Drivers for Quadro and 780 Ti in the same build?

Hi guys, hope y'all can help me sort out a driver issue, can't seem to find a clear answer online...

I want to put a Quadro K4000 (Maya and 10-bit color) in the same build as a 780 Ti (CUDA processing and gaming), connected to separate monitors:

Quadro K4000 = ASUS PA279Q

EVGA 780 Ti = ASUS PB278Q

My question: how do I install both sets of drivers? Is this even possible? I know the main benefit of the Quadro K4000 is in the driver optimization, but I don't want to cripple the 780 Ti in the process.

This is similar to the Ultimate Video Editing Build, but that thread seems to be full of people scratching their heads like me re: drivers.

Thanks from a first-time poster who can't stop tweaking his first build!

Current Build

4770K --- GA-Z87X-OC --- EVGA 780 Ti Classified --- 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

Windows 8.1 + A comically crashing OS X 10.9

There's a contentious discussion in this thread, including someone insisting the Quadro + GTX combo is a huge huge mistake...

Current Build

so far we have no clue as to how the drivers for the quadro will work with the Geforce drivers

in theory both driver will work since they are designed by nVidia but we cant be 100% if they may conflict each other or not

if you look at the price of the K4000 and the 780Ti combined

you may be able to get the Titan Black which is a hybrid of a Geforce and Quadro GPU rolled into one card

just a though

so don't quote me on this 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I couldn't find the video myself, but Linus did a video with a Quadro and 780 in the same machine, for one of the office computers.

Generally, you're able to do this fine. Which is why this exists.

so far we have no clue as to how the drivers for the quadro will work with the Geforce drivers

in theory both driver will work since they are designed by nVidia but we cant be 100% if they may conflict each other or not

if you look at the price of the K4000 and the 780Ti combined

you may be able to get the Titan Black which is a hybrid of a Geforce and Quadro GPU rolled into one card

just a though

so don't quote me on this 

Good thought! I'll look around and see if anyone has tried this and posted results.

I couldn't find the video myself, but Linus did a video with a Quadro and 780 in the same machine, for one of the office computers.

Generally, you're able to do this fine. Which is why this exists.

Unless he did another I think you mean the Video Editing build I linked? But yeah if AMD and GeForce are doable it's definitely worth trying and benchmarking the Quadro + GTX together...

Current Build

If you Need additional compute-power maybe you look for a Tesla K20.

but i´m doing the same with a GTX780Ti and a K6000 and it works extremly well, but ist not my "at home PC", because of that config being too expensive for gaming use on my Budget.

The quadro Tesla combo is actually supported and suggested. Also for your use why not titan instead of 780 ti?

If you Need additional compute-power maybe you look for a Tesla K20.

but i´m doing the same with a GTX780Ti and a K6000 and it works extremly well, but ist not my "at home PC", because of that config being too expensive for gaming use on my Budget.

I'd love to go Tesla but it's out of my price range for now...

So you basically install both sets of drivers? And you haven't haven't had any driver conflicts?

The quadro Tesla combo is actually supported and suggested. Also for your use why not titan instead of 780 ti?

Well I'd figured the K4000 + 780 Ti combo was my best price/performance option, but if a Titan Black works as well as the K4000 I might sell these two cards and go that route.

Current Build