Noob quiestion . . .

When people refer to opening the .bat file (GUIminer, Litecoin) and editing settings such as:

set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
timeout 1
start /realtime cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u yourworker.1 -p password --thread-concurrency 22516 -g 1 --lookup-gap 2 -w 512 -I 20

What file are they referring to? It seems everyone just knows what it is and i have no idea.

I believe it refers to the online mining pool you linked your miner to. The mined coins will be transferred to that site, unless you have a local wallet. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :P

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

If you are using GUIMiner you don't need a .bat file, it's "GUI" miner.

If you mean CGMiner then you can read some documentation here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0

Or a handy guide here:

https://forum.give-me-coins.com/discussion/295/noob-scrypt-ltcftc-cgminer-guide-for-windows-7-8/p1

Are you using a P2Pool or a pool site where you need to make an account? For P2Pool the username is the public address that you want the coins sent to and the password can be anything you want (eg. rumblethecatisaverygoodpet), then the payout will be automatic.

For a pool with a login you will need to make a "worker" and use the worker name as the username and the password you set on the pool site. The pool site should have some simple instructions, but if you need more help feel free to ask :)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Well it's been a while since i mined, but as i remember you have to make a .bat file yourself. You just open up text document and then you write in the code that you get on the site where you mine, then you go save as and delete .txt and write .bat Then you just run the .bat file and hope it works. Also you should have the .bat file in the same folder that you have your miner. 

A batch file is a simple text file containing a script that runs various commands. To run it, you save it as a .bat filename extension.

In the case of mining, a .bat is used like a config file. It tells the interpreter to launch the mining program such as cgminer with certain pre-determined settings. Additionally they can be used to remove potential bottlenecks by giving permission to use 100% gpu, set the task priority to high, etc.

What is it about the batch file that you would like to better understand?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

If you are using GUIMiner you don't need a .bat file, it's "GUI" miner.

If you mean CGMiner then you can read some documentation here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0

Or a handy guide here:

https://forum.give-me-coins.com/discussion/295/noob-scrypt-ltcftc-cgminer-guide-for-windows-7-8/p1

Are you using a P2Pool or a pool site where you need to make an account? For P2Pool the username is the public address that you want the coins sent to and the password can be anything you want (eg. rumblethecatisaverygoodpet), then the payout will be automatic.

For a pool with a login you will need to make a "worker" and use the worker name as the username and the password you set on the pool site. The pool site should have some simple instructions, but if you need more help feel free to ask :)

I'm using GUIminer for mining litecoins and I'm trying to get a hang of the software and getting the most out of my GPU.

Next thing i'm looking at is optimizing for the most khash/s, Any suggestions on that?

I'm using GUIminer for mining litecoins and I'm trying to get a hang of the software and getting the most out of my GPU.

Next thing i'm looking at is optimizing for the most khash/s, Any suggestions on that?

GUIMiner is really handy. The GUI is very usable and the presets for the cards are very good in my experience. You could take a look at this for finer tuning of settings:

https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison#AMD_.28ATI.29

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

When people refer to opening the .bat file (GUIminer, Litecoin) and editing settings such as:

set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1

timeout 1

start /realtime cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u yourworker.1 -p password --thread-concurrency 22516 -g 1 --lookup-gap 2 -w 512 -I 20

What file are they referring to? It seems everyone just knows what it is and i have no idea.

Hello,

What exactly do you wish to know?

In CGminer there is an EXE file but that EXE file accepts various commands and flags for you to configure how you want the mining to be.

You have 2 ways to go about it

1. Use a batch file and within the batch comes with the details as what you posted.

2. Create a CONF file (config that is) 

{

"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://subdomain.domain.ext:portnumber",
"user" : "username.workername",
"pass" : "password"
}
]
"intensity" : "17",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",