Powerful small gaming machine!

megaant4

Hey Guys!

I'm looking at building a powerful small gaming machine. Either Mini-ITX or Micro-ATX. With powerful graphics for gaming. Something small and portable, easy to move for LAN parties. I have a $1000AUD budget. Thanks in advance!!

For a case people will tell you to get a prodigy.

Don't get a prodigy.

It's so cliche.

phenom and colossus micro are great alternatives

For a case people will tell you to get a prodigy.

Don't get a prodigy.

It's so cliche.

phenom and colossus micro are great alternatives

Ahaha okay, well what case would you recommend?

i5

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($272.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($165.00 @ CPL Online) 
Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($87.00 @ CPL Online) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($259.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $962.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-21 12:05 EST+1000

Ahaha okay, well what case would you recommend?

I'll assume you didn't read the tiny text. Bitfenix has other similar models like the phenom m and colossus micro. Silverstone has the raven rvz01 and corsair has the 250d.

I'll assume you didn't read the tiny text. Bitfenix has other similar models like the phenom m and colossus micro. Silverstone has the raven rvz01 and corsair has the 250d.

Sorry I didn't even see the smaller text.. Thanks, I'll look at those cases. 

i5

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($165.00 @ CPL Online) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($259.00 @ CPL Online) 

Very nice, I prefer Nvidia though? Would you recommend the GTX 770 as an alternative?  

Sorry I didn't even see the smaller text.. Thanks, I'll look at those cases. 

Very nice, I prefer Nvidia though? Would you recommend the GTX 770 as an alternative?  

if you can fit it in your budget then yes but butting a gtx 770 in your build would go out of budget.

if you can fit it in your budget then yes but butting a gtx 770 in your build would go out of budget.

Alright, It might be worth just waiting a bit, saving some more, then just buy a new 800 series card..

i5

I don't recommend the elite 120, I would spend the extra $ and get the elite 130 because it is more upgradeable and has support for 120mm liquid coolers, also I would not go for overclocking in this case (get it, hahaha) because the extra money that you will spend on the parts could be better spent for the graphics card. Also that psu wont be enough for that build + overclocking (which I assume will happen because of the K series cpu and Z series mobo

@op if you could get an ssd and live of that for a while or reuse an old harddrive because it is really worth it. Also buy the parts from umart because they have great prices and you could pick them up from the warehouse in Brisbane

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza