTHS after they release the generic build, whereas every iOS device gets every update at the same exact second.

HTC can make a phone with the build quality on par with the iPhone with a bigger battery, more or less as ergonomic as an iPhone, yet still be thinner because it's BIGGER. If the M8 had a 4" screen, you could bet your ass it would be thicker than the 5S. That's like saying a Smart Car handles as well as a Prius, but does so in a much smaller package.

Sure, Apple cares about profits. So does HTC, Samsung, hell, even the Catholic church cares about profits. But Apple's phones are simply superior in build quality. The choice of OS is in the eye of the beholder, but you can't say that anything comes close to the 5S in sheer deisgn and quality. Even just the Lightning cable is so much more solid and strong than the flimsy Micro-USB port most Android phones use. The iPhone is packed solid, with no seams or gaps- the M8 has those ugly lines on the back, breaking the metal into chunks. It has the ugly HTC logo on the front, and in some cases, the carrier logo.

If you want to bring ovines into this, we're all sheep- you have your reasons, I have mine, we both think we know some mystical secret as to why iOS is better than Android, or the M8 is superior to the 5S. We can keep this going until the end of time. Both phones provide quality experiences, we just prefer different styles, company standards, and OS types. Apple may have magical marketing, but if the phones were as bad as you say, even the Pope cananizing the iPhone wouldn't sell them. Likewise, obviously if Android was as bad as I could write a book about it on, no one would even give it a second glance. We have opinions- that's the point of having competition. People take sides to convince other people.

So, truce?

Idk why all these religeous comparisons are here

Haha dude let me first apologise for my rudeness, you made me laugh at the end. Indeed i got way too invested in that argument

To be frank, my main issue with apple is they could do so much more. HTC are basically in the worst position they have ever been in, and yet they crafted something as close to perfection as the HTC One. Apple has its coffers full, so why can't it shake things up the same way HTC did? Their progress could be so much faster. Samsung only succeeds because apple is too slow.

Just to shed some light on updates, apple has specific deals with every carrier allowing it some leeway, namely lack of bloat and direct updates. Because of the smaller margins of android devices (A Oneplus One gives you a rough idea of production price of a flagship), they cannot afford to make the same deals. Hence the bloat issue, validation for updates, etc.

The lightning cable was a good idea for apple, but a bad idea for consumers - apple promised years ago to adopt micro usb, as did all major phone manufacturers when the EU asked. Apple will soon be required to package an adapter for micro USB as per EU law. However, the advantages of lightening were already long considered for the new USB type C cable, which is far more versatile (it is being touted as the replacement for both ends of the USB cable) and is available for everyone. Not to mention i recently had to buy a lightning cable because of being constantly asked by friends and family if i have one on hand, and decent ones are certainly not cheap.

If apple made something revolutionary, I would throw away everything and buy it, but unfortunately that hasn't really happened since the first iphone - everything has been evolution. Evolution is ok but when they have the power to start the revolution, why don't they? Just ticks me off so much.

Anyways, your completely right. We are all sheep bowing to illuminati masters, hl3 confirmed, etc.

Haha dude let me first apologise for my rudeness, you made me laugh at the end. Indeed i got way too invested in that argument

To be frank, my main issue with apple is they could do so much more. HTC are basically in the worst position they have ever been in, and yet they crafted something as close to perfection as the HTC One. Apple has its coffers full, so why can't it shake things up the same way HTC did? Their progress could be so much faster. Samsung only succeeds because apple is too slow.

Just to shed some light on updates, apple has specific deals with every carrier allowing it some leeway, namely lack of bloat and direct updates. Because of the smaller margins of android devices (A Oneplus One gives you a rough idea of production price of a flagship), they cannot afford to make the same deals. Hence the bloat issue, validation for updates, etc.

The lightning cable was a good idea for apple, but a bad idea for consumers - apple promised years ago to adopt micro usb, as did all major phone manufacturers when the EU asked. Apple will soon be required to package an adapter for micro USB as per EU law. However, the advantages of lightening were already long considered for the new USB type C cable, which is far more versatile (it is being touted as the replacement for both ends of the USB cable) and is available for everyone. Not to mention i recently had to buy a lightning cable because of being constantly asked by friends and family if i have one on hand, and decent ones are certainly not cheap.

If apple made something revolutionary, I would throw away everything and buy it, but unfortunately that hasn't really happened since the first iphone - everything has been evolution. Evolution is ok but when they have the power to start the revolution, why don't they? Just ticks me off so much.

Anyways, your completely right. We are all sheep bowing to illuminati masters, hl3 confirmed, etc.

Yeah, their model of big update-minor update (3G to 3GS, 4 to 4S, 5 to 5S) makes it a little annoying. But if these rumors are true for the iPhone 6, I may have to hold you to your word :P

Also, I'm sure they'll find a way to avoid building a MicroUSB iPhone... Maybe just bundle a MUSB-Lightning adapter in the box? And those new reversible-USB cables that have leaked look awesome.

It's all a constant game of cat-and-mouse, we're just choosing a side. Nothing wrong with that!

I was wondering when this thread would turn into an Apple fanboys vs everyone else thread. 

A lot of my class friends swapped their crappy cheap android phones for much more expensive iPhone 4's and they are an improvement but for the cost they are horrible, they lag and because they are only 8gb they constantly run out of memory. They should have gotten a 16gb moto g but they just wanted an iPhone.

There are companies like Motorola that are making android phones the way they should. LG, HTC and Sony are also nice but don't have stock android and Samsung, well that is just horrible.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite