We need...

Crashing

Exploding

The kind of sound a bouncing car makes

Laser sounds

Death screams

Terrible sounding hip hop

I think that's it so far

So everything awesome and high quality aside from the terrible hip hop? Shouldn't make the music TOO bad, that will simply annoy people's ear holes. The game, as awkward and bad as it may turn out, should still be a fun kind of bad instead of a headache-inducing kind of bad :P

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

So everything awesome and high quality aside from the terrible hip hop? Shouldn't make the music TOO bad, that will simply annoy people's ear holes. The game, as awkward and bad as it may turn out, should still be a fun kind of bad instead of a headache-inducing kind of bad :P

Yes, ofcourse.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Okay the 8 bit stuff sounds quite overused now that i think of it.

I think 8-bit would be awesome! and is probably a lot easier to make... and 8-bit (chiptune) music would also fit quite well. Maybe stuff from Logan's album?

INTEL I7 4790K @4.6Ghz |  ASUS Z97-A  |  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz 16gb | NVIDIA GTX 780 | NZXT H440 White | CORSAIR RM750 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | WD Caviar Black 1TB | LIQUID COOLED |

Yes, ofcourse.

Alrighty. Any specific deadline in mind on sound? I understand that it will take time as a whole. Audio also takes time, and I'm personally fairly nitpicky with it, along with being busy with other things.

Being minimalistic with the sounds, and getting the music just right with a decent loop (unless you want a few different tunes for variance), it will still take some time. I'd say ~week and a half. Maybe a week if I push hard, for the sake of why-not, but I am crunched a tad right now :P

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

So do we make it with photo textures or drawn.

Your choice

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

So is this really happening?

because if it is, I can't wait.

INTEL I7 4790K @4.6Ghz |  ASUS Z97-A  |  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz 16gb | NVIDIA GTX 780 | NZXT H440 White | CORSAIR RM750 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | WD Caviar Black 1TB | LIQUID COOLED |

This game is going on my Nexus 5 for sure, following this one! :)

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Alrighty. Any specific deadline in mind on sound? I understand that it will take time as a whole. Audio also takes time, and I'm personally fairly nitpicky with it, along with being busy with other things.

Being minimalistic with the sounds, and getting the music just right with a decent loop (unless you want a few different tunes for variance), it will still take some time. I'd say ~week and a half. Maybe a week if I push hard, for the sake of why-not, but I am crunched a tad right now :P

I don´t think there is a hurry. You don´t have to set a strict deadline. Do the sounds as you have time and will. :P

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Oh and just putting in my 2 cents, Linus needs to have very obvious socks and sandals :)

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Your choice

I think the 8-bit thing would work here and would not be as hard to make. It would certainly help with the project ever getting done.

If it works out, it will happen. 

So who's going to work on this? Is it just OP on his own, because this seems like a lot of work!

I think the 8-bit thing would work here and would not be as hard to make. It would certainly help with the project ever getting done.

agree 8-bit ftw

I've never worked with making 8-bit sound effects. 8-bit music, yes, but not stuff like explosions and crashing :D Should be fun.

Unless you want non-8-bit sounds with the game. I can still do that. Either, really. Just pick your poison.

I think we should wait on Dudes opinion on the 8-bit thing. I agree it will be more fun, as i have never done 8-bit stuff either.

No deadline. It will take me several days to return to England and then I will start the game.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Dude, on 21 Aug 2014 - 4:49 PM, said:

No deadline. It will take me several days to return to England and then I will start the game.

So the 8-bit thing is cool with you?

I've never worked with making 8-bit sound effects. 8-bit music, yes, but not stuff like explosions and crashing :D Should be fun.

Unless you want non-8-bit sounds with the game. I can still do that. Either, really. Just pick your poison.

A mix of both is fine. Also, in the terrible hip hop track we need random unnecessary swearing and references to weapons.

I think we should wait on Dudes opinion on the 8-bit thing. I agree it will be more fun, as i have never done 8-bit stuff either.

8 bit it is

A mix of both is fine. Also, in the terrible hip hop track we need random unnecessary swearing and references to weapons.

A mix of both? What do you mean, so we planned with our soundguy that the game would be in 8-bit, beacuse it is easier to do and people liked the idea.

A mix of both? What do you mean, so we planned with our soundguy that the game would be in 8-bit, beacuse it is easier to do and people liked the idea.

8-bit sounds aren't easier to do generally, the balancing of all the muddy-sounding tunes jumbled together is alien-language to me.

So 8-bit music, normal sounds, or the other way around? Normal music, 8-bit sounds? You're also wanting vocals in it? I could possibly get a decent rapper in on it. He prefers nice vocals, but is an inherently glorious rapper. Very white.