Laptop Cooler/Stand

Chiggles01

So I know this probably isn't exactly the right place to post this, but I didn't really know where else to :P

I'm looking for a laptop stand/cooler to keep my laptop cool whilst gaming.  I currently have a crappy fan stand, that does next to nothing to disperse the heat.  I'm not sure what options there are out there that are actually good.  Considering my CPU is reaching 94 degrees, I'm pretty sure that this isn't great for my laptop...

Any suggestions?  Also, if you guys have any tips for keeping your Laptops cool, chuck 'em below as well.

cheers guys

Check out things from Targus.

Be careful when you do, i bought a Targus cooler that isn't that well, i suggest get the cooler master ones.

zalman, cooler master anything will do just fine for you. I would say cheapest one with a big fan is the way to go.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

If you feel up to it, crack open your laptop and replace the crap thermal compound with Arctic Silver. I did that and it shifts heat out of the heatsink much more effectively.

In any case, if your CPU is constantly running at 94 degrees, that's nothing to sniff at; something's up with your laptop, they're not supposed to do that. I would check to see if there are any processes or registry errors making your computer max out.

For reference, I run an APU, so it's a natural volcano and I never worry too much about temperatures. Overloading it isn't easy and AMD makes very sturdy and resilient chips. Even so, a chip reaching 94 degrees especially on a laptop is a big problem and you need to sort it out before you buy a new laptop cooler.

If you feel up to it, crack open your laptop and replace the crap thermal compound with Arctic Silver. I did that and it shifts heat out of the heatsink much more effectively.

In any case, if your CPU is constantly running at 94 degrees, that's nothing to sniff at; something's up with your laptop, they're not supposed to do that. I would check to see if there are any processes or registry errors making your computer max out.

nah it's just under load - mostly BF4. I get around 50-60 whilst on idle

For reference, I run an APU, so it's a natural volcano and I never worry too much about temperatures. Overloading it isn't easy and AMD makes very sturdy and resilient chips. Even so, a chip reaching 94 degrees especially on a laptop is a big problem and you need to sort it out before you buy a new laptop cooler.

It's only peaking at 94, mostly running at 90ish under load.  that's still bad though.

17" or 15"?

there might be great Options from Zalman and even a good one  with integrated Speakers from Logitech.

How bout some freezer bricks???

Jk, even though they do work. 

Anyways, the X3 from Cooler Master is a really decent laptop cooler. It has a 20cm fan and a USB 2.0 port. 

The Thermaltake Massive 14 Square Notebook Cooler is also a good choice with the two 14cm fans along with a x2 USB 2.0 hub. 

These both have blue LED fans and have controllable fan speeds with the Thermaltake being able to reach up to about 1200 RPM from around 700 RPM whereas the Cooler Master cooler has a lower RPM fan that spins from about 500 to 850 RPM. 

I'd choose the Thermaltake because of the dual 140mm fans, and the USB hub.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!