"AIRA" Automatic Intelligent Rig Assembler

Ronron14
I am an IT Student... As a part of our subject System Analysis and Design, we we're given a Thesis project of developing an Application and our approved proposal is called AIRA or Automatic Intelligent Rig Assembler... AIRA is a Web App that will help a user build his/her own PC with just entering his/her Budget.... I'm still forming up algorithms... My question is... When building your PC.. How much percent of the given budget are you going to spend for each PC Components...

Something like this:

CPU: 20%

GFX: 25%

MOBO: 10

RAM: 15%

HDD: 10%

Chassis: 10%

CPU Cooler: 5%

Chassis Fans: 5% 

I am an IT Student... As a part of our subject System Analysis and Design, we we're given a Thesis project of developing an Application and our approved proposal is called AIRA or Automatic Intelligent Rig Assembler... AIRA is a Web App that will help a user build his/her own PC with just entering his/her Budget.... I'm still forming up algorithms... My question is... When building your PC.. How much percent of the given budget are you going to spend for each PC Components...
Something like this:
CPU: 20%
GFX: 25%
MOBO: 10
RAM: 15%
HDD: 10%
Chassis: 10%
CPU Cooler: 5%
Chassis Fans: 5% 

Well it really depends on what the computer is going to be used for. But those percentages look well balanced. Although you could maybe discard the chassis fans percantage and add that to the CPU, since most chassis come with fans. But it looks balanced.

Best of luck with your project, seems very exciting. :D

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

My GPU was like 50%

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think it depends on the use... Above a certain amount the going from an i5 to i7 won't do you much, and the same with going from $150 of RAM to $300 of RAM...

The algorithm would have to change in price brackets, with more being put to the GPU at higher prices.

An option for the user to enter the use case (e.g. video editing, gaming, home theatre PC, etc) would also help as if you're doing a server, you won't need K skew chips and all that.

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

Sounds great, but I think it would better to add a context to choose from, making the cost divisions more flexible (i.e. video rendering will put higher priority on CPU, gaming will put higher priority on GPU, etc.)...

That seems really cool!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Sorry.. I forgot to include that the User will select a Build Category... Gaming Build, Casual Build and Workstation Build.. Should I disregard the Chassis Cooler...? Btw thanks for the fast response people..!  ^_^ Probably for the Gaming Build higher percentage for the GFX...? And higher CPU for the Workstation Build....?

Sorry.. I forgot to include that the User will select a Build Category... Gaming Build, Casual Build and Workstation Build.. Should I disregard the Chassis Cooler...? Btw thanks for the fast response people..!  ^_^ Probably for the Gaming Build higher percentage for the GFX...? And higher CPU for the Workstation Build....?

That's a good direction to take...

I'd suggest something more advanced such as checkboxes which cover what the user plans to do with the system...

Can anyone please help me... I'm perfecting my Database... Anyone knows how to design ERDs...? So I have a Table for Case Fans named tb_Chssis_Fan and under that table I is an Attribute called size... And when it comes to size it is for sure to have repeating values and the goal in designing an ERD is eliminating repeating values... So should I create a table for Case Fan Sizes...? Or it is okay for the Size Attributes to have no Primary Table at all for it is a Continuous Variable or simply a Number...?

Mine was even higher. LOL

I call BS. 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Can anyone please help me... I'm perfecting my Database... Anyone knows how to design ERDs...? So I have a Table for Case Fans named tb_Chssis_Fan and under that table I is an Attribute called size... And when it comes to size it is for sure to have repeating values and the goal in designing an ERD is eliminating repeating values... So should I create a table for Case Fan Sizes...? Or it is okay for the Size Attributes to have no Primary Table at all for it is a Continuous Variable or simply a Number...?

This is where it gets complicated... (also what are ERDs???)

If it's a database fans, the field for size should have repeating fixed values (80,92,120,140,etc) since it can be said that it is a category...

Fields for Airflow/Static Pressure, Ariflow Rate (how many CFM), and Control (PWM or otherwise), and cost...

I'd suggest that the algo for choosing a fan be dependent on the chosen case and mobo (for fan control)... i.e. it would suggest at least 1 SP fan for rear exhaust and the rest are AF fans... with the fans at the lowest priority when it comes to selecting the parts... basically, the program would try to exhaust the budget on everything internal, then the case, before the fans...