Intel or AMD Cpu?

I need help!

Should I go with Intel core I5 4570 or something like that or should I go with Amd fx 6300. 

I know that there is a massive price difference but I need a cpu that can edit videos and play games.

I DON'T KNOW WHICH TO CHOOSE! HELP ME!

If you can afford the intel cpu then buy the intel cpu. It will benefit from editing videos. 

Well benchmarks say that the Core i5 is faster. Not to mention it will use less power and generate less heat.

Go with Intel. Heck if you can afford it, get a Core i7. Hyperthreading will help a lot with video editing. 

Keep in mind as well that the 6 cores on the FX 6300 are not actually 6 cores, just 3 modules split up into two.

Current Intel CPUs can do more instructions per clock cycle than AMD CPUs. Even so Kaveri was a 10% improvement in single core performance over Richland, so they are improving, but not at a fast enough rate.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

E3-1230v3. Hyperthreading should help with editing, and the price is the same as an i5.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

This forum's general answer for this type of question is...go Intel! :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

E3-1230v3. Hyperthreading should help with editing, and the price is the same as an i5.

This is true! :D

The Xeon isn't that much more expensive then the i5 4670K/4690K. At least here in Australia. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

If you really want to go for the AMD at least get the FX 8350, if Intel an i5 should do the job for some editing.

of course intel!!!!!

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

I would go for the E3 aswell, because it will be a bit better for those workloads and more likely to cool if your not planning to use somthing like a H100i or some kind of water cooled solution....

I would go for the E3 aswell, because it will be a bit better for those workloads and more likely to cool if your not planning to use somthing like a H100i or some kind of water cooled solution....

And i forgot to mention, that you can OC Xeons a bit aswell, like Linus showed in a video

And i forgot to mention, that you can OC Xeons a bit aswell, like Linus showed in a video

One thing to not is LGA1150 isn't quite as friendly to base clock tuning as X79, so you'll probably get to 102 (which is 3366mhz) or a whopping 3774 when it boosts :P

But yes the 1230V3 is a good choice here. But the 4570 is also good.

One thing to not is LGA1150 isn't quite as friendly to base clock tuning as X79, so you'll probably get to 102 (which is 3366mhz) or a whopping 3774 when it boosts :P

But yes the 1230V3 is a good choice here. But the 4570 is also good.

i can agree :D but i have to say, for many heavily threaded workloads i would choose X79/X99 anyway...  but ist some kind of Money Problem in my case.

Ok so Intel then but which one should I choose:

I5 4570?

I5 4670?

I5 4690?

I5 4590?

And I dont want to overclock anything cause Im to scared to do that and I'm worried if I do overclock then I will basically kill the cpu.

Ok so Intel then but which one should I choose:

I5 4570?

I5 4670?

I5 4690?

I5 4590?

And I dont want to overclock anything cause Im to scared to do that and I'm worried if I do overclock then I will basically kill the cpu.

I see. why do you ignore the Xeon???

and you wont if u use maybe ai suite

Intel Xeons cost to much

Less than an I7 >.> Plus you get HT, you get ECC if you want to run a small computation server later on, and you get a far superior stock cooler over the standard ones which come with Intel's mainstream processors.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646e31231v3

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Less than an I7 >.> Plus you get HT, you get ECC if you want to run a small computation server later on, and you get a far superior stock cooler over the standard ones which come with Intel's mainstream processors.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646e31231v3

Does Z97 have ECC? Or do you need to get a 'server' grade platform? I think it was C216 or something but that was for the Ivy V2s

Does Z97 have ECC? Or do you need to get a 'server' grade platform? I think it was C216 or something but that was for the Ivy V2s

C 224/226. And yeah I know it's super annoying. I wish AMD would put ECC on consumer APUs and make Intel put availability on more consumer chipsets.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

No but I don't want a xeon processor, I am just asking you guys which i5 to buy.

I5 4570?

I5 4590?

I5 4670?

or the I5 4970?

No but I don't want a xeon processor, I am just asking you guys which i5 to buy.

I5 4570?

I5 4590?

I5 4670?

or the I5 4970?

Of those the 4690 will be the best performance, but whether or not it fits your price is up to you. Do you plan on replacement in 3-4 years? If not, max it out. Otherwise save a couple bucks and go 4670.

I5 4570?

I5 4590?

I5 4670?

or the I5 4970?

Why don't you want a xeon? it's not more expensive or anything. 

i5s are better than xeons in that they can overclock, if you buy a locked one you kind of defeat the purpose. So the 4690k would be the best option for an i5. There is no such thing as a core i5 4970 I'm afraid.

The fx 6300 is still a good option because it's much cheaper, it all depends on how much money you can spend.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Why don't you want a xeon? it's not more expensive or anything. 

i5s are better than xeons in that they can overclock, if you buy a locked one you kind of defeat the purpose. So the 4690k would be the best option for an i5. There is no such thing as a core i5 4970 I'm afraid.

The fx 6300 is still a good option because it's much cheaper, it all depends on how much money you can spend.

Xeons work on Z97 for example with a ASUS Z97 WS   -    best option and you will never run into compatibility issues!!!!!!!

Xeons work on Z97 for example with a ASUS Z97 WS   -    best option and you will never run into compatibility issues!!!!!!!

exactly!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The AMD is perfectly fine for what you want to do, i've had mine for 8 years and never had any problems running extensive programs as well as high def games.