School / Gaming laptop

kenlo722

I need a laptop for school. Currently i have the following desktop:

CPU: AMD A6-3500

Motherboard: ASUS F1A55-M LE

RAM: Kingston 4GB

Display: Inno3D Nvidia 750Ti

HDD: 500GB seagate

I want a notebook that can handle daily work and possibly game on it.

The university is offering some model of HP and Asus in discounted price.

Asus:http://www.hknotebook.com/np14/cuhk-asus/catalog

HP:http://www.hknotebook.com/np14/cuhk-hp/catalog

requirements:

1. Preferably i7, i5 is ok though.

2. more than 8gb of ram

3. number pad

I am looking at:

ASUS N series R552JK-CM475H

HP Envy 15

Which of them worth it?(or others?)

ps:

1HKD =0.129025 USD (provided by Google)

I can also possibly get lenovo Y50(i7-4710HQ/1TB HDD/16GB RAM/860M 4G) for 9999HKD.

EDIT:

Budget doesn't matter, as long as it is in the website above.

Budget?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The HP and the Asus one you were looking seems like the same but the HP one has a faster cpu but the Asus one has a better battery life, it's your chose for what you want. 

If you're getting a laptop for school and plan to game on it, I highly suggest looking at the least flashy looking laptops. A laptop that looks clearly like a gaming laptop is a dead giveaway for teachers and students (wonder all the shit students could do to it, like steal or break it). Look for something subtle, something that looks like a normal laptop, but has great specs.

Sorry that I can't help more, but just some advice. A gaming laptop attracts attention in schools, no matter if elementary school  or university.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

The HP and the Asus one you were looking seems like the same but the HP one has a faster cpu but the Asus one has a better battery life, it's your chose for what you want. 

Can i game on those? I don't mind turning down the settings a little bit, but it have to be on playable FPS(~60) for current gen games.

Can i game on those? I don't mind turning down the settings a little bit, but it have to be on playable FPS(~60) for current gen games.

what kind of games for example? 

Like BF4 and someting like that

what kind of games for example? 

Like BF4 and someting like that

for bf4 then yes on 60 fps depending on what settings you chose from.