Corsair Obsidian 450D vs. 750D

adnank77

My next build is planned .. I'm waiting for X99 / Haswell-e to be out then compare the performance/price figures to Z97 and see which one will suit me more .. 

However, I've almost settled for Obsidian Series for the case .. 

Not sure though if I should go for 750D or 450D .. 

Both look nice .. the 450D might have better airflow due to the mesh front panel ..

I will go for SLI/Crossfire .. Might go for 3-way too but never 4-way SLI/CF .. 

There will be one optical drive, one hard disk and one (or two) SSDs 

Which one do you guys recommend ?

Rig1LianLi O11 Dynamic Evo | Asus Crosshair VIII Formula | Ryzen 9 5950x  | 2TB Gen 4 | 64 GB  RTX 4090 | Samsung 49" 5120x1440 

Rig2: TT Tower 200 | Asus X670e-i | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | 2TB Gen 5 | 64 GB  RTX 4090 | Samsung 57" 7680x2160  | Oculus Quest Pro

450D is fine for 2 way SLI, and three way SLI isn't worth the hassle, 450D is nice.

If watercooling is an option I would most definitely go with the 750D. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

750d is bigger . It will fit much better for 3way sli/crossfire. Mostly because the 450d is a bit closed for airflow in that region

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

750D

Oh and the 5,25" bay doesn't even work, you can push as hard as you want,, the thing refuses to secure itself, I tried several optical drives.

Are you sure you pushed the lock in the correct direction...?

Also there are mounting holes for screws in the other side of the bay if you wanted it more secure...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Phanteks Enthoo Pro ? Similar design, and it also has a mesh front panel.

I don't get the whole Corsair hype.. they are bad IMO.

A lot of people do this. They get one product they don't like then hate on the entire brand and never try anything from them again. Please don't be one of those people...

This is called bias. If you try 100 other products and 5 of them suck, maybe you wouldn't think they are 'BAD' You need to try more than just one product to have an unbiased opinion about a company.

Now if you try 100 products and 80 of them suck, then your opinion would be legit.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have the 760T, not a fan of it either.

All the other cases are basically the same in a different size so I don't expect any huge quality difference.

So all you've tried are their cases?

You know they make hundreds of other products too, right?

Spoiler

I only dislike the cases, everything else is great actually.

I own a bunch of Corsair things but they're overpriced right here and a lot of items don't hit the stores outside the US or Canada..

Ok then so just because you dislike their cases doesn't mean corsair is a bad company. There are plenty of people who have corsair cases as well as other products and are perfectly happy.

So basically you're saying that based on your experiences with their cases, your opinion is that there is better for the money. :)

Spoiler

650d

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."